The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I received my CBL Williams tribute today and the boss man even threw in a little extra "gravy" on the deal for which I am very grateful. I won't say what it was, only that it's a bonus for his best looking clients. ;) :p :D

I also received today as well my DG Milksteak Dirtyver which I used tonight. Too bad Bentheduck wasn't a day later as I would have given him a sample. As for the "fountain of youth" secret it's merely.....lauric acid, glycolic acid & salicylic acid. (y)

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Schick Proline (4?)
  • Brush: Heritage Collection Shaving C-MON Deluxe 77-4, 26mm SHD fan
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Jeeves Of Hudson Street Abyss
  • Frag: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
  • Music: The sound of my ears blowing off steam/Royal Coda
This crap is getting old. I got an email when I was in the shower about another discrepancy in my reports. I'm livid. I'll stop myself here before I start shooting off a load of nonsense. On to the fun stuff. I spent all day at my old volunteer department, hanging out and catching up. My EMS mom now works for the department so she shared stories and wisdom. A few of the guys were also studying for the state fire exam, and I lent a helping hand in explaining things they didn't quite understand as well as they should. Today I'll be running a couple of errands including taking my written Class B exam, which should go well. I've rambled long enough, time for the shave part.

I brought this setup with me for longer than usual testing/basking in great scents. I forgot to soak the knot while I showered, so the lather was lacking. That's all on me. I shaved the mustache because reasons. I skipped my last pass so I'm DFS-. No complaints. I feel good and smell good. Spicebomb to finish.

These are not the droids you're looking for.

The musical selection is pretty self-explanatory. Royal Coda is coming out with a new album in a couple of weeks. @NurseDave might be able to tolerate this noise.

More news on the wedding. Some family stuff has happened so we're going to do the civil stuff in three weeks, which is why I shaved my nose warmer. I was excited yesterday, but the email put a huge damper on my sunny disposition today. I suspect I'll be fine when I get out of the house and start thinking about other things. I think that's about all the catching up I have for now. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a great Monday.

Well mister Ben Bill Bud sir, Hopefully the report stuff gets cleared up quickly and that the remaining wedding related stuff goes smoothly. Home stretch!

A road trip to Arkansas on Friday would put you in a better mood.
It absolutely would, but I work on Saturday. :(

Well mister Ben Bill Bud sir, Hopefully the report stuff gets cleared up quickly and that the remaining wedding related stuff goes smoothly. Home stretch!
I'm sure it'll all turn out alright. Thanks for the reassurance, Kyle!

The musical selection is pretty self-explanatory. Royal Coda is coming out with a new album in a couple of weeks. @NurseDave might be able to tolerate this noise.
Well, I wouldn't have to pull over and kick you out immediately, but we would be changing the station right after it was over.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Schick Proline (5?)
  • Brush: Heritage Collection Shaving C-MON Deluxe 77-4, 26mm SHD fan
  • Soap: CBL Tonsorial Roasted Oatmeal Stout
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Jeeves Of Hudson Street Abyss
  • Frag: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
  • Music: Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute
I've cooled down considerably since yesterday. I'm still a little irritated, but other progress reminds me that the past can only stay there. The progress is that I'm signed up to do my paramedic skills, the ones that count. Guys, I'm about to pee myself. I have two weeks to remember how to do these 5 skills, and they're majorly important. I know it'll come back to me, but it's still scary. More progress in the wedding stuff in when and probably where.

Same setup as the past few days. Consistency! The lather seems to be dissipating a bit after each pass, but there's still tons of slickness. I'll have to figure out what I'm doing wrong, and it's probably over-hydrating my knot. The science will have to wait. Noteworthy change in my technique. I realized yesterday and I'm using wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much pressure, 100% too much pressure, and that's why I keep getting irritated and nicks. Today I used damn near no pressure and I came out feeling so much better, no nicks, no irritation, just BBS. This scent combination is quickly becoming a favorite. I wish I could let you guys smell it, but that's not how computers and phones work.......yet.

Pretend I made another Ben Kenobi reference.

I hadn't listened to this band in a couple of months. Great energy. Definitely not for people who despise dissonance and chaos.

I'm having lunch with one of my old paramedic school classmates and guys from my volunteer department. It's going to be an...interesting time. 6 firefighters at a Hooter's. What could go wrong? Anyway. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I'll catch you on the flip side, after you've had an excellent Tuesday.

Guys, I'm about to pee myself. I have two weeks to remember how to do these 5 skills, and they're majorly important. I know it'll come back to me, but it's still scary.
ABC brother. It all comes down to ABC.
I realized yesterday and I'm using wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much pressure, 100% too much pressure, and that's why I keep getting irritated and nicks. Today I used damn near no pressure and I came out feeling so much better, no nicks, no irritation, just BBS.
There we go! That's the breakthrough people are always waiting for.

Did ya here that guys?!?! We're planning a weddin'! Someone send that guy some fresh Veg for his special day!

ABC brother. It all comes down to ABC.

There we go! That's the breakthrough people are always waiting for.

Did ya here that guys?!?! We're planning a weddin'! Someone send that guy some fresh Veg for his special day!
You're absolutely right. Top to bottom of the skill sheet. I got this.
I'll probably get murdered if I wear Veg. :ROFLMAO:

Don't encourage him! :ROFLMAO:

You're absolutely right. Top to bottom of the skill sheet. I got this.
I'll probably get murdered if I wear Veg. :ROFLMAO:

Don't encourage him! :ROFLMAO:
have you actually tried the Veg? if not you have to try it to find out if you are Chosen.

Back