The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

4 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Got a couple from Sting for you this morning from my favorite of his solo albums, The Soul Cages. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning! Got in my bottle of Zoologist "Bee' yesterday so I used "BEE-spoke", the matching soap and after shave tonic from @CBLSoap.com . Three passes worth of superb lather provided a DFS+ result. Finished with the aforementioned matching tonic and a spray of "Bee". Wonderful!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / CBL Soaps "Bee-Spoke" Shave Soap / YAQI "Bali" Badger / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CBL Soaps "Bee-Spoke" After Shave Tonic / Zoologist "Bee" EdP

IMG-8077.jpg

No money shot of the Zoologist bottle? Those things are hot!

5 January 2022

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits - All The Time®) and here's a couple from the incredible Ann & Nancy Wilson and their band Heart. Hope you enjoy!

Another fantastic shave today! Went back to Murphy & McNeil's latest, "Barbershop De Los Muertos 3". Great yogurt-like lather, super slippery and very fragrant. Three passes for a DFS++ result and I finished with a splash of the matching after shave (+skin food) and a spray of the BDLM3 EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 3" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Talisman" Synth / PAA SS META-4 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 3" Aftershave / Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 3" EdP

IMG-8092.jpg

6 January, 2022

Revisiting Depeche Mode for today's Morning Music. Here are a couple from their album Violator. This is another one that when I hear it takes me back to my Navy days. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. Went with First Line Shave's "Illustrious Oud". First use and I was blown away with both the quality of lather and ease of building it. The scent is a lovely earthy, spice-oud with a touch of sweetness in the background. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Arabiyat "Oud Al Layl" EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Shave Soap / Shave Forge Synth / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Aftershave Splash / Arabiyat "Oud Al Layl" EdP

IMG-8095.jpg

That is one of their best albums!
giphy.gif

7 January, 2022

Finally Friday so here's something laid back and easy for you to round out the workweek with . Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Fantastically slick and cushioning lather from the MDC soap. Lovely lavender scent as well. Three passes and I finished with some Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" ASB and a spray of CK One "Shock" EdT.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / Martin De Candre Original Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 1 Best Badger / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" After-Shave Balm / CK One "Shock" EdT

IMG-8133.jpg

10 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

The day has arrived! The CFP National Championship game is tonight! So let's get some appropriate music going! 🧀

Great shave this morning. Went with the spicy-rose of WCS's "Oriental" soap and splash. Great scent and lather. Three passes and I finished with the aforementioned splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Creed "Royal Mayfair". Great way to start the week! Now if Bama can get the win tonight it's be the perfect start to the week!

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / West Coast Shaving "Oriental" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Pro Handle" Synth / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / West Coast Shaving "Oriental" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP

IMG-8158.jpg

Back