The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Ball end tech
  • Blade: Treet Classic (1)
  • Brush: Bioluminescent
  • Soap: Gillette Pure Shaving Cream
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chilly Clubman
  • Frag: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
  • Music: Counterparts - Nothing Left To Love
It was a weird day, not bad, but weird. I got out of bed at 6:30, ate breakfast, and started drinking my coffee before taking a shower. I was about halfway done with my coffee when I got an email telling me that the interview was cancelled because everybody was sick. I acknowledged the email and promptly went back to sleep and woke up again at 1:30. I don't remember what I did for 3 hours, but I decided that I needed a haircut and I also had a check to mail. Done and done.

I was going to get started on 3017ing a tube of Old Spice cream, but I figured I might as well try Pure out. It has a pleasant scent I guess. It didn't bother me, but it also didn't blow my mind. Lathering was a bit of a curve ball for me, but I managed. I started with what was way too little, added more, still not enough, then doubled what I already applied. Maybe I'm not good at creams, but that seemed like a lot. It did produce a decent lather, better than what I was expecting, but nowhere close to the quality of artisan creams and soaps. One thing that stuck out was the slickness. This is some seriously slick stuff. Otherwise, it was a pretty mediocre shave. DFS FTW. Chilly Clubman did its job. Pour Homme to finish.

Too lazy to take a picture. At this point it's a bit ridiculous to ask you to use your imagination. Do it anyway, I'm fairly ridiculous.

I've been jamming this leaked album all day. There's one song with some awesome harmonic melodies that has grown on me. I'll definitely be buying the record when payday comes around again.

I don't have much to do tomorrow. I guess I'll play it all by ear. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I hope you had a good day.

I didn't know Old Spice still made a shaving cream. Your shave sent me to Amazon, fyi. Thanks.
I was about to say that Amazon doesn't have any, but I was very wrong. I got a couple of tubes cheap off the bay a few years ago. I believe that it's an Indian market product and was discontinued, but I guess it's not discontinued????

I was about to say that Amazon doesn't have any, but I was very wrong. I got a couple of tubes cheap off the bay a few years ago. I believe that it's an Indian market product and was discontinued, but I guess it's not discontinued????
The comments and reviews indicated this is a Shulton import from India.

Well...I am really behind on your journal. But seems like there has been a good bit going on. Take the day off and rest my friend!

• Razor: Jectah
  • Blade: Proline (1???)
  • Brush: Heritage Collection Shaving C-MON Deluxe 77-4/TDR Gael or something like that
  • Soap: Old Spice Shaving Cream, Gillette Pure Shaving Cream, Extro Cosmesi Bay Rum
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Derby City Winter Reserve
  • Frag: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
  • Music: Counterparts - Nothing Left To Love
I just got back from visiting my old captain at his new job. He's trying to get me hired, but I'm really skeptical. I'm being told the grass is greener, but seeing is believing. I'll think about it a couple of weeks. I also need to go to the nearest DPS office to get my driving permit sorted. Apparently they're supposed to give me a piece of paper that says I can drive the fire truck. Other than that it's a chill day, quite literally, with temps dropping down into the 40's over the next few hours.

I bet you're asking yourself why I used two different brushes and three different creams. Funny story. So I applied the OS cream and the knot wasn't working very well with the cream, even after I tried applying more. To rule out the brush I grabbed the Pure. That failed mistake too. I grabbed a synthetic and the Extro Cosmesi. I had been wanting to try this cream for a while, but I had been grabbing other stuff instead. I kinda regret it. This stuff is super easy to lather, smells great, and has better than average performance. Unfortunately I couldn't avoid a little trauma. My atg pass was the culprit. As soon as I felt a couple of sharp bumps I knew what had happened, but I'm still not sure how it happened. I used a little alum to stop the bleeding with limited results.

I also was reminded that I have an IQ when I came up with the idea of putting Winter Reserve in my fire truck Avon decanter. It made sense because it's the biggest one I have and it's cool. I'm a lot more inclined to use it more often.

The original lineup:
PSX_20191030_091815.jpg

I'm loving this album a lot. It's not for the faint of heart.

Pizza rolls are out of the oven and it's time to eat. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I hope everybody is having a great day.

• Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: Gillette Goal Stainless (2?)
  • Brush: Lancaster Razor Works fishing one, I forgot the name already
  • Soap: B&M Hallows
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Hallows
  • Frag: none
  • Music: AFI - All Hallows EP
Happy Halloween, Cadre. I made it to work to learn some ridiculous new policies that were put in place over my time off. I'll skip the griping for today. I'm on the engine, and I don't know what to do with my hands. That changes at 7p and I'll probably be up all night with the shenanigans.

I figured I would go with a Halloween theme. This is only the second I've used Hallows because I'm not crazy about the scent at all. I get a rich peanut butter scent. It lathered up nicely because there's nothing particularly wrong with glissant for me. This blade is starting to feel a little tiny bit tuggy. But overall I'm BBS. No weepers today.

Too cold to take a picture.

AFI for the holiday! No complaints.

Gotta get back to work. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Stay warm, fellas.

I'm on the engine, and I don't know what to do with my hands.
I would think depending on the driver you either hold on for dear life or pump your fist out the window howling with the siren.

I don't think I'd have with peanut butter scented soap.

I would think depending on the driver you either hold on for dear life or pump your fist out the window howling with the siren.

I don't think I'd have with peanut butter scented soap.
Dude, this thing is a smoooooth ride. My captain is driving and I'm in charge of the siren, so fist out the window.

Que???

I figured I would go with a Halloween theme. This is only the second I've used Hallows because I'm not crazy about the scent at all. I get a rich peanut butter scent.
SSSSSSSHave. I don't think I'd shave with a peanut butter scented soap. Kidz, can't figure out anything from context. Well, kidz and KJ.

Google failed me. :unsure: Please help, thanks.
B&M changes their soap base a lot. Glissant was one of their bases

Back