The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

14 January, 2020

**YAWN**

Slow-going this morning after staying up and watching the game last night. Worth it though. That was a helluva game!!

Fantastic shave this morning. The PAA products continue to blow me away! Great scents, and greater performance. Today was a toss-up between CaD and Cold Spices and CaD won today. I'll use the other tomorrow. ;)

IMG-2751.jpg

PAA "The Cube" v2.0 Preshave
PAA "CaD" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mountain White Badger Brush
1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Nacet Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
PAA "CaD"Aftershave Splash

YSL "Rive Gauche Pour Homme"

I had an aftershave sample of CaD couple years back, but can't remember what I thought of it lol. Rive Gauche, very nice.

15 January, 2020

Good morning everyone! Nice taste of Spring here today! Highs in the low 70's!! Have a great day, Cadre!!

IMG-2758.jpg

PAA "The Cube" v2.0 Preshave
PAA "Cold Spices" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mountain White Brush
1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Nacet Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
PAA "Cold Spices" Splash

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" EdT

16 January, 2020

Good morning all. Hope everyone had a pleasant night. :)

Today is new soap day. West Coast Shaving had the RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore on sale so I grabbed a jar. Nice soap. Not much scent but performance was good. Nice menthol kick. Not overboard but you can tell it's there. Finished with the Floid aftershave. Gotta say I was very disappointed when I tried it. I had a bottle of the original Floid and this stuff is a mere shadow of it. Weak scent, weak menthol....

Also used the Paco Rabanne "1 Million" today. Great scent. I haven't yet decided if it's "old man" enough for me. :unsure:

Have a great day everyone!

IMG-2761.jpg

RazoRock Charcoal & Lime Preshave Soap
RazoRock "Santa Maria Del Fiore" Shave soap
Stirling Soap Co. Brush
1961 Gillette Fatboy
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
Floid

Paco Rabanne "! Million" EdT

Also used the Paco Rabanne "1 Million" today. Great scent. I haven't yet decided if it's "old man" enough for me. :unsure:
Haven’t tried the real thing yet, but I have a clone. Almost unisex, but otherwise I get a nice, sweet freshness. Probably could be seen as youthful I guess.

Haven’t tried the real thing yet, but I have a clone. Almost unisex, but otherwise I get a nice, sweet freshness. Probably could be seen as youthful I guess.
I really like the scent. Very citrus forward especially in the opening. Not something I could wear everyday but once in a while it would be a nice change-up.

Santa Maria Del Fiore is pretty good. The aftershave has more scent strength than the soap, and also has a decent menthol kick.

17 January, 2020

Off work today. Had some time to use or lose so I thought I'd treat myself to a three-day weekend. Hope everyone has a great day!!

IMG-2768.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube Charcoal & Lime
CBL Tonsorial "Bergamot & Lemon" Soap
Tech Hive Synthetic Brush
1970 Gillette Super Adjustable
Voskhod Blade
Alum
PAA's Unscented Star Jelly
Stirling Soap Co. "Lime" Splash

Pinaud "Citrus Musk" EdC

20 January, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you had a great weekend. Single digit wind chills this morning. Looking forward to Spring! Went with the CBL "V For Vetiver" this morning. Great performance, slip and cushion. The only thing that would make it better would be a stronger scent. Loving the new Gillette Super but boy is it an aggressive razor. Also I think I've found my new favorite blade with the Gillette Silver Blues. No Avon bottle in the pic because the decanter is in the shape of a flintlock pistol and difficult to arrange with the other items. Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG-2781.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube - Charcoal & Lime
CBL Tonsorial "V For Vetiver" Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mtn. White Badger Brush
1970 Gillette Super Adjustable
Gillette Silver Blue Blade
Alum
PAA's Unscented Star Jelly
Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" Splash

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Back