The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

20 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Jazz / Fusion mood this morning so here is the Dave Weckl / Tom Kennedy Project with "Espiritu Del Songo" live in the Czech Republic. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning! I observed "No Shave Sunday" yesterday so today's shave was especially nice. Went back to MacDuffs Soap's "Bad Santa". Love this soaps's performance and scent. Sweet tobacco, cherry, vanilla, whisky and spices. A fresh Wizamet in the Rockwell 6S and three passes later, a DFS++ was the result. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Phaedon's "Tabac Rouge" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

MacDuffs Soap Co. "Bad Santa" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / MacDuffs Soap Co. "Bad Santa" After Shave Splash / Phaedon's "Tabac Rouge" EdP

IMG-7960.jpg

21 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre and Happy Winter Solstice! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

More mellow jazz sounds for your first day of winter. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today! Went back to Stirling's "Christmas Eve" soap and splash. Fantastic lather and wonderful holiday scent. Finished with a spray of Burberry London for Men. Perfect complementary frag for the soap and splash.

Stirling Soap Co. "Christmas Eve" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. HMW Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Christmas Eve" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Burberry "London for Men" EdT

IMG-7964.jpg

I think Mark has the right idea. For the next three days I'll be using Christmas Eve to finish out the week.
I'll be using a variety for the next few days (Vespers, Magi, Candy Cane, etc.). My birthday is tomorrow and I have a special "Birthday SOTD" planned. I have a new soap and brush that I've been waiting for weeks to use. First use for each will be for my b'day tomorrow.

22 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Don't know why this particular memory popped into my head today. It's my birthday, but these songs have nothing really to do with that. As I was getting ready for work this morning I thought back on the near-fatal car accident I was in and how, after months of inpatient stays (at both the hospital and rehabilitation center), when I was finally discharged and came back home, this band was who I listened to (mostly) during the months of outpatient rehab. So these two albums specifically will always be favorites of mine. Check them out if you never have. Hope you enjoy!

Wanted a special shave for my birthday and I waited WEEKS so that the first uses of both the soap and brush would be on this day. They were worth the wait!! Luxurious scent and lather from the Dragonsbeard soap and the brush (my first from Wild West Brushworks with a badger knot) is gorgeous! Three passes and I finished with the matching Skin Food Splash and EdP. Wonderful birthday shave!

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Dragonsbeard" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rose Noir" Badger / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Dragonsbeard" Skin Food Splash / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Dragonsbeard" EdP

IMG-7971.jpg

Back