The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Schick Proline (6?)
  • Brush: Heritage Collection Shaving C-MON Deluxe 77-4, 26mm SHD fan
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Jeeves Of Hudson Street Abyss
  • Frag: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
  • Music: Knocked Loose - A Different Shade Of Blue
It's time to go home. I miss the cades...I mean Venessa. 🤪 I had a great time yesterday. I had a few drinks with some good guys and I got some insight on a fatality at a fire that happened here a few months ago. The incident is sad, but my goal is to learn from it so that it doesn't happen again anywhere I go. I also surprised one of my fraternity brothers by showing up at his house kinda out of nowhere. I actually planned to have these days off so I could be here for his birthday. So far I'm the only person that hasn't made his daughter cry, so that's cool.

Same stuff, same new and improved technique, same result. I skipped the atg pass, though, but I'm still feeling great. I'm thinking about hoarding some Abyss.

Rick Sanchez ate my homework.

I didn't bother posting a song because it'll give everybody a headache. Knocked Loose is rocketing in popularity. They're phenomenal musicians that are adding their own twist on hardcore. So yeah if you don't like hardcore, don't listen. Haha.

I gotta go to the mil's house to drop off and pick up Venessa's haul before I start heading back home. I'm not really looking forward to that for reasons that I'll keep to myself. I think that's it for today. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a great [???]day!

PS If I wanted to smell like cat piss I'd let Emma pee on me, but I haven't...soooooo....🤪:ROFLMAO:

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: Gillette Goal Stainless, new
  • Brush: Wild West Brushworks Arctic something, 26mm Whipped Dog grey/white synthetic
  • Soap: B&M Latha Taiga
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Latha Taiga
  • Frag: Let me bask in the scent of the forest. That translates to no additional fragrance.
  • Music: The Brave - Aura
Today is the greatest day ever because I have nothing to complain about. I replied back to the bad email as professionally as I could last night. First thing in the morning I got two emails from my clinical coordinator and program coordinator commending me for my honesty. By the looks of things they gave me a pass on the issue that was brought up. About 30 minutes after those emails I got an email from my clinical coordinator congratulating me on being cleared to take my final, final exam. I don't think anybody knows how relieved I am. Everything is coming together at once and it's exhausting but rewarding.

I don't know how I haven't seen @NurseDave use Taiga. Maybe he doesn't have it? Oh yeah, I murdered the 3017 soap last night because I was loathing having to use it again when I have better stuff waiting. But yeah, the weather inspired this selection. It's rainy and 59°F, perfect for a pine forward scent. The Goal Stainless surprised the hell out of me with the smoothness. This was a very pleasant and easy shave. Easy BBS.

PSX_20191025_095526.jpg

The Brave has this early Linkin Park vibe going on this album for a couple of songs, and it's fun.

Today will be dedicated to studying for that stupid final, final exam and doing my driver's safety nonsense. Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre. Have a wonderful Friday!

Today is the greatest day ever because I have nothing to complain about.
Give it time.

Nope, I’ve never heard of that soap. From the notes on the tub it looks like one that would be right up my alley. But the Latha line doesn’t do anything for me.

Dude, it’s a rockin’ day! Good news on the finals front, great shave and some tunes! That’s a great looking brush too.

Now quit goofing and start studying. You got this!

Give it time.

Nope, I’ve never heard of that soap. From the notes on the tub it looks like one that would be right up my alley. But the Latha line doesn’t do anything for me.
That sucks, you're missing out on a great scent. What didn't you like about Latha?

Dude, it’s a rockin’ day! Good news on the finals front, great shave and some tunes! That’s a great looking brush too.

Now quit goofing and start studying. You got this!
You're bossy when you have a day off! Jk. 🤣 I'm doing my driver safety crap right now.

• Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: Gillette Goal Stainless (1)
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: Siliski Soaps Santa's Pipe
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Siliski Soaps Santa's Pipe
  • Frag: I knew I was forgetting something
  • Music: Circa Survive - Juturna
Today is my first day on, and is the last day of the work week. To top it off, I'm primarily a firefighter today, so I'll only be going to fires or critical medical calls. I've kept myself busy by sharpening all the kitchen knives, which took about 4 hours because of how dull they were. The knives aren't as sharp as they could be, but they're substantially sharper. Venessa and I went out to buy a sofa last night and ended up buying a nice sofa and chair set.

Now that the 3017 is dead I give myself going back to picking stuff by the weather. It's not Christmas time by any stretch, there are still a couple of holidays before we can start getting ready for Christmas. Oh back to why I picked Satan's Pipe. It's a warmer scent, perfect for cooler weather. Easy 4 passes and I'm BBS. I've been getting better shaves recently and my improved technique is to thank. The matching aftershave is more of a post shave oil concoction, but I'm not even complaining.

My counter is covered in stuff and I didn't feel like cleaning it off. Use your imagination.

I don't know, I just felt like listening to Circa Survive this morning after watching one of those "reaction" videos I watched last night. It was a singing coach picking out all the good and difficult things Anthony Green was doing throughout his performance.

I'm off to find something else to do because I'm bored. Maybe I'll take a nap, but probably not. I'm trying to break the stereotype of firefighters sleeping all day because there's so much to do instead of sleep. Unfortunately I left my leadership reading material at home, so I can't break the monotony of paramedic stuff with more productivity. Anyway. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I hope you're all having a great Saturday.

Today’s the day that boredom breeds greatness! :cool:

First day on, last day of the work week?
View attachment 10413
And I got paid for the last two shifts that I missed. It's been a great week.

😂 😂 😂 Have a good day Ben
You too, Dave!

Very nice Ben ... well except for the bored part.

Want me to drive down and start a fire for ya?
If it weren't super illegal, I'd say yes. 🤣 You'll just have to let me deal with it.

• Razor: The Jectah
  • Blade: Schick Proline, new
  • Brush: Easter
  • Soap: Noble Otter Barrbarr
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Noble Otter Barrbarr
  • Frag: D&S Durga Burning Barbershop
  • Music: Periphery - Periphery II
I'm just now getting to sit down and type this up at 830. I spent all day out of the house hanging with my old supervisor turned best friend. We had lunch with an old coworker. Funny/unfortunate story about him, he got attacked by a sow, which is the funny part, but it gets unfortunate because his back is torqued and jacked up. He went to the chiropractor with Mel to get the that sorted. Mikey is genuinely one of the nicest, kindest, most genuine humans I've ever met; I worked a day shift with him once and he told me all his squirrel hunting and firefighter stories. It was really nice seeing him again.

I wanted to wear Burning Barbershop so it only made sense to use Barrbarr. Science is the reason why I gave these blades a second chance and I'm glad I did. They might not be all (I think) @dkeester talked them up to be...for me, but they're solid and a good alternative to the Supply blades. I had more than a few weepers and I don't know why. It's whatever and less a deal than what would happen hours later, more on that in a bit. I got BBS. I smell good. I need to get a full bottle of Burning Barbershop. That might be my treat to myself for passing all my paramedic exams when that happens.

IMG_20191028_103212.jpg

I don't know why I went with Periphery today, but no regrets. Definitely not for people who despise screaming, but I suspect that @SteveChuckFrank might like them if he doesn't already.

About that stuff I mentioned earlier. Mel's parrotlet bit my cheek pretty hard. I bled a bit, but nothing crazy. She just wasn't used to being around me, no big deal. I ironed my dress shirt and set out my suit for tomorrow's interview at 9. I'm honestly a little nervous and I'm not sure why, but I guess that's better than walking in there like I own the place and come off as arrogant and disrespectful. Anyway. Venessa is coming home in a few minutes with pizza! Gotta clean up the apartment a bit before she gets home. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I hope you all had a great day.

Back