The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

As far so you know those lights I started putting up last night are to honor your birthday!
giphy.gif

2 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get some tunes going this morning. Today I'm featuring a couple from fretless bass monster Mark Egan. A lot of bassists cite Jaco as their inspiration for picking up a fretless. For me it was Egan along with Shadowfax bassist Phil Maggini. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today. "Nightman" from Declaration Grooming is a nice lime/boozy/citrus/wood scented soap that IMO works as well in the cooler months as in the summer. Fantastic lather from the Milksteak base. Three passes and a DFS+ was the result. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Tom Ford for Men EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Declaration Grooming "Nightman" Shave Soap / YAQI "Mysterious Space" Synth / PAA "Ascension" DOC / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Declaration Grooming "Nightman" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford for Men EdT

IMG-7841.jpg

Last edited:
2 December, 2021

Let's get some tunes going this morning. Today I'm featuring a couple from fretless bass monster Mark Egan. A lot of bassists cite Jaco as their inspiration for picking up a fretless. For me it was Egan along with Shadowfax bassist Phil Maggini. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today. "Nightman" from Declaration Grooming is a nice lime/boozy/citrus/wood scented soap that IMO works as well in the cooler months as in the summer. Fantastic lather from the Milksteak base. Three passes and a DFS+ was the result. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Tom Ford for Men EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Declaration Grooming "Nightman" Shave Soap / YAQI "Mysterious Space" Synth / PAA "Ascension" DOC / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Declaration Grooming "Nightman" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Tom Ford for Men EdT

View attachment 68815
Very nice Mark! I don’t think I’ve tried the TF for Men…how is that?
G58

Very nice Mark! I don’t think I’ve tried the TF for Men…how is that?
G58
Big citrus blast in the opening. As it dries down, pepper and cedar really stand out to me along with some leather. It's nice! Not a silage or projection monster but it's a very "mature" and balanced cologne. IMO it's a year round frag.

3 December, 2021

Getting some tunes going for your Friday and wanted to give you some seasonal music to close out the workweek. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. It has literally been years since I last used "The Fat" and after seeing a post featuring it recently, I wanted to reacquaint myself with it. First thing though, I had to find it! Took some time but I eventually located it. The soap was very desiccated and shrunken with cracks along its circumference. I applied some water and it reconstituted a bit. Still, I had little hope and was expecting a less than desirable lather. To my surprise it worked very well! Three passes worth of lather and I finished with a splash of Floid Vigoroso and a spray of ETHOS "Succés" EdP. Great finish to the work week.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best Badger / PAA "Ascension" DOC / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Floid Vigoroso Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Succés" EdP.

IMG-7851.jpg

Back