The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

3 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some tunes going for your Friday and wanted to give you some seasonal music to close out the workweek. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. It has literally been years since I last used "The Fat" and after seeing a post featuring it recently, I wanted to reacquaint myself with it. First thing though, I had to find it! Took some time but I eventually located it. The soap was very desiccated and shrunken with cracks along its circumference. I applied some water and it reconstituted a bit. Still, I had little hope and was expecting a less than desirable lather. To my surprise it worked very well! Three passes worth of lather and I finished with a splash of Floid Vigoroso and a spray of ETHOS "Succés" EdP. Great finish to the work week.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best Badger / PAA "Ascension" DOC / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Floid Vigoroso Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Succés" EdP.

View attachment 68915
The Fat bug is taking over TSC some! I ain’t doin it! 😂

Good shave Mark. Happy Friday!

6 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Rainy, gloomy day here so I thought I'd go with some Rainy Relaxing Jazz Music for you today. So sit back, grab a hot cup of your favorite beverage and chill out for a while.

Good shave this morning. Love the Stirling Noir scent and everyone knows what a great lather the Stirling soaps produce. Three passes and I finished with some Ginger's Garden "Drakkar Noir" aftershave splash and a spray of Drakkar Noir EdT.

Hope you're having a great Monday. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Noir" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Majesty" Synth / PAA "Ascension" DOC
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Ginger's Garden "Drakkar Noir" Aftershave Splash / Drakkar Noir EdT

IMG-7882.jpg

6 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Rainy, gloomy day here so I thought I'd go with some Rainy Relaxing Jazz Music for you today. So sit back, grab a hot cup of your favorite beverage and chill out for a while.

Good shave this morning. Love the Stirling Noir scent and everyone knows what a great lather the Stirling soaps produce. Three passes and I finished with some Ginger's Garden "Drakkar Noir" aftershave splash and a spray of Drakkar Noir EdT.

Hope you're having a great Monday. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Noir" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Majesty" Synth / PAA "Ascension" DOC
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Ginger's Garden "Drakkar Noir" Aftershave Splash / Drakkar Noir EdT

View attachment 69219
How can today be any thing but sunshine? Your team is in the playoffs

How can today be any thing but sunshine? Your team is in the playoffs
giphy.gif

7 December, 2021

Some laid-back, solo piano for your listening pleasure today. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. If you've never tried the MacDuffs soaps, you're doing yourself a great disservice. Their V4 base is one of the best I've used and the lather produced is exceptional. Used their "Bad Santa" soap and splash for today's shave and gotta say, it will be used well beyond the holiday season. It's that good! Sweet cured tobacco, cherry, oak, whisky and spices all combine for a wonderful scent. The matching splash is very soothing but is a bit tacky on dry-down. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Sweet Smoke" EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

MacDuffs soaps "Bad Santa" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. HMW Badger / RazoRock .68-P Game Changer / Gillette Platinum
Alum / MacDuffs soaps "Bad Santa" Aftershave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Sweet Smoke" EdP

IMG-7888.jpg

7 December, 2021

Fantastic shave this morning. If you've never tried the MacDuffs soaps, you're doing yourself a great disservice. Their V4 base is one of the best I've used and the lather produced is exceptional. Used their "Bad Santa" soap and splash for today's shave and gotta say, it will be used well beyond the holiday season. It's that good! Sweet cured tobacco, cherry, oak, whisky and spices all combine for a wonderful scent. The matching splash is very soothing but is a bit tacky on dry-down. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Sweet Smoke" EdP. Wonderful!

MacDuffs soaps "Bad Santa" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. HMW Badger / RazoRock .68-P Game Changer / Gillette Platinum
Alum / MacDuffs soaps "Bad Santa" Aftershave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Sweet Smoke" EdP

View attachment 69308
That AS packs quite a punch. I put a little on the back of my hand after I got it in the mail - just to try it out - and I could smell it even with my hand down and it lasted quite a bit. Very nice tobacco & boozy scent!

That AS packs quite a punch. I put a little on the back of my hand after I got it in the mail - just to try it out - and I could smell it even with my hand down and it lasted quite a bit. Very nice tobacco & boozy scent!
Yeah, you're definitely going to announce yourself after use. Thinking next time I use it I may add a little unscented witch hazel to it.

7 December, 2021

View attachment 69308
Nice shave set find! That sound really good! 😍👍

8 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a batter evening that I..

But let's get some music going this morning. Not feeling all that great today so I want something easy.. Hope you enjoy.

As I said, rough night. First, Crystal (my wife) has been sick since Saturday. Not COVID thankfully but I feel as if I may be getting it now. I can tell when I'm getting sick. I get a weird sensation on my skin. Almost as if my nerve endings are getting extra sensitive. I'm also getting some congestion in my sinuses. Added to all that, early this morning I had one of the worst leg cramps ever. These are a common occurrence when I receive lumbar injection. Don't know why and neither does my doctor. He claims he's never heard anyone else mention the problem. So about 4 am this thing hits, from my calf muscle all the way up my inner thigh. I could even feel it in the knee joint. I half crawled, half fell out of bed and after about 20 minuted of stretching and walking, it subsided. By that time I was wide awake and didn't return to bed.

BUT....

A good shave and hot cups of coffee helped. Made it into work but don't know if I'll make it til 5.

CBL Soaps "Oud Mineral" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / CBL Soaps "Oud Mineral" After Shave Tonic / Alexandria Fragrances "Aromatic Conflict" EdP

IMG-7894.jpg

Hope the illness is just a minor setback and that it passes soon. I had a stomach virus last week as well as my wife a couple days later. It knocked us out...but it was a pretty quick duration. Cramps are the worse! Especially if they are severe.

But like you said...the shave looks awesome. I like that Oud Mineral scent and CBL's soap base with hemp oil is the absolute best in my opinion.

Hope the rest of the day is better than last night. Have a good one.

Hope the illness is just a minor setback and that it passes soon. I had a stomach virus last week as well as my wife a couple days later. It knocked us out...but it was a pretty quick duration. Cramps are the worse! Especially if they are severe.

But like you said...the shave looks awesome. I like that Oud Mineral scent and CBL's soap base with hemp oil is the absolute best in my opinion.

Hope the rest of the day is better than last night. Have a good one.
Thanks Don. :)

Back