The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I can tell when I'm getting sick. I get a weird sensation on my skin. Almost as if my nerve endings are getting extra sensitive.
Kind of a bummer of a superpower to get. I'm trying to think of how it can be used to fight crime in Gotham.
Made it into work but don't know if I'll make it til 5.
Curious, they are super hesitant to prescribe narcs here. With your chronic back stuff, you have a stash for when you need a break, or are they just as resistant to you being happy?

Curious, they are super hesitant to prescribe narcs here. With your chronic back stuff, you have a stash for when you need a break, or are they just as resistant to you being happy?
At work I do OTC stuff to help get me through the day. I have some of the stronger stuff at home but don't like to travel with it. But taking all this ibuprofen (800mg + daily - though sometimes I mix ibuprofen and acetaminophen) can't be good.

But taking all this ibuprofen (800mg + daily - though sometimes I mix ibuprofen and acetaminophen) can't be good.
By taking ibuprofen with food you very much reduce the risk of stomach ulcers. Be aware that many cold remedies and headache meds contain acetaminophen, so you'll want to be careful. :)

10 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Going with a trio SynthWave / NeoSynth songs from electronic artist Duett. Basically "80's music, but not from the 80's. The first track "Travel" could easily have been off one of the early 80's, Collins era Genesis albums IMO. It just has that sound to it. Hope you enjoy.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. Went ahead and took off work to rest up and get feeling better. Felt well enough this morning to return to work. Skipped shaving yesterday so today's was extra nice. Went with Stirling's "Candy Cane soap. Lovely peppermint, sugar & vanilla but I seem to also detect a hint of chocolate and cherry in there as well. Lovely scent! Excellent lather and three pass, DFS+ result. Finished with some Nancy Boy Signature balm and a spray of Creed "Himalaya" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Candy Cane" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 Noir SE Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Nancy Boy Signature After Shave Balm / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

IMG-7902.jpg

Yes! Faux 80s synth wave 😎👍

Hope you have a good day and some recoup time this weekend. Happy Friday Mark!

10 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Going with a trio SynthWave / NeoSynth songs from electronic artist Duett. Basically "80's music, but not from the 80's. The first track "Travel" could easily have been off one of the early 80's, Collins era Genesis albums IMO. It just has that sound to it. Hope you enjoy.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. Went ahead and took off work to rest up and get feeling better. Felt well enough this morning to return to work. Skipped shaving yesterday so today's was extra nice. Went with Stirling's "Candy Cane soap. Lovely peppermint, sugar & vanilla but I seem to also detect a hint of chocolate and cherry in there as well. Lovely scent! Excellent lather and three pass, DFS+ result. Finished with some Nancy Boy Signature balm and a spray of Creed "Himalaya" EdP.

Stirling Soap Co. "Candy Cane" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 Noir SE Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Nancy Boy Signature After Shave Balm / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

View attachment 69602
Wonderful shave! Oh, and Go Army!

13 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some Monday Music going for you this morning. Was channel surfing this weekend and stumbled upon MTV Classics channel showing "I Want My 80's" so the wife and I spent a couple of hours reminiscing and enjoying a blast from the past. One of the videos was by Depeche Mode from their 1987 album Music For The Masses. Had forgotten what a great album that was. So today I'm going to feature a couple of songs of the album. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Finally got around to using the MDC Original sample I ordered and was blown away by it! Fantastic soap! This is also one of the "veggie" soaps that would go toe-to-toe with the best tallow offerings out there. Had to break out my PAA travel scuttle because the sample container was too small to load directly to the brush. Used a small spoon to scoop an almond-sized amount and only used the scuttle until I worked the soap into the brush. Finished building the lather on my face. Voluminous lather, exceptionally slick and cushioning. Nice powdery lavender scent. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of Skin Bracer (+ skin food) and a spray of Tom Ford for Men EdT.

Martin De Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Mennen Skin Bracer After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford for Men EdT.

IMG-7919.jpg

Last edited:
13 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some Monday Music going for you this morning. Was channel surfing this weekend and stumbled upon MTV Classics channel showing "I Want My 80's" so the wife and I spent a couple of hours reminiscing and enjoying a blast from the past. One of the videos was by Depeche Mode from their 1987 album Music For The Masses. Had forgotten what a great album that was. So today I'm going to feature a couple of songs of the album. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Finally got around to using the MDC Original sample I ordered and was blown away by it! Fantastic soap! This is also one of the "veggie" soaps that would go toe-to-toe with the best tallow offerings out there. Had to break out my PAA travel scuttle because the sample container was too small to load directly to the brush. Used a small spoon to scoop an almond-sized amount and only used the scuttle until I worked the soap into the brush. Finished building the lather on my face. Voluminous lather, exceptionally slick and cushioning. Nice powdery lavender scent. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of Skin Bracer (+ skin food) and a spray of Tom Ford for Men EdT.

Martin De Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Mennen Skin Bracer After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford for Men EdT.

View attachment 69976
Classic 80s sounds! 😎 Awesome start to the week Mark!

Never tried the MdC - couldn't get past the price point. A friend lives in Paris, so I was going to ask her to pick up a tub for me, but when I learned it's not cheap there either, I dropped the notion.

14 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

For today's Morning Music segment I'll be revisiting one of the greatest groups ever IMHO. If you've never heard them I encourage you to check out their other material. It's fantastic! As always, Morning Music is brought to you by WMRK Internet Radio. All Hits - All The Time!

Wonderful shave this morning! Went with SV "Opuntia". Wonderful scent and the lather is exceptional! Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching after shave lotion and a spray of Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT.

Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. 2 Band Finest Badger / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" After Shave Lotion / Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT

IMG-7925a.jpg

Back