The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Oh man, I can go on about this for hours. Lol
Nursing has similar issues and disparities, particularly with CRNPs. No two states are alike in what your license covers. We (nurses) are starting to coalesce around more independence, but not all NPs are equal and the AMA resists independence strongly, so it becomes a political fight. Underserved rural areas lose out.

Nursing has similar issues and disparities, particularly with CRNPs. No two states are alike in what your license covers. We (nurses) are starting to coalesce around more independence, but not all NPs are equal and the AMA resists independence strongly, so it becomes a political fight. Underserved rural areas lose out.
And that's what I hate most. The community shouldn't suffer because of a disagreement; they're only asking for help so let's help them. I know there's a lot more to it than that, but at the core, we're supposed to help people.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Proline (3)
  • Brush: Merit 99-4
  • Soap: Hawaiian Shaving Company Pepamina 'Alani
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Hawaiian Shaving Company Pepamina 'Alani
  • Frag: none
  • Music: PEARS - Green Star
I just got back from eating with friends. Mel, one of my former supervisor and I've of my best friends, is going to give me one of her old, busted up paramedic patches as a badge of honor. She's one hell of a mentor and friend, and I try to soak up as much as she has to offer because she's seen a lot of stuff in her time as a paramedic; good and bad. My other lunch companion, Luis, will be receiving a similar gesture from me once he's done with school. Hey look at that, I don't have anything negative to say today. Cool! Actually not being sarcastic, it just means that I'm learning that the negative stuff doesn't matter.

Same hardware. I've been holding back from using this set because I don't even know. It's a pleasant scent. I changed up today's routine by not almost running out of time. I loaded it like I hate it, and I got a much better result. Nice and fluffy lather. The knot is still getting broken in, but at least the lather didn't die on me. Usual 3.5 pass shave and everything was better. DFS FTW.

A wild picture had appeared!
IMG_20191218_110714.jpg

Just felt like a PEARS day.

It's time for a nap. I hope everybody is have a great hump day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Just got caught up. First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Secondly, I'm actually surprised at myself for being able to keep up with most of the conversation that followed. It has been a really long time since my EMT cert ran out.

Good read Ben! Receiving the old patch will be a pretty dang cool gift!
It really is. It's almost like passing the torch, but less...fiery. That gesture will be a thing of the past sooner than later because we're starting to get away from wearing patches and badges; I'm not crazy about how many times I've angrily been confused for a cop.

Good stuff Ben!
No, you! 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

Ben's Happy, Yay !!!
I'm always happy...and grumpy. I'm a complicated dude. Lol

Just got caught up. First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Secondly, I'm actually surprised at myself for being able to keep up with most of the conversation that followed. It has been a really long time since my EMT cert ran out.
Thanks, Shawn! I wouldn't be surprised. It's like riding a bike, but with medicine and really sharp objects. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah but I got my cert probably the year or the one before you were born. :LOL:
Then I let it run out due to moving to a different state and laws being different. So I haven't run on an ambulance since about 1991. That's a long time to not be on a bike.:ROFLMAO:
The lights still flash and sirens still wail. Sounds the same to me! 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

As for the national standard, or NREMT standards, I agree with most of them. The one thing that I'm not a huge fan of us going away from ET intubation. The numbers are showing that EMS as a whole isn't very good at intubating and very good at not recognizing it. I get it, but I'm competent enough to recognize my failures and activate a contingency.
If you can’t intubate it’s just BVM all the way to the hospital?
Depending on how the patient presents. If it's CPR and you can't drop a tube, there's no shame in a supraglottic airway...anymore. But I've had a patient that was circling the drain and all I had time to do was bag, didn't even get vitals. Get what you can and jet. I also have PAI with either Versed or Ketamine in my protocols if the situation requires it. We also carry Rocuronium and Etomidate for RSI, but I think we're starting to lean towards PAI due to better patient outcomes, specifically in trauma.

So I am guessing the whole pocket knife, bottle of whiskey, and a pen tube are out of the question?

Back