The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Nice set up. I dig Behold the Whatsis.

Thanks, Eric. It's not a love scent, but I can definitely appreciate it. Venessa loves it and she bought it for me after I wouldn't shut up about it. Lol. I've been thinking about those pomades. Are they any good?

I’ve never been a huge hair product guy, but I’ve found it to be pretty good. You can rework your hair as long as it’s in, which I’d convenient.
The Holy Black added some matte texture powder to my last order, and I’m curious to give it a try, but keep forgetting I have it.

Nice set up. I dig Behold the Whatsis.

I’ve never been a huge hair product guy, but I’ve found it to be pretty good. You can rework your hair as long as it’s in, which I’d convenient.
The Holy Black added some matte texture powder to my last order, and I’m curious to give it a try, but keep forgetting I have it.
It's definitely a novelty scent, but I enjoy it.

I'll buy a tub of probably Cool if they still have any. Oddly enough I have a tub of Behold The Whatsis pomade that not a lot of people know about.

It's definitely a novelty scent, but I enjoy it.

I'll buy a tub of probably Cool if they still have any. Oddly enough I have a tub of Behold The Whatsis pomade that not a lot of people know about.

I just checked the pomade and it is in Cool scent. I didn’t know he made it in Behold the Whatsis. That would be interesting. The scent of Cool lasts pretty much all day when I use it. Is it the same with Behold the Whatsis?

I just checked the pomade and it is in Cool scent. I didn’t know he made it in Behold the Whatsis. That would be interesting. The scent of Cool lasts pretty much all day when I use it. Is it the same with Behold the Whatsis?
Behold The Whatsis pomade was made by another pomade artisan that lives in San Antonio. It's actually a great formula that oil based, but fairly easy to wash out. Brew City Grooming I think is the name of the business, but I haven't seen him too active in about 8 months. I haven't used that particular scent, but the Beaudelaire has some damn decent strength, along with all of his other stuff. Here's his Etsy page if you want to check out his stuff; I have Rolled Oud and it is to die for.

Behold The Whatsis pomade was made by another pomade artisan that lives in San Antonio. It's actually a great formula that oil based, but fairly easy to wash out. Brew City Grooming I think is the name of the business, but I haven't seen him too active in about 8 months. I haven't used that particular scent, but the Beaudelaire has some damn decent strength, along with all of his other stuff. Here's his Etsy page if you want to check out his stuff; I have Rolled Oud and it is to die for.
That page looks pretty cool. I’ll have to pick some up.

Hopefully you’ll have an easy day!

On SW, just watch the original 4-6. The preequels were crap. Oh ... and Han shot first!
Maclunkey!

but it just kinda feels like just another movie, not so much an experience.
I think Episode 9 did a lot to bring this back. It's by far the best movie of the latest trilogy. And if you haven't seen it.... The Mandalorean is great!

I think Episode 9 did a lot to bring this back. It's by far the best movie of the latest trilogy. And if you haven't seen it.... The Mandalorean is great!
I'll have to check out both of them and basically watch everything all over again because why not. That's for giving me hope!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Jectah
  • Blade: Proline maybe (???)
  • Brush: Merit
  • Soap: CBL Cut Tobacco
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chilly Clubman
  • Frag: none
  • Music: none
I'm hanging out with one of my coworkers and his wife...and their newborn baby girl. It's been an adventure of a day. I took Emma to get spayed, everything turned out fine. Lunch with another one of my coworkers. And now I'm here. It's been a great day so far.

I needed something quick so I grabbed the jectah and went to work. I have the slightest reaction to this particular soap, but it's always worth it because the scent is so amazing. DFS+ and I was off to run errands.

My watch ate my picture.

I don't remember what I was listening to this morning.

Venessa should be home soon so I'll be leaving the hospital in a few minutes and driving...like...a mile to my apartment. I hope your Monday back at work wasn't the worst. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick Dial
  • Blade: Chinese Schick, new
  • Brush: Shavemac tortoise shell
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Lime
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Bootleggers Arctic Lime
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Veil Of Maya - Matriarch
I'm still not entirely sure what day it is. Apparently the date is a bit of a big deal. 🤪 Emma is pretty traumatized so she'll be sleeping with us until she feels better; she's currently under our bed where she's been for the better part of 16 hours. There's some family stuff going on that I'll withhold. I wish I could make people's problems disappear.

This was part of the TSC Appreciation thread idea deal thing. Everything was an inspired purchase, straight up purchase, or a PIF. This might be the third time I've use the Dial. I think we all know how well the CBL premium line works. The knot on the brush is breaking in nicely and facilitated a nice shave. I wish I didn't have a lot of my mind while shaving, but it was nice and effortless. I finished up with a healthy amount of glugs of Arctic Lime. DFS.

PSX_20191231_104412.jpg

Matriarch is awesome. It's been out a while but I never gave it a fair listen. It's really grown on me. But it's not for the faint of heart, there's lot of screaming and dissonance.

You know what time it is! I have to recoup the few minutes of sleep that Venessa ruined by opening and closing every door in the apartment about 8,000 times while getting ready for work. I think I'll sleep on the floor next to Emma so she knows I'm there. I wish you all a phenomenal New Year, Cadre. I'll see you on the other side.

Back