The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

25 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's a Funky Tuesday here at WMRK Internet Radio - "All Hits, All The Time"® so here are a couple of Solid Gold funky classics to get yo booty shakin' this morning!

Back to Stirling for today's shave. Stirling Noir is of course an homage to Drakkar Noir, a frag that takes me waaaay back.. I've worn this since the 80's and had it on the night I met the girl who would one day become my wife. ❤️❤️❤️

Great scent and lather! Three passes produces a DFS+ and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Drakkar.. Nice!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Noir" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. Pro Handle Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Noir" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Drakkar Noir EdT

IMG-8284.jpg

27 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Sorry for my absence yesterday. A lot going on here at work and I didn't have time to do much more than lurk. But let's get some music going with a couple of songs that are tied in to today's shave. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. Went back to CBL's "Bee-Spoke" shave soap and tonic. Love the scent and performance. Three passes and I finished with matching tonic and a spray of Zoologist "Bee" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL "Bee-Spoke" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless / Alum / CBL "Bee-Spoke" After Shave Tonic / Zoologist "Bee" EdP

IMG-8305.jpg

Mark taking casual Fridays to a whole new level!
giphy.gif

31 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Let's get some tunes going this Monday morning with a new band I discovered over the weekend. Great retro early 80's Dark Wave/New Wave, Post Punk in the vein of Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Went with @CBLSoap.com "Cigar Shop Hombre" soap. Fantastic scent and lather. Three passes for a DFS+ and I finished with a splash of "Cigar Aficionado" after shave and a spray of "Havana" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Master Barber "Cigar Shop Hombre" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. 2-Band Finest Badger / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless / Alum / Aficionado Fragrances "Cigar Aficionado" After Shave Splash / Aramis "Havana" EdT

IMG-8331.jpg

I love Dead Can Dance! I always wanted to get a chain necklace that had a pendant that said Momento Mori - found a cool one - but never pulled the trigger.

Have a great day my friend!

Back