The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Progress
  • Blade: GSB, too old
  • Brush: The pink Mozingo one
  • Soap: Stirling Port-au-Prince
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Soap Commander Refinement
  • Frag: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
  • Music: Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning
I'm back at work. It was a very rocky start. I'm usually kinda grumpy, but some crap pushed me over the edge, but I'm over it again. I have a student that I need to apologise to for my grumpiness, it's not something I want to be known for and it's not something I want to show as an acceptable behavior. I'm only human, but I'm also a professional. Moving on. Yesterday was pretty fun, Venessa and I went out and did stuff for the first time in about a year; breakfast, cat food shopping, movies, and dinner. I hadn't done that in a long time and I had forgotten what it's like to not having to worry about school stuff.

I mentioned...weeks ago...that I was going to 3017 this sample and I'm getting back to it. It's still in a bowl, but going forward I'm gonna put my Stirling samples in my new mini stick containers. This was a rough shave. The blade felt horrible, but I didn't switch it out because I'm not very smart sometimes. I had quite a few weepers. That's my bad. I gotta be smarter. That being said I'm DFS+. It's a little chilly and dry for this corner of Texas so I opted to address the dry skin before it becomes an issue with the balm. A proper dousing of Pour Homme made everything right as rain.

My cat are my phone.

Alkaline Trio is a weird band. Kinda. The premise of the lyrics is that they're supposed to be dark and morbid because that's what their imagination told them they needed to sound like. I like it a bit, but it's definitely not for everybody. I posted one of the more tame songs.

I gotta get back to work. It's gonna be a good day. I wish you all a gorgeous Sunday. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Sounds like a nice relaxing Saturday. Bummer about the shave today. ... but hey Paco Rabanne for the win!
You said it! I keep forgetting how pleasant Pour Homme is. This might be worn all week. Maybe I'll rotate through my frags, one a week.

I used to like Alkaline Trio a lot—saw them a couple of times in concert when I was in high school. I still throw them on from time to time. They have a ton of albums but Good Mourning was one of my favorrites.
I love a lot of their early stuff. I think they sold out after Crimson.

No shave today. Just a tidbit about my morning, which is surprisingly lacking in grumpiness.

I went to an EMS breakfast seminar thingy about long bone fractures and learned a lot in an hour. It's easy to get complacent when everybody else is complacent. Once I've passed my test I plan on doing deep research on a drug that we carry every week. After that, it'll be learning vasculature, nerves, bones, and tie all that stuff together. Paramedic school taught me how to be an entry level paramedic, I'm gonna ensure that over time I become an expert paramedic. It's the little things that spark my interest.

Alright I'm off my soapbox. Time for a nap.

Now, how do I get in on this nap thing?
Work 24 hours at a time, come home, and sleep a couple of hours until lunch. :cool:

I’m glad you are having a grump-free day! Mr. Duck Ben Crabbypants.
Thanks Rich, I'm glad too! 🤣 Sometimes I need to remind myself not to take things so seriously and have fun.

That has to be terrible after responding to a fire and he's working all the rest of the day in wet crabbypants.
I'll have you know that I have a spare set of crabbypants in my locker to change into after my post-fire shower!

So ... nap for the win!
So much win!

Back