The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Good stuff man!

If ya gotta vent ... vent. Better than taking that stuff home.
I hear you, but it's getting old. It's the same problems every shift with the same antagonists. I'm beating a dead horse at this point.

I don’t know why Ben didn’t share his pre-shave routine with us. I ran across his video online.

12/03/2019

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Chick (???)
  • Brush: TDR milk glass boar
  • Soap: Stirling Port-au-Prince
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Port-au-Prince
  • Frag: whichever Duke Cannon toilet water I have
  • Music: I forgot
Quick shave before going out for lunch and changing the oil on my truck.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Chick (???)
  • Brush: WWB Arctic something
  • Soap: Chiseled Face Cryogen
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chilly Veg
  • Frag: Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb
  • Music: Mad Caddies - Duck and Cover
Another day another doll....I'm off today, never mind. Not a whole lot to do today. Lunch again with my protege. He helped my change the oil on my truck yesterday. What a guy. He's one of the few fighting to be my partner, which is a strange thing. I guess over the years I've become very tolerable to work with. After lunch it's studying, which at this point is just repetitively taking practice exams.

This is my first go with Cryogen. @uacowboy was kind enough to send me enough to torture me....errrrrrr...try out. I have to say I was expecting a lot worse in terms of every aspect of the soap. It smells like straight menthol, which I knew already. It appears to be a cream of some sort, which was convenient for scooping out of the container. Loading was meh. Lathering was surprisingly not difficult. I had heard of people tearing up during the shave and I was safe from that until midway through the first pass. But in terms of being cold, it's the coldest I've had so far, but not by a large margin. Actually I feel it's not too far ahead of Terror. I might need to use Terror tomorrow to be sure. I had a nice easy 3 passes, no drama for the first time in a couple of weeks. I concocted some Chilly Veg last night by dropping in 8 drops of WS-23. I like it. The scent is still meh.

No picture because I didn't prepare for my cats to eat my picture.

Some good 90's ska to relax to during the shave.

I gotta go do something probably. I hope everybody is having a great day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

The cryogen seemed softer than i remembered when i was making your sample. either way it is my favorite Wake Up soap as well and great when you are stuffed up because of the heavy hit of menthol. The sample i had of terror was cool to me but not on the same level as Cryogen.

The cryogen seemed softer than i remembered when i was making your sample. either way it is my favorite Wake Up soap as well and great when you are stuffed up because of the heavy hit of menthol. The sample i had of terror was cool to me but not on the same level as Cryogen.
Yeah now that I think about it, I might be thinking of another mentholated soap or splash. I remember something similar, but I can't remember it. It'll definitely clear your sinuses.

Back