The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

done goofed by not bringing my solesoap.
Do @Dave in KY beat you in the 3017.
  • Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R5
  • Blade: Same Wizamet
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Sebum Purple
  • Frag: Tom. Ford. Tobacco. Oud.
  • Music: Hellions - Rue
I just got back from lunch and adventures with one of my coworkers. We tried out a new burger joint down the road. It's was pretty good, not the best but I didn't leave feeling that I didn't get my moneys worth. We helped his stepbrother real quick. Then we got some pan dulce (sweet bread). And I introduced him to my barber. My barber still thinks my name is John, but that doesn't matter.

The oops that happened yesterday doesn't matter anymore because I'm back with the solesoaping. I still haven't bloomed my soap and it's still not a problem. Surely I'm missing something. This blade doesn't feel like it used to feel, but it doesn't feel dead. I'll give this thing another shave or two to see if that was just an off shave. I used Sebum Purple so I could reassess what I said in KJ's post shave elixir thread, and I stick by it. This stuff isn't worth the cost. It's nice, but it's not definitely not worth the price. But my absolute most favorite part of my day so far is Tobacco Oud. Son of a gun this stuff is amazing. I'm definitely saving up for a full bottle. I need this in my life for the rest of my life.

View attachment 14613

The lotus in my mouth has been dictating every move I make. Just human, I'm afraid.

I'm gonna warm up some of this pan dulce and go to town! Might even take a nap because I can because I've met all of my educational requirements for the foreseeable future. This is great. I hope everybody is having a beautiful day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.
Being called John is a high complement.
That's johntheduck to you, buckaroo!
Nothing wrong with Monkeys.

Speaking of cooking. This is always on the counter at both stations. And before you even think about it, no we don't put it in our coffee. @dangerousdon knows what's up.

View attachment 14492
I most certainly do! Tony's is a fixed condiment in our neck of the woods! Almost every household has the stuff and a lot of restaurants do to!

I sent a can to Chad @Cvargo a while back. Before he could ask how to use it...he decided to turn it into a rub for some steaks. I'm not sure he likes the stuff anymore! 🤪

I sent a can to Chad @Cvargo a while back. Before he could ask how to use it...he decided to turn it into a rub for some steaks. I'm not sure he likes the stuff anymore! 🤪

That was not good lol. BUT I use it on my eggs all the time! In fact it's almost gone, but I can't find it here.

Also as weird as it may seem.... It's delicious.on watermelon

That was not good lol. BUT I use it on my eggs all the time! In fact it's almost gone, but I can't find it here.

Actually, it's not weird at all. There are a lot of people who like doing that. I'm not a big popcorn eater, but my wife loves it on popcorn!

As far as being almost out...don't worry...I got you!

I most certainly do! Tony's is a fixed condiment in our neck of the woods! Almost every household has the stuff and a lot of restaurants do to!

I don't have any at home because it's not at all something I grew up using, but it's all the rage at work. I'll look up some recipes to use it with so I can introduce Venessa to greatness.

I can see it being good on watermelon. But what was going through your head when you thought of that? :ROFLMAO:

• Razor: Rockwell 6S, R5
  • Blade: Supermax Platinum
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb
  • Frag: Tom Ford Costa Azzurra Acqua
  • Music: Polyphia - New Levels New Devils
It's been an adventure of a day. The cats woke me up early and I proceeded to ignore them and go back to sleep. Got up, showered, shaved, and out the door to go parts picking work my coworker. It was almost a failed mission, but we found what we needed. We had lunch at a well known....uhhhhhh...urban....Chinese joint. Timmy Chan. Great stuff, but the restaurants are kind of in sketchy areas.

@Graybeard57 sent along two tucks of these blades when I bought his Sheraton. I think I'm in love with these things. They feel pretty close to Wizamets on the first use, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. BBS-. I can't say I like this frag. I had a feeling I wouldn't, but I would've never known if I didn't try.

Look, a bear! Oh man, there was a picture here, but it got got!

It felt like a good guitar music day.

In the time I spent typing this up, which has taken all day, I have volunteered to work tomorrow. We're expecting some really bad weather and the boss wants to have adequate staffing just in case. Also, just got back from cigars with my coworker; he had his first ever. He liked it. He suggested a biweekly visit to the lounge we went to, but I think we might need to do it bimonthly. We'll figure that out. Anyway, I gotta to finish my fried rice. I hope everybody had a great day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

• Razor: Kama 6/8, rescaled by @uacowboy, Rockwell 6S, R5
  • Blade: Supermax Platinum
  • Brush: WWB Arctic
  • Frag: D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop
  • Music: Bayside - Interrobang
Well. I'm at work for OT. We're all ramped up for a whole lot of wind and rain that may or may not happen. Easy money. My partner for the night is enthusiastic and has always wanted to work me so that I can teach her things. It grounds me a little knowing that there are people out there that value what little knowledge and experience I have to share.

I decided a couple of things for today's shave. 1. Straight razor time! 2. Blooming the puck. The Kama got the nod as @MilkCrate would say. I bloomed the puck while I was in the shower. So for science, I will be using this brush tomorrow and not blooming it. There's really no qualitative way to measure how different tomorrow might be so there's not a lot of science to do. But today, compared to yesterday, I honestly don't think there's a lot of difference in the ease of lathering or volume of lather. Really, I didn't notice any difference. I also definitely over-shaved. Two passes with the Kama left a bit to be desired so I did L, R, and ATG with the 6S. Over-shaving didn't really bother me as much as it usually does. I'm proper BBS+. I think I might kill this Sebum Purple while I'm solesoaping otherwise it'll just sit there being unused.

IMG_20200110_165717.jpg

I haven't given this album much of a listen since it was released. Good stuff so far.

I'm off to do whatever is asked of me. The weather shouldn't get too bad until midnight or so, but I'm prepared for everything...mentally. It's gonna be a good night, and I'll only be working first half tomorrow. I hope you're all having a great evening. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back