The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I read most of his books and admired him as a writer, a musician, and a guy who was about as nice as possible. My heart aches for his family.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jan. 11, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Sipping coffee and keeping an eye on the weather. We're currently under a tornado watch. January tornadoes are rare but not unheard of in my area. I've always been fascinated with weather. To do it all over again I'd go for a career in either Meteorology or Astronomy.. Some kind of science definitely.

Fantastic shave this morning! The Duck Fat soaps from West Coast Shaving are some of the best I've used and the scent of their "Fougere" soap is fantastic. Great complement to the Brut aftershave and English Fern Edt. Have a great day everyone!

IMG-2728.jpg

IMG-2731.jpg

PAA "The Cube" v2.0 Preshave Soap
West Coast Shaving "Fougere" Duck Fat Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mountain White Badger Brush
1961 Gillette Fatboy
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
Brush Aftershave

Penhaligon's "English Fern" EdT

Rain, rain go away and take the spinny things with you! Hope all ends well.

Having a traditional Puerto Rican dinner tonight. Arroz con gandules (Puerto Rican yellow rice with Pigeon Peas) and pasteles (like a Puerto Rican tamale but made with ground plantain and yucca root instead of corn masa also minced pork). My dad’s from Ponce, Puerto Rico so it’s always been a part of my life. The rice can be finicky but it’s worth the extra work. 😉

Last edited:
12 Jan. 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope everyone is having a great day!

IMG-2734.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube - Charcoal & Lime
CBL Tonsorial "Fresh Lime"
Techichi Tech Hive Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
1961 Gillette Fatboy
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

Old Spice "Fresh Lime" Aftershave
Parfums de Nicolai "Cologne Cedrat" EdC

Parfums de Nicolai has some really amazing scents. I’d never heard of them before last year.

Parfums de Nicolai has some really amazing scents. I’d never heard of them before last year.
Yes they do! In addition to the Cologne Cedrat I also have “New York” and “Patchouli Intense”. New York is my favorite. Very similar to Creed’s “Bois du Portugal”.

13 January, 2020

Happy Monday everyone. I know, that's an oxymoron. But it is Championship Game day! All I can say is GEAUX TIGERS!!!

IMG-2743.jpg

IMG-2745.jpg

PAA "The Cube" v2.0 Preshave
Stirling Soap Co. "Mountain Man" Shave Soap
Stirling Soap Co. 24mm Finest Badger Brush
1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Nacet Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
Stirling Soap Co. "Mountain Man" Afteshave

Creed "Silver Mountain Water" EdP

Back