The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Good stuff Ben! Man these Sheraton shaves are gonna make me break out the Senator. It hasn’t gotten much love lately.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower, coconut and coffee face scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: Polsilver (?)
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: Summer Break Soaps Brain Break
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Summer Break Soaps Brain Break
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Angel Du$t - Rock The __ On Forever
Today is the day. Skills. It's only 5 skills and I'm actually fairly competent, but it's still scary. And I get to go straight to work immediately afterwards, which is awesome not. Venessa's birthday was yesterday and I took her out for a little dinner, nothing crazy.

I figured some lavender would calm me down a touch. Easy 4 passes, with a little nick, and I'm proper BBS. I finished everything off with a spritz of Burning Barbershop. It's gonna be a great day.

No picture because.

I'll ask you to pardon the name of the album. Oh boy the energy got me going. This album is jam packed with bangers.

Gotta go secure the rest of my life. I hope you all have a stress-free Saturday. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, Ben is really off his game. No picture and not even for reasons. Just because. Hope the test goes ok.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Jectah
  • Blade: Proline (2???)
  • Brush: Stirling boar
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Dragon's Blood
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Frag: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
  • Music: Hit The Lights - Summer Bones
Happy Veterans Day to all the Cadre veterans, there are too many to tag. Day two, and I'm at Station 2 with the boss and all the exceptional people on my shift. One of my guys is a veteran and he hates it when we thank him for his service, but we do it anyway. I think that's about it for updates.

i hadn't used a CBL soap in a while and I've been neglecting Ghost Dragon's Blood. The boar did an incredible job and everything came together perfectly. I did miss a spot under my left nare; I don't know how, but I can't do anything about it. I'm otherwise DFS+. I doused myself with Pour Homme for some reason, but nobody has complained yet.

I think I might do away with pictures entirely because I wasn't very good at taking them anyway. But knowing me I'll forget that I even typed this and do it anyway.

I hadn't listened to this album in quite some time, probably since it came out in 2016 I think. Good stuff.

We're already one call in, and things are going swimmingly. I'm back on track with my IVs after I broke my months-long streak with my previous attempt. It's gonna be a great day. I wish you all a happy whatever day it is. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

Pardon me, can I go back to a topic that I believe was glossed over by the cadre? When is your wedding date? Also, are you registered at Maggard Razors or CBL Soaps?
Venessa has instructed me not to talk about it anymore for superstitious reasons that I don't agree with. And I am not registered anywhere. 🤣

Back