The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Google failed me. :unsure: Please help, thanks.
Our Classic soaps (formerly known as "White Label" until we switched them over to our new Glissant base) feature some of our most popular fragrances and absolutely stellar shaving performance.

Ben went back to being all FormalDuck on his avatar. Nice shave man...but yea, peanut butter scent is a weird thing to shave with!

Hope the shift went well.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium, new
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb
  • Soap: Stirling Gentleman
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Gentleman
  • Frag: Burning Barbershop
  • Music: Stray From The Path - Internal Atomics
Another day, another however many dollars I make per shift. I'm paired with the problem child who complained about us needing to go get my gear from the other station because, "I only got 30 minutes of sleep." Yeah, not my problem. On the positive end of the work spectrum, my gear is clean! I stayed late yesterday to hang out and wash my gear. Lemony fresh! It doesn't actually smell like lemon, sorry @NurseDave. Oh yeah, and now we have two engines up, so I have one of my favorite coworkers here driving the engine.

I didn't realize that I'm so close to finishing Stirling Gentleman. This is actually the only soap that I've ever properly 3017ed. I want to say this is my fourth or fifth puck. So I'll be finishing this up ASAP so I can buy my first full tub because I love Stirling Gentleman. Typical awesome Stirling shave. I wasn't running behind, but I wasn't ahead of schedule like I wanted to be, so I ditched the full atg pass. BBS almost everywhere by accident. Splash and balm to match. I grabbed the balm so that my face doesn't succumb to the brutal winter. /s I've said it before, I'll say it again: I need to buy a full bottle of Burning Barbershop. I *expletive* love this scent.

Funny story, I actually did take a picture of my Halloween shave, I just completely forgot about it until hours after I got to work. But yeah, definitely didn't do one today. You're not missing much.

This album was released yesterday. It's a banger. I might've mentioned once, but they're very obviously inspired by Rage Against The Machine. It's almost like RATM heard it and decided it was time to come take the throne back. I'm cool with it.

Gotta go back to doing my job. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I hope you're all having a great weekend.

Hope the shift goes well Ben! I can definitely hear you yelling this out as the engine screams down a residential area toward a call’ :ROFLMAO:

Have a lemony fresh day Ben
I'm sensing that I'll be a fire duck today, so it might not be too lemony. :(

Hope the shift goes well Ben! I can definitely hear you yelling this out as the engine screams down a residential area toward a call’ :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, Chris. That is absolutely something I would do. Hell, I'll do that over my ambulance intercom! 🤣

Definite RATM feel.

So maybe a smokey lemon scent today? Man, now I’ll have to get a sample of SG.

Last edited:
  • Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Gillette Sheraton
  • Blade: Treet Silver, new
  • Brush: The Cloud
  • Soap: Soap Commander Devotion
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Soap Commander Devotion balm
  • Frag: none
  • Music: just my thoughts on how yesterday went
Yesterday was hectic. Three of my four calls were critical, including a very bad head on collision this morning. I think I only got 3 solid hours of work sleep, so that's more like 45 minutes of regular sleep. Lots of learning experiences for everybody throughout the day and we all helped people. I stayed late to finish my reports and decompress before going home. I'm a big fan of leaving as much of my work stress at work so I'm less likely to explode on Venessa; she doesn't deserve to be yelled out over something she had nothing to do with. But yeah, no fire.

@Graybeard57 sold me this razor and although I don't think this blade is a good pairing, I do love the aggressiveness. This razor had a lot of potential for me, and it's gorgeous. I needed a little more relaxing than decompressing at work provided so I grabbed my go-to for relaxation. I could use this stuff for the rest of my life of I needed to and never complain, and I am in love with this scent. I went for a quick shave, versus a damn good shave that I craved.

IMG_20191103_111543.jpg

I just woke up from my post work nap and I thought it was night time already. Time for lunch! Venessa made something delicious. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I hope everybody is having a beautiful Sunday.

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy the razor, Ben. IMO, it is a classic. Someone once told me that it is a mild OC, but it's certainly more aggressive than my Red Tip. Enjoy your shaves!
It's gorgeous, Bruce. Thanks for letting me give it a new home. It definitely has a good amount of aggression, more than a Red Tip, but I like it a lot. I'll put in something a little less finicky for tomorrow's shave.

I saw this today and thought you might like it.

View attachment 10827
One of my guys keeps trying to predict when structure tones are dropping, and it's hilarious how disappointed he is every time. 🤣

• Pre-shave: Warm shower, coconut and coffee face scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Sheraton
  • Blade: Astra SP, new
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: DG/CL Unconditional Surrender
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, DG/CL Unconditional Surrender
  • Frag: none
  • Music: Four Year Strong - Enemy Of The World
It may be Monday for you, but it's Friday for me. I spent quite a bit of yesterday catching up on sleep. I was exhausted and Venessa noticed. My grumpiness led me to call the complex courtesy officer for the noise in the apartment below me, which turned out to be "they were watching Aladdin." I'm not buying it, but whatever, they turned it down. I've been productive today. I found a medication on my truck that we don't even have protocols for, and I have no clue where it came from. I'm in my lane, though, and it was reported to a person who's first question was, "does Medic 2 have any?" The correct response should've been, "that's not even in our protocols, let me try to figure out where it came from; go ahead and take it off the truck." I'm embarrassed by the fact that he's in charge of ambulance stuff.

I had a feeling that the Sheraton was going to be a hoss, and I was right, it just needed the right blade. I needed a strong stand to keep fighting the good fight today and I grabbed Unconditional Surrender. I was running a couple of minutes behind, but still managed to get almost completely BBS. The Astra blade worked very well and felt better than the Treet.

PSX_20191104_105323.jpg

I hadn't listened to Four Year Strong in a couple of months and the energy was much appreciated and combined with Unconditional Surrender, I was ready for the day.

Station duties are done and I scheduled my driving test for the 14th. I figured the stress hasn't killed me yet, so adding more shouldn't be a problem. Gotta go study for all the crap I have going on this month. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Back