The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Longhaultanker Videos

This posted up overnight in Fort Stockton, TX. Signal so much better here. Socked in this morning with thick fog. Dragging my feet to depart. I’ll be to the yard tonight and home in the morning. Next shave tonight from drivers’ lounge. A big story to tell with captured video. Enjoy.

An accident on the road can happen in an instant with tragic and catastrophic consequences. Stay sharp. Be constantly aware of your surroundings. Allow for plenty of room. Watch the weather and drive safely to the conditions. I’m convinced what I witnessed on Saturday was completely avoidable, but such devastating results. Distracted driving is a “killer.”

On the more pleasant side, I had a great shave. Enjoy.

I know it’s long, but I’m having so much fun. The tooth is gone and I’m feeling okay. It’s been about six hours gone. Two pills and one glass of whisky later. Enjoy.

Baseball has its perfect game. It’s rare, not many have done it. Going 697 miles, finding an open parking space, getting safely parked, and leaving one minute on the DOT HOS eleven hour drive clock is about as perfect as a truck driver can hope to get. So was the leg from Van Horne, Texas to Quartzsite, Arizona on Saturday. The only thing that made this day more “perfect” was the straight razor shave that followed. Enjoy.

HOS = Hours of Service.

A long day that started in Patterson, California at 0130, through Los Angeles to get washed out, and ended in San Diego, ready for tomorrow’s load time. Brother, I’m tired. Oh, the shave is from yesterday when I stopped in Patterson. Enjoy.

I failed to copy my shave from Benson, Arizona. Here it is. I got loaded in San Diego Thursday morning and made it to Benson by 20:00. All went smoothly and had a late evening shave. I’ve since made it home and only this morning found it failed to post here. This morning is Christmas Day. I hope everyone here at TSC has a Merry Christmas and many happy, luxurious shaves.

So we’re at home, my wife and I, enjoying the holidays and time off. Refreshed 3 razors so far; one success, on fail, and one still untested. This the third shave using Mitchell’s Wool Fat soap with additional commentary. MWF is truly an excellent soap making a bounty of lather. Enjoy.

This shave and the precious are among the very best I’ve ever had. I’ll let the videos tell you the details. Today was a short 3.5 hour drive day. I’m set up at a TA truck stop in Lamar, PA just 15 minutes from delivery. A rainy day, but a good day. Enjoy.

This is from Friday night. I got home Saturday morning and it’s been busy since, with long breaks of rest. Anyways, here it is. I’m workin on a honing video too. Maybe later today. Enjoy.

From the hone to the shave. The Zulu Grey hone is the subject of the video, but what it delivers is in the next video… and it’s an OMG moment. Enjoy.

Back