The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

giphy.gif

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Kama, Gillette ball end tech
  • Blade: Astra SP, new
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: Siliski Soaps Santa's Pipe
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Siliski Soaps Santa's Pipe
  • Frag: We'll see later on tonight
  • Music: Incubus - Light Grenades
I suppose if you haven't already figured it out today is my birthday. I'm the dirty 30, as some might say. I just took a shower, so I'm not dirty anymore. Bowling and pizza are in order for tonight; we're going out with at least my sister-in-law, maybe my brother-in-law too but I'm not sure if he's in town. It's been ages since I've gone bowling, and the closest I've come to bowling is responding to the bowling alley around the corner. I'm typically not big on celebrating my birthday, but I'm excited. Not a whole lot else going on.

I decided to take the Kama for another spin for my birthday, and I knew I'd have to do a cleanup pass because of how the hair grows so I grabbed the most mild razor I could think of at the time. This is the second time I've brought out the Kama since I got it back from Kyle. I don't know if it's because I was taking my sweet time, but it was so much more enjoyable. The edge is so smooth. I did a wtg and atg pass with few problems. The problems that I did have were along my jaw. Nothing a little cleanup can't fix. The cleanup was almost as enjoyable and smooth. I am BBBS. Yeah, you guessed it, Birthday BBS. I forgot to mention the soap; I grabbed it because it's my favorite seasonal scent. Man, that tobacco just hits it out of the park for me. The balm has Venessa jealous of my skin...again, although it did take a while to soak in. Otherwise, no complaints on the software.

PSX_20191206_143602.jpg

Incubus popped into my head this morning and it has been a while since I listened to Light Grenades. Good jams.

I'm off to lounge around and pretend I'm the boss of the house for the rest of the day. Thank you for all the birthday wishes, guys.

Back