The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

So this year, next or the one after huh?
Actually the official date is tentatively set for next year, very early fall. This is a little thing for our families

Do you think she’d get mad if you received a whole mess of shave gear gifts?
Absolutely! She's started to give me crap about how much stuff I already have. 🤣

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Heritage
  • Blade: GSB, new
  • Brush: Heritage Collection Shaving C-MON Deluxe 77-4
  • Soap: DG/CL Lamplight Penance
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, DG/CL Lamplight Penance
  • Frag: None
  • Music: I already forgot
Yesterday turned out to be quite easy for us all. We enjoyed tamales for dinner, which was awesome. I had to run a work related errand first thing in the morning, but I've been able to relax for the most part for the rest of the day. There was an unfortunate accident with the bird that belonged to my best friend. One of her foster rescue dogs attacked and killed The bird, Lola. Man, it's tough seeing your friend's heart break like that. I think I cheered her up a bit with some of her favorite beer, but it's gonna sting for a while.

I put the unboxing of this razor in another thread, and I'll link it here at some point, maybe tomorrow if I remember. It was a nice, easy shave, but I don't know how much of that can be attributed to the razor because of the stellar blade and soap combination. I sliced open something on my neck. I think it was an ingrown hair? I'm not sure because that's never really been a problem for me. All that aside, my three pass shave left me DFS+. This is definitely a fall scent, by the way. I don't think I've ever wanted to smell like kerosene during the summer.

IMG_20191112_112251.jpg

I forgot what I was listening to. My bad.

Guess who's having tamales for dinner again?! You guessed right, several thousands of Hispanic families because it's the perfect weather for it! Also, I am too. I think that's it. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

When Lamplight Penance came out I was intrigued and confounded also. The scent notes were a bit strange. What are your thoughts on the scent?

When Lamplight Penance came out I was intrigued and confounded also. The scent notes were a bit strange. What are your thoughts on the scent?
First off, Venessa likes it. I like it too. But. There's definitely a kerosene note to my nose. It's a dynamic scent, though. The first hit is definitely kerosene with some other hints, but as it dries down the other notes, which I don't remember off the top of my head, start to shine through.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Heritage
  • Blade: GSB (1)
  • Brush: Wild West Brushworks something about the Arctic
  • Soap: B&M Reserve Classic
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Reserve Classic
  • Frag: None
  • Music: The Matches - E. Von Dahl Killed The Locals
It's Friday! I've been going to bed at a reasonable time recently and it's easier to get out of bed, even in the cold. We're about to have some fireworks at work because some people insist on doing things that they shouldn't be doing. But I just work here. Just a few things to do at work today aside from my job.

I kinda wanted to use a seasonal scent, but I decided that smelling really good was the better option. I didn't really have enough time to properly hydrate and I still had an awesome shave with excellent slickness. I think I like this razor a little more today. 3 passes got me DFS+. No frag needed.

IMG_20191113_053937.jpg

The band was originally named The Locals and they were threatened with legal action by some other, non punk, band. The album name is a shot at the lady who essentially killed The Locals. I think that's a hilarious story, and in good fun. This was released when I was in high school and I wasn't a huge fan back then, but it's grown on me.

My driving test is tomorrow and I have to do some class on knowing that's illegal to text and drive it something. I probably know better than most how dangerous it can be, as I see the end results first-hand. Anyway, I gotta go get to that. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

You don't have good smelling seasonal scent? Time to correct that sir!

Back