The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Turkeys fly, fyi, WKRP notwithstanding. Lots of them around where I live, and not just at home. It's quite a site to see them roosting in the trees. That's not gonna help Ben any, but I thought I'd share some useless info.
My wife and I watched a turkey mother and her five youngsters flutter from tree to tree a couple of years ago. It was pretty cool.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick G-8
  • Blade: Schick Proline, new
  • Brush: Stirling 24mm boar :love:
  • Soap: 3017
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Bootleggers Arctic Lime
  • Frag: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
  • Music: Pears - Green Star
I've ruffled my partner's feathers this morning by suggesting that he did nothing last shift, which is 100% accurate. Maybe that'll light a fire under him. The dude didn't even put gloves on for half of our calls. Now that I've gotten the negativity out of the way. My captain is telling us that his very long meeting yesterday went very well. Anyway. Venessa is home and it was fun being around her again. She's super annoying, but what significant other isn't super annoying. She brought back a set of beer glasses for me...along with stuff for me to take with me when I go back home. I hate being a mule. But yeah, it's nice having my lady back.

3017 is going well. I think it's about 50% gone, so maybe a couple of more weeks of very heavy loading. I decided to give the Prolines another try. This time I loaded a blade into a keyed tuck so that I minimize the chance of the edge getting nicked. It went super well. After all the talk about Stirling brushes I pulled my boar out. I always say that I need to use it more often, but never do because I have 25 brushes. I'm BBS- this time. A heavy splash of Arctic Lime after some alum to stop the bleeding on my neck. A couple of spritzes of Pour Homme and I smell phenomenal.

No picture. Use your imagination.

It's been a while since I listened to Pears. The energy was very appreciated this morning.

It's going to be a great day, Cadre. We've got a couple of things to do today other than run calls, and it's a cooler day at 64°F. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a wonderful Thursday.

Telling off the partner, Stirling boar, your lady home ... and wrapping up with poor homey?

Life is good indeed!
Life is phenomenal today, actually everyday.

Yeah, I'm an ass, but I'm a famous ass. :ROFLMAO: 🤪

I'll see your Dodge van and raise you one Dajiban

That's definitely a thing the Japanese would do. And it's awesome and ingenious!

Back