The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Listen! You don’t know me! I’m usually like 115%! Now give me a ride to the hospital! And can we stop at 7-11 on the way?
I would've welcomed a pit stop, I needed to pee. This hydration stuff kinda sucks sometimes.

Nice choice with the TBS. I’m more of a Tell All Your Friends guy, but I can appreciate!
I think just about everybody our age prefers TAYF, but I definitely got into every album except their self-titled, which was super underwhelming considering it was their first album back with the originalish lineup.

Social anxiety is rough. I’ve dealt with it on and off for years, and skipped a lot of outings because of it. I saw episode 9 today, and loved it. You’re more than welcome to PM any time you want to talk.

Social anxiety is rough. I’ve dealt with it on and off for years, and skipped a lot of outings because of it. I saw episode 9 today, and loved it. You’re more than welcome to PM any time you want to talk.
Thanks Eric. Someday I'll be A-ok.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R3
  • Blade: Same Wizamet
  • Brush: WW, 25mm plush
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Talbot Shaving Cole's Pond
  • Frag: Versace Eros
  • Music: Jocko Podcast
Well, as you can see before you........so to speak, I survived the shift. Thank you for all the thoughts and offers to hear out my frustrations. In the grand scheme of things, I'm alright, I just need to learn how to let some things go which will alleviate a lot of my anxiety probably hopefully. :ROFLMAO: I'll tell you that being done with school and testing has relieved a lot of anxiety, so there's progress. I'd like to extend an offer to hear all you guys out if you need somebody to talk to, I've always been better at listening than talking.

Day whatever of 3017ing or solesoaping if you will. The more I use solesoaping the more I like it, @HMan. I did a single pass with the R3 to get some of the growth down. Nice and easy. I ultimately put on some Versace Eros.

MVIMG_20200105_164247.jpg

@dangerousdon told me about this podcast as a recommendation for leadership stuff. The first episode I listened to was kinda traumatic because Dakota Meyer was talking about probably the worst time in his life. I was not prepared to hear the pain in his voice. But it's encouragement to talk about the bad stuff I see and feel because of my job. Maybe not exactly leadership stuff in the episode but it definitely applied to me.

Man this entry is all kinds of feelings out. Oops. :ROFLMAO: I doubt anybody minds that nonsense, though. Venessa treated me to a BBQ joint that's in the city I work in; she was bummed that we missed the department Christmas party that was there and has been craving BBQ. I'm off to read a little before bed. Oh yeah, I'll be doing a wildland exercise on Tuesday at work, which should be fun. Now I'm off to read. I appreciate all the support and love. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I’m glad to see you survived your shift. As for the rest, we’re here for you, so vent all you like. Good luck on Tuesday!

Versace Eros.(y)

Great looking brush!
No you!

I’m glad to see you survived your shift. As for the rest, we’re here for you, so vent all you like. Good luck on Tuesday!

Versace Eros.(y)
It's really not difficult to do that, but I put a lot of pressure on myself to be the better than the least that's expected of me and expect everybody to follow suit. To my surprise every shift, only one person follows suit so I'm left disappointed and sharing the weight of a city with one other person. Shirley, I'm crazy, right?

Back