The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Jectah
  • Blade: Chinese Schick
  • Brush: HCS Merit
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Sebum Purple
  • Frag: Mercedes-Benz Man Grey
  • Music: Bayside - Sirens and Condolences
Day two of three, and my first as a practicing paramedic. I passed my protocol exam with super flying colors with little effort. And I have a student. How about that for a first day practicing. I slept most of yesterday because I was exhausted. I'm still tired, but I get to go home early today. It's gonna be a great day. Wow. I started typing this up first thing in the morning and I just got home. I only had one call, my first call as a paramedic, and it was the dumbest thing ever, but it was good practice.

I can't wrap my head around this knot. It's super dense, and has all the gel tips in the world but it's so dang stiff and not working as well as it probably should. Maybe I need to keep breaking it in? I also had a little problem with this blade; it wasn't as smooth and kinda sucked. DFS, but at what cost? Finished up with Mercedes to get the day going right.

Picture.

Throwback to high school. This was the height of "emo," and I hate that term. All music is emotional. I'll stop myself before I go on a rant.

Venessa made nachos for dinner, so I'm off to enjoy my evening with my wonderful wife. Being off this evening is making up for not being able to go home last shift. All is right in the world. I hope you all had a great day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Yeah, Bayside... another one I used to listen to (and still do from time to time), particularly this song. Enjoy your evening man!

Dang, from padawan to master in a day! 😎

Nachos sounds like an excellent dinner. Rest well man!

Yeah, Bayside... another one I used to listen to (and still do from time to time), particularly this song. Enjoy your evening man!
Check out their latest album, I think you might like it. Interrobang.

Have a good chill evening Ben
It was indeed good and chill. Thanks, Dave.

Dinner and a relaxing night at home. Life is good!
Life is always good, my fellow Texan.

Dang, from padawan to master in a day! 😎

Nachos sounds like an excellent dinner. Rest well man!
Lol. Depending on who you ask I've been a master for a couple of years. There are paramedics at my department that come to me when they're not sure what was going on during their call, or my opinion on their treatments. I'm still not sure why they do that, though. :ROFLMAO:

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R5
  • Blade: Supermax Platinum (4)
  • Brush: Wild West Brushworks Pirate
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Sebum Purple
  • Frag: Tom Ford Tobacco Oud
  • Music: Matchbook Romance - Voices
I started typing this up first thing in the morning and I'm just now able to sit down and get it going again. This is my first full shift doing my thang and the first call of the day was a real banger. Nothing scares you quite like hearing the words, "unconscious." Got the problem fixed, though. Everything is going well so far. It'll take me a few more days to settle into this added scope of practice.

Solesoaping continues. I'm digging this blade. I've been meaning to set a knot in this handle for months then I realized that I had one that I got on AliExpress. I like it so far, super soft. I think it's a DS Cosmetic. DFS++. I just had to grab for Tobacco Oud.

PSX_20200115_051822.jpg

Good music.

I gotta get back to work on these reports. Interview tomorrow for the part time. Hopefully I don't look dead when I walk in. I hope everybody had a great hump day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back