The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I think because of my limited collection it gets used a little more often, but I agree that it's more of a formal attire situational fragrance for me. D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop is currently my hands down favorite. MIL got me a Dillard's frag sampler, so I'll be digging into that over the next month or so.

Nice stuff, I’d love to have a Penhaligon’s soap. You know, dealing with girls might follow you the rest of your life.
It was going to happen one way or another. I think I'll live.

I been watching a Sartorial for sale on the bay.....................$60........
That's about how much I paid for mine. I wasn't crazy about it, but it's also discontinued....soooooo.....yeah.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Jectah
  • Blade: Chick, 1
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Dragon's Blood
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Frag: Mercedes Benz Man Grey
  • Music: Crime In Stereo - Is Dead
It's a new day. Saturday went well. Ya boy is now a man, even though I was already a man. It was kinda fun having everybody around for the occasion, but there was also a lot of stress because I hate being around more than 3 people. Nothing really dramatic this morning at work somehow. And I'm only working half of the shift, so I get to sleep in my own bed tonight.

I was originally going to proceed with the 3017 of Port-au-Prince, but @Dave in KY's post reminded me of this week's theme, which I can completely participate in. This is also the second use on this blade, which was kindly PIFed by Dave of the Kentucky variety. I honestly forgot that I put one in until halfway through my shave. I can't say I noticed anything particularly different, but I also wasn't paying attention because of the time crunch. That's a good thing I guess. No blood, no irritation. 3 passes and I'm DFS+. I'm loving this Mercedes Benz frag, I bought some last night at a price I couldn't turn down. EdT for ~$30, that's a steal if you ask me.

No picture because of the audible.

It's breakfast time and it's family time when it's breakfast time. It's kinda rare when we get a chance to eat together because we're actually at work. I wish you all a wonderful Monday. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Pardon me while I find an eye rolling emoji big enough for this statement.
Look, I just work here. I can only be rational enough for myself.

Anyone else get the sense that Venessa is just embarrassed to be seen in public with Ben?
It was a running joke that she wasn't real because nobody had met her for a long time.

Back