The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

15 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Going with more sax jazz for today's morning music. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Went with Barrister and Mann's "Vespers" soap. Perfect combination of holiday scents. A little vanilla sweetness from the Mousse de Saxe but made festive with the cranberry and balsam. Three passes worth of excellent lather provided a DFS+ result. Finished with some Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" after shave balm and a spray of Tom Ford "Oud Wood" EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Barrister and Mann "Vespers" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Kokopelli" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" After-Shave Balm / Tom Ford "Oud Wood" EdP

IMG-7934.jpg

15 December, 2021

Going with more sax jazz for today's morning music. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Went with Barrister and Mann's "Vespers" soap. Perfect combination of holiday scents. A little vanilla sweetness from the Mousse de Saxe but made festive with the cranberry and balsam. Three passes worth of excellent lather provided a DFS+ result. Finished with some Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" after shave balm and a spray of Tom Ford "Oud Wood" EdP.

Barrister and Mann "Vespers" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Kokopelli" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" After-Shave Balm / Tom Ford "Oud Wood" EdP

View attachment 70206
Love the tunes!

16 December, 2021

In a Thomas Dolby mood this morning so for today's Morning Music, here are a trio of tracks from his 1988 album, Aliens Ate My Buick. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! I was going through "Obsession" withdrawals so I took care of that today. Strike Gold Shave's "Shaveline NBD" soap provided a fantastically fragrant and slick lather. Three passes and I finished with some Obsession after shave balm and a spray of the matching EdT. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Strike Gold Shave "Shaveline NBD" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best Badger / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Alum / CK "Obsession for Men" After Shave Balm / CK "Obsession for Men" EdT

IMG-7940.jpg

17 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's Friday at last so let's get some music going for you, something easy to get you through the day. Hope you enjoy,

Wonderful shave this morning. My "Barbershop de Los Muertos 3" soap & splash set arrived yesterday so I had to use it this morning. The scent is inspired by Guerlain Homme Intense and has a very nice woody, boozy, green, spicy scent. I've never tried the frag this is based on but, after using the soap and splash, I may have to get some! This soap is in their Kodiak base and provided a fantastic lather, slick and cushioning with a nice post-shave face feel. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Casanova" Edp.

Murphy and McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 3" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Talisman" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Murphy and McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos 3" Afterlife Aftershave / Alexandria Fragrances "Casanova" Edp

IMG-7947.jpg

Back