The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Longhaultanker Videos

Longhaultanker

Sr. Shave Member
By request of management, I’m moving my video journal to this forum. Something about bandwidth. I know next to nothing about technical stuff except from a consumer or user perspective. Anyway, on with the show….

Not surprisingly I did get dispatched for my next load. Hook a preloaded trailer noon tomorrow for delivery Monday in Bakersfield, CA.

Today’s video stars a magnificent specimen of a vintage Taylor Eye Witness razor in mint condition. Earlier research showed me, and confirmed again today, said company stopped making straight razors in 1925. Finished honed on a Coticule, the shave was great.

Also of great joy is the ordering of the Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian Badger brush yesterday. More on that in the video..

Enjoy….

Nice shave! You’ve not only taken the throne from @GearNoir, you’ve ripped it right out from underneath him. What am I referring to? Well, Chris used to be well known (and good heartedly mocked) for having the longest shave videos on The Cadre. But you sir, are now king!

Also, I’d always heard that marine grade epoxy was different in that it had UV resistive properties to keep it from shrinking or breaking down in the sun, which is a non issue for our shaving brushes.

Thanks fellas for the comments. Traveling westbound I-10 near Balmorhea Texas. Stopped at 8:00 pm last night. Shower, shave. Back in truck about 10:30 ish. Dinner and preparing video and uploading. Lights out about 03:20. Up at 07:00. Rough night. At least today’s not a killer.

As to long videos… and? 🤣 I like what Bill M said, run it at 1.25 speed.

Thanks fellow wet shavers.

Today ended with 550 miles in the desert New Mexico town famed by John Wayne’s breakout movie Stagecoach… Lordsburg. I’ve got 750 miles, 12 hours to destination, and two and a half days to get there. Easy peasy. And lots of time to catch up on some needed sleep. No shave tonight. I just don’t need one from C-Mon’s superb shave last night. So much the better for tomorrow night’s with 48+ hours to mow down. Tomorrow I’ll feature another vintage in mint condition. For the rest of tonight I’ll eat dinner and lurk around here.

Back