The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Karve OC C plate
  • Blade: GSB, new
  • Brush: DS Cosmetic thing, 26mm boar
  • Soap: 3017
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chilly Clubman
  • Frag: Penhaligon's Sartorial
  • Music: Movements - Outgrown Things
I just got to work and there's already stupid stuff going on. You guys get to witness my dive into lunacy. This crap is getting old, really old. I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record, guys. Today is the day I decided that it's time to leave. Every department has its issues, but things seem to be getting worse, not better. Just gotta ride it out until I find a new landing spot.

Back to the 3017ing. The lather seemed to die on me after the second pass, which might explain the bloody mess that ensued. I'm blaming the knot, which still needs a lot of breaking in. Otherwise, I'm BBS-. Chilly Clubman is slightly chillier, if that's a word, I know it isn't. I added another 4 drops of WS-23, it needs more still, but it's better. A moderate dose of Penhaligon's Sartorial and I'm off to work to do fire prevention stuff.

PSX_20191015_054326.jpg

I opted to share something a little less violent today. This is absolutely millennial music, which is to say that I feel that my generation is a lot more open to talking about feelings for therapeutic purposes. There is a stark difference between my dad's generation of EMS and mine. We're learning that holding in our thoughts and feelings about the horrific things we see and hear is severely detrimental to our mental health. I've jumped off on a tangent of a tangent. Anyway, this is a good band.

I've cool down a little since I started typing, but I still think it's time for a move. I have three options, and I'm going to consider them very hard because I don't like the idea of being the typical EMS nomad, wherever I land next is going to be where I retire from. Anyway, I feel like I've only complained today. My bad. I know you guys don't mind, but it's a lot of negativity. I'll be more positive and upbeat tomorrow, I promise! :D Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre. Have a wonderful whatever day it is.

It's gradually showing. I just gotta run a couple of calls to get in the zone and forget this nonsense and remember how much fun I have doing my job.

I try not to vent much on here because it’s an open forum. Ya know ... Gen X. But that’s just me. You can always call if you need an ear.

I hear you. I've gotten better about not putting it up on the popular social media sites. I'm gradually getting better at just letting things go without needing to vent.

Can't blame ya Ben. As the over used saying went in the 90's. It's hard to fly like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys.

Turkeys fly, fyi, WKRP notwithstanding. Lots of them around where I live, and not just at home. It's quite a site to see them roosting in the trees. That's not gonna help Ben any, but I thought I'd share some useless info.

Turkeys fly, fyi, WKRP notwithstanding. Lots of them around where I live, and not just at home. It's quite a site to see them roosting in the trees. That's not gonna help Ben any, but I thought I'd share some useless info.
Dude, I'm full of useless information. You're just adding to the pile. No complaints! :ROFLMAO:

Glad you made that decision. We could have suggested it, but you’ll be more satisfied in the long run having thought it up all yourself. I know you’ll do great wherever you land...because you love the job!

I've never heard that in my life
Dave is from a slightly older generation...I’ve never heard it either. :p

Back