The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I’m with ya on the sleep thing, just can’t seem to catch up these days! Hope your weekend fixes some of that and nets you some R&R!

I’m with ya on the sleep thing, just can’t seem to catch up these days! Hope your weekend fixes some of that and nets you some R&R!
Thanks. Me too, Chris. I could use a few hours of absolutely stress free relaxation. It'll come soon enough.

Loud neighbours suck, our flat used to be quiet but now we're surrounded on all sides by loud annoying people. I practically live in headphones at home now, but listen to much mellower music than you Bent He Duck.

Man that Shearton is just spectacular! Enjoy the shaves with that you lucky duck!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower, coconut and coffee face scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Sheraton
  • Blade: Astra SP (1)
  • Brush: Stirling Boar
  • Soap: Stirling Port-au-Prince
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Port-au-Prince
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Hellions - Opera Oblivia
I had a good shift yesterday. There were a couple of aggravating moments, but I moved past them with ease because I was more interested in doing my job than being mad. There was some drama this morning, but I'll skip the details so that nobody has the urge to beat their heads against a brick wall to relieve themselves of the stupidity that I have to live through. I scheduled my driving test for the 14th, so I guess that's cool. I guess I'll leave whatever else I think I said for the video that is currently rendering and will be uploaded sometime today, probably after my nap.

I'm gonna 3017 this sample because science! Kidding, it's reasons. I have 3 other Stirling samples that I think I'm gonna work through and finish off with Stirling Gentleman so I can put in a decent order to get full tubs of Port-au-Prince and Gentleman. Everything performed in harmony and I am damn near BBS. I have no complaints at all, except that the splash burns like hell, probably because of the alcohol?

A terrible picture has appeared!
IMG_20191105_124212.jpg

I hadn't listened to Hellions in quite some time, and I think the main creator of the music has since left the band; I forgot the reasons, but I don't think there was any drama. Despite the lineup change I am very much looking forward to what they have planned next.

It's time to take a nap. I'll upload the video when it's finished rendering. There might be a hiccup or two in the rendering, but I'll figure it out. Oh, and it's going to be in 4k @NurseDave. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre. I hope everybody's Taco Tuesday is going well. Go get you some tacos!

Nap time is over! It's tac...pizza time! The video is uploading. It's in 4k, but the second half of the video has the audio and video out of sync. Pick your poison, @NurseDave.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower, coconut and coffee face scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Sheraton
  • Blade: Astra SP (2)
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: Purely Skinful Handmade Essentials Connoisseur
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Purely Skinful Handmade Essentials Connoisseur lotion
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Royal Coda - Compassion
Two more days until skills. I'm feeling the pressure, but after watching a couple of videos on YouTube, I'm feeling pretty confident. After all, these are things that I already do at work, except for the cardiology part, and I'm pretty good at that too. I'll be doing a lot more studying today so that I'm prepared to practice my skills tomorrow. Then I'll be on to the next obstacle of the month. I'm feeling very good about these two things.

After some outrage yesterday I decided to try this set out, which has been sitting under my sink for a couple of months. I tried the bear tallow soap from the same artisan around the time that I got it, and didn't really notice that the logo is strikingly similar to LNHC. Moving on. The scent off the tub is super gourmand; I get loads of chocolate wafers (???), but opens up a bit once lathered, which brings out the tobacco note a bit more. I got this stuff dialed in pretty easily; I didn't try to test how much water it can take. Great cushion, decent primary slickness, and mediocre residual slickness. I only did 3 passes today. DFS+. I can tell you I'm not a huge fan of the lotion. I'm usually pretty alright with weird face feeling, but this stuff feels excessively greasy to me, and I don't really like it. It also took about 10 minutes to get absorbed. It's an interesting product, but it's just alright for me.

PSX_20191107_114945.jpg

This album just got released this morning and it's a fair amount different from their previous release. It's substantially more progressive and experimental.

I'm gonna take a nap before I got the book and YouTube again. I swear YouTube is a learning tool today! I hope everybody is having a great day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Back