The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Chick (???)
  • Brush: Klenzo
  • Soap: CBL Campfire, Marshmallow, Xmas Tree
  • Aftershave: none
  • Frag:
  • Music: Pierce The Veil - Collide With The Sky
Happy Thanksgiving, Cadre. I have a lot to be thankful for this year, it feels like more than ever before. It's been a stressful year, yet wholesome and worthwhile. Pertaining to TSC, I'm thankful for the friendships that have been forged in the however many months I've been a member, and the rekindling of hope in humanity. Guys, we're one hell of a group; we jump in to help each other out in an instant, no questions asked, and that's incredible. Thank you for teaching me that helping people can extend beyond when I'm on the clock, and is way easier than I could've ever thought.

I've had this...I think cream kinda...sitting on deck all week and I figured today is as good a day as any to try it out. This way in a big box of stuff that @CBLindsay sent along with a bunch of other CBL trials and tribulations. I've been wanting to use it for some time. To be honest it smells like I'm drinking Dr. Pepper in front of a Christmas tree. I can kinda pick out the marshmallow, but the campfire note(s) are a bit out of reach for me. That being said, it's a wonderful scent that's worth the little tingle that I got. I'm not sure where this lies in the progression of Chris's experiments, but I got the usual great performance. I only went with two passes because reasons. I'm reasonably close today.

No picture. Imagine me sitting in front of a Christmas tree drinking Dr. Pepper and shaving.

I don't know why I decided to listen to PTV today. They're great musicians, but the signer's voice can get a little irritating after a while. I love Jason Butler, though. I'm a huge fan of his stage presence and that he is a very outspoken activist that gets out on the streets encouraging people to speak up.

I gotta go do stuff or something. It's just Venessa, myself, Emma, and Matilda this year. Oh yeah, something cool that I found out yesterday is that I scheduled my exam on the five year anniversary of when I took my first EMT exam; it'll be momentous and very sentimental if I pass that day. I hope everybody has a great day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Happy Thanksgiving Ben Bill, Bud! We are all very proud of what you have accomplished in even the short time we have known you. I am sure that you will pass your exam with flying colors on that special day! Hope today is great day with you and yours. Believe me...small gatherings are the best!

Happy Thanksgiving Ben Bill, Bud! We are all very proud of what you have accomplished in even the short time we have known you. I am sure that you will pass your exam with flying colors on that special day! Hope today is great day with you and yours. Believe me...small gatherings are the best!
Thanks, Don. Small gatherings are absolutely the best. I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Anniversary exam, very cool. Happy Thanksgiving, Ben!
Happy Thanksgiving, Eric!

Happy Thanksgiving Ben! Enjoy the time with the missus and fur babies!
I spent most of the day asleep with Matilda. Does that still count? 🤣 Happy Thanksgiving, Chris.

Enjoy your first married Thanksgiving!
DUDE, WHAT THE HECK. Jk. Thanks, Dave.

Dude, not so LOUD. are you TRYING to get him in trouble with Venessa?! 😜
He really is, but it's payback for not having his back in his thread against @MrsNurseDave. 🤣

Sounds as though you had a great Thanksgiving, Ben. Judging by your excellent study habits and stellar past performance, I have no doubt that you'll pass the upcoming exam with flying colors.
It's been a stressful year, yet wholesome and worthwhile.
Well said. You are setting yourself up for the rest of your professional career. (y)

Sounds as though you had a great Thanksgiving, Ben. Judging by your excellent study habits and stellar past performance, I have no doubt that you'll pass the upcoming exam with flying colors.

Well said. You are setting yourself up for the rest of your professional career. (y)
Thank you for the kind words and encouragement, Bruce. I'm hitting the books unfathomably hard because apparently I don't know anything about the cranial nerves. Nothing I can't fix in a day.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Merkur Progress
  • Blade: I don't even know anymore. Probably still the same GSB?
  • Brush: Shavemac tortoise shell
  • Soap: Tabac stick
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Brut
  • Frag: Versace Eros
  • Music: Heroes For Hire - Take One For The Team
Day two of three. Yesterday was relatively relaxing. That's pretty much it. I've been studying with my student since I walked in, so I've been productive.

No rhyme or reason to today's shave. Just kinda felt like it for the most part, and I guess there's a German theme with the soap, brush, and razor. I had a nice 3.5 pass shave. I think I might take a break from shaving during my upcoming 6 days off so my face can catch its breath. I don't remember if I was close to BBS or not. Doesn't matter.

PSX_20191129_144642.jpg

Mediocre Australian pop punk to get the day started.

Gotta get back to work. We're two calls in and I'm trying my hardest to keep my temper. I hope everybody is having a great Friday. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back