The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Proline, new
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: RazoRock
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Frag: Prada Carbon Luna Rossa
  • Music: Reel Big Fish - Life Sucks...Let's Dance
It's been a productive morning for this duck. I finally got around to turning in the marriage license, with 4 days to spare. I just got back from taking Emma to the vet to get her booster shot. And I'm about to watch a seminar on pediatric resuscitation at noon. Work was the usual frustration and nothing is worth mentioning further; it is what it is.

I hadn't used this soap in probably well over a year, so I figured why not. I don't want to say that it was a mistake to use this soap, but mistakes were made for sure. I loaded for what I felt was an appropriate amount of time, but I was clearly wrong. The lather straight died on me, both on my face and the brush. I can only assume that my brush was too big to load from the container. Other than that, the shave was uneventful. I opted for two passes and I'm presentable. SMDF and Burning Barbershop seem to pair quite well.

IMG_20191212_080105.jpg

I haven't been keeping up with Reel Big Fish at all in the past...15 years. But the song above is optimistic on a hardcore level, but more fun...depending on perspective. I'll have to go back and catch up. There are always a few NSFW songs on their albums, but that's not too much of an issue for me. Ska lives on.

I need a nap already. I kept snoozing my alarm this morning, about 20 times with 10 minutes between. I'll take a nap after the seminar, then do about 5 practice exams until Venessa gets home. I've passed the last 3 practice exams with flying colors in less than an hour, so I'm hoping that will translate to the real thing. I hope everybody is finishing off the week stronk! Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Edit: Something very different has happened in my life. @Majorrich and @NurseDave have each sent me Christmas cards. I think I've only gotten one Christmas card in my life prior, there's one more but I'm not counting it because he's an idiot. It's definitely a new experience for me. Although I think it might be a little late to send out some of my own, I think I can talk Venessa into doing a set next year with the SafetyDuckCats to share with our family and friends. So thank you Rich and Dave for learning me something new.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Proline, new
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: RazoRock
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Frag: Prada Carbon Luna Rossa
  • Music: Reel Big Fish - Life Sucks...Let's Dance
It's been a productive morning for this duck. I finally got around to turning in the marriage license, with 4 days to spare. I just got back from taking Emma to the vet to get her booster shot. And I'm about to watch a seminar on pediatric resuscitation at noon. Work was the usual frustration and nothing is worth mentioning further; it is what it is.

I hadn't used this soap in probably well over a year, so I figured why not. I don't want to say that it was a mistake to use this soap, but mistakes were made for sure. I loaded for what I felt was an appropriate amount of time, but I was clearly wrong. The lather straight died on me, both on my face and the brush. I can only assume that my brush was too big to load from the container. Other than that, the shave was uneventful. I opted for two passes and I'm presentable. SMDF and Burning Barbershop seem to pair quite well.

View attachment 13121

I haven't been keeping up with Reel Big Fish at all in the past...15 years. But the song above is optimistic on a hardcore level, but more fun...depending on perspective. I'll have to go back and catch up. There are always a few NSFW songs on their albums, but that's not too much of an issue for me. Ska lives on.

I need a nap already. I kept snoozing my alarm this morning, about 20 times with 10 minutes between. I'll take a nap after the seminar, then do about 5 practice exams until Venessa gets home. I've passed the last 3 practice exams with flying colors in less than an hour, so I'm hoping that will translate to the real thing. I hope everybody is finishing off the week stronk! Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Edit: Something very different has happened in my life. @Majorrich and @NurseDave have each sent me Christmas cards. I think I've only gotten one Christmas card in my life prior, there's one more but I'm not counting it because he's an idiot. It's definitely a new experience for me. Although I think it might be a little late to send out some of my own, I think I can talk Venessa into doing a set next year with the SafetyDuckCats to share with our family and friends. So thank you Rich and Dave for learning me something new.
Uhhhhhh....
I used RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore. I don't know how I missed that. Oh well. Also I used Burning Barbershop, not Prada. What the heck.

Bummer for the magic lather. Glad you salvaged the shave at least!

I think I've only gotten one Christmas card in my life prior, there's one more but I'm not counting it because he's an idiot. It's definitely a new experience for me.
Yea...my wife is getting jealous (and slightly suspicious) every time a piece of mail shows up for me from these guys. :ROFLMAO:

Bummer for the magic lather. Glad you salvaged the shave at least!

Yea...my wife is getting jealous (and slightly suspicious) every time a piece of mail shows up for me from these guys. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks. I wish it could've been what I was expecting, but oh well.

She now has plenty reason to be suspicious. :ROFLMAO:

Soooooo. I was taking a shower and getting ready to shave when bam. I got hit by a space shuttle! I knew it instantly...kinda. I'm 98% sure I have the damn flu. Venessa is about to take me to likely get diagnosed with the flu and get some antivirals.

My question: Is there any science to support a good shave outright killing the son of a gun with extreme prejudice? I'm willing to try it in the name of science! :ROFLMAO:

Back