The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I’m with Emma...I’d be pretty traumatized too!

Have a great New Years Eve Ben! Hope you don’t have to work tonight. I can’t imagine the stupidity that runs rampant on New Years Eve/Day.

I’m with Emma...I’d be pretty traumatized too!

Have a great New Years Eve Ben! Hope you don’t have to work tonight. I can’t imagine the stupidity that runs rampant on New Years Eve/Day.
You too, Chris. I'm not working tonight or tomorrow. I think you'd be surprised to know that nothing really ever happens on holidays, it's always a random day when all hell breaks loose, like April 17th at 2:51pm or something. :ROFLMAO:

Ya know if you were having a good day and took a nap. Woke up with your belly stitched shut and you were missing your bits, you might feel traumatized too. Just sayin’
I'll have both of you know that she's awake and out from under the bed. She did not eat my face off, so I think we're good.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Merkur 37
  • Blade: The Wizamet from the Rockwell
  • Brush: Easter
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chilly Clubman
  • Frag: Burning Barbershop
  • Music: Save Face - Merci
It's Monday! I'm back for the first shift of the year. The dufus and old man are back from their vacation and I'm already miserable. At least the young one has shown some initiative this morning, let's see if the trend continues. The new year was insignificant for me, Venessa did her superstitious stuff while I was just being normostitious. Emma is recovering nicely and is pretty much back to normal.

We're starting the 3017 of CBL Tonsorial Balsamic Oud today because I skipped yesterday's shave. I hadn't used the 37 in a while and now I kinda remember why. The first three passes were incredible, smooth and easy. The last half pass left a lot to be desired. But I'm okay with it. I tried. A few glugs of Chilly Clubman were covered up by Burning Barbershop. Man, I smell great.

PSX_20200102_091714.jpg

I rediscovered Save Face. Good tunes to get the year started.

I'm doing wildland firefighting stuff while we await the first call of the day. It's gonna be a good one. I think that's about it for today. Oh yeah, I started reading Call Sign Chaos last night and I feel like I've learned a bit about Mattis' brand of leadership so far; I'm on Chapter 3. Now I'm done. I wish you all a great whatever day it is. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

I'm doing wildland firefighting stuff while we await the first call of the day.
Is the next step working your way to being a Hot Shot? That's some manly man stuff up there with forging, mammoth painting and nursing!

I was going to laugh at your spelling of doofus, but figured I should check to make sure I haven’t been getting it wrong all these years. Turns out it has a dual spelling. You really do learn something new every day. :p

I was going to laugh at your spelling of doofus, but figured I should check to make sure I haven’t been getting it wrong all these years. Turns out it has a dual spelling. You really do learn something new every day. :p
I was thinking about that too, but I figured that I would own being pwned if that were the case. I guess I learned something too. :ROFLMAO:

Heh, I did that this year with "anyway". I keep hearing people saying "anyways" and was just about to post how that just ain't right. Looked it up and apparently "anyways" is apparently an informal version of the word and I just need to deal with it ;)
-------------------------
...That settled, let’s go on to anyways. It means the same thing as anyway If you search for it in a dictionary, you will likely find it. Next to the entry, though, you will see a designation of nonstandard, colloquial, or archaic. Merriam-Webster identifies anyways as an archaic corruption of anywise, an expression meaning “in any way whatsoever.” In Old and Middle English, it was quite common to end adverbs in -s. We still have always and unawares. British English retains the -s in towards. So anyways isn’t too farfetched.

Still, anyways is generally accepted only in colloquial speech or informal writing. It is synonymous with anyway, or it can mean “to any degree at all.” In a 2009 New York Times article, journalist Clyde Haberman used anyways. He also used expressions such as “come on,” “no ways,” and “Go ahead, make my day.” It’s apparent that his intent was to sound informal.

I never did understand numbers very well. Anyways , I’ve decided to move from financing into tech support.

If you want to avoid debate or write in a formal tone, use the standard anyway. But if you don’t mind sounding informal, or if you are aiming for a down-to-earth tone like Clyde Haberman’s, it’s okay to use anyways. It is a word—a nonstandard, colloquial, informal word—that some people won’t like to see. You can’t please everyone all the time anyways, can you?

Heh, I did that this year with "anyway". I keep hearing people saying "anyways" and was just about to post how that just ain't right. Looked it up and apparently "anyways" is apparently an informal version of the word and I just need to deal with it ;)
...That settled, let’s go on to anyways. It means the same thing as anyway If you search for it in a dictionary, you will likely find it. Next to the entry, though, you will see a designation of nonstandard, colloquial, or archaic. Merriam-Webster identifies anyways as an archaic corruption of anywise, an expression meaning “in any way whatsoever.” In Old and Middle English, it was quite common to end adverbs in -s. We still have always and unawares. British English retains the -s in towards. So anyways isn’t too farfetched.

Still, anyways is generally accepted only in colloquial speech or informal writing. It is synonymous with anyway, or it can mean “to any degree at all.” In a 2009 New York Times article, journalist Clyde Haberman used anyways. He also used expressions such as “come on,” “no ways,” and “Go ahead, make my day.” It’s apparent that his intent was to sound informal.

I never did understand numbers very well. Anyways , I’ve decided to move from financing into tech support.

If you want to avoid debate or write in a formal tone, use the standard anyway. But if you don’t mind sounding informal, or if you are aiming for a down-to-earth tone like Clyde Haberman’s, it’s okay to use anyways. It is a word—a nonstandard, colloquial, informal word—that some people won’t like to see. You can’t please everyone all the time anyways, can you?
Learning more than one thing a day is just overdoing it, sir. I have bookmarked your post and will peruse it tomorrow, when learning is appropriate.

Is there anyways I can get you to stop??? :ROFLMAO: That was actually super informative. I had never considered them as somewhat interchangeable. I feel like I've learnt something today.

Is there anyways I can get you to stop??? :ROFLMAO: That was actually super informative. I had never considered them as somewhat interchangeable. I feel like I've learnt something today.
I've always said you're smarter than you look!

:ROFLMAO: something like that. Some guys at local departments got sent to Cali to help out the last couple of years. So there's a chance you could see me around your neck of the woods kinda.
Hope notice practicality’s sake, but it seems to be an ongoing summer trend...at the same time it would be cool!

Back