The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

28 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some tunes rolling this morning with a couple of gems from way back in 1984. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning! Went with Murphy and McNeil's Barbershop De Los Muertos 2 soap and splash. Great lather produced by the Aon base and the scent if fantastic (homage to Tom Ford for Men). Three passes for a DFS++ result. Finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Tom Ford for Men EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 2" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Talisman" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 2" Afterlife Aftershave (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford for Men EdT

IMG-8021.jpg

29 December, 2021

Featuring a couple from M.J. for today's Morning Music segment. These go all the way back to 1979. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. First use of Asylum Levante, a new Spanish-made, triple-milled hard soap from BullGoose Shaving. Great slip and cushion. Soap was a bit thirsty. Scent is a light citrusy, herbal, floral. Post shave face-feel was fantastic, likely due to the shea butter. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Mandom ASL (+ skin food) and a spray of Davidoff "Cool Water" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

"Asylum Levante" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best Badger / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet Super iridium
Alum / "Mandom" After Shave Lotion (+ Skin Food) / Davidoff "Cool Water" EdT

IMG-8031.jpg

30 December, 2021

In a Bowie mood this morning so here are a couple from his 1993 album Black Tie White Noise. This album always takes me back to my time in the Navy. One of my favorite Bowie album then and still to this day. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning despite being rushed. We had storms roll through the area last night and I'm on call. Some late calls, but thankfully nothing serious. Still, I was moving slow this morning so I grabbed the tub of Nancy Boy "Sandalwood" cream. Always a great lather and easy to produce. Wonderfully warm Mysore sandalwood scent as well. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Booster "Polar Ice" After Shave Lotion and a spray of Versace Signature EdT. Spring like temps here for the next few days so I had to break out a warmer weather frag.

Nancy Boy "Sandalwood" Shave Cream / YAQI "Purple Haze" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Wizamet Super iridium
Alum / Booster "Polar Ice" After Shave Lotion (+ Skin Food) / Versace Signature EdT

IMG-8043.jpg

Last edited:
3 January, 2021

A surprise 4" inches of snow this morning! Very rare in these parts! We were under a winter storm warning yesterday but historically it almost never pans out. Quite surprising. Very pretty now but I'm sure, once it's over, there will be a few deaths due to lack of bread and milk.

Let's get some tunes going this morning and for reasons I really don't know, snowy, cold weather always makes me think of Jethro Tull. So here are a couple for your enjoyment.

Fantastic shave today. Great lather and scent from Noble Otter's "Thé Noir Et Vanille" soap. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of SpiceBomb EdT. Fantastic!

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "First Lather" / Noble Otter "Thé Noir Et Vanille" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Noble Otter "Thé Noir Et Vanille" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / SpiceBomb EdT

IMG-8069.jpg

Back