The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Welcome back and nice brush recovery for the BBS!

Have a great weekend hermano!
Thanks, Tim. Just got go with the punches. You have a good one too, you bilingual Texan you!

| | <----- Ben's lane
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
I'm actually going to move all my stuff into my lane so that it doesn't upset anybody when I have to leave for anything.

So ... you’re not coming up for the Red River Shootout?
Dude. I wish. I've been dreaming of going since middle school.

Ohhhh I see...I thought you meant “I’m back” as in to work. You meant back on here though, got it! ;)
It actually hasn't occurred to me that I keep saying that when I write up my entries at work. Haha. My bad. We're on the same page now.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Gillette red tip
  • Blade: Treet Silver, new
  • Brush: Local Gent "Valkyrie", 24mm badger boar mix
  • Soap: B&M Lavanille
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, B&M Lavanille
  • Music: Issues - Beautiful Oblivion
It's Sunday. We spent 4 days away and things are broken and missing. Nobody can be bothered to do preventative maintenance on anything, but we can't afford to have stuff out of service. It's like staying staring at a rock and expecting it to turn into a steak dinner. But I'm staying in my lane and I'm sitting in a metaphorical burning building. Hopefully that metaphor stays a metaphor. Alright, I'm done. Whatever. The new fire truck gets here tomorrow, and we'll be running two ambulances and two engines as soon as we get our damn truck back. I think that's about it. Oh yeah Venessa is in Vegas doing whatever.

This is actually a throwback to my very first journal entry. It's weather like this that really reminds me of my grandpa and this scent in particular. It was a great shave. I missed a couple of spots, but I'm thrilled with the shave. BBS-

PSX_20191013_101320.jpg

I can't get enough of this album. The song above is one of the softer songs. Great stuff.

I'm off to improvise the rest of the shift. It's gonna be interesting. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a great Sunday.

Yes and no. It came with a finest badger knot, new, that was shedding like it was going it out of style. I put in the Maggard 50/50.

Have fun staying in your lane and doing whatever! Though Vanessa’s doing whatever sounds more fun...
Today's lane consists of helping my captain type up an email so that he stops getting yelled at. A worthy lane. It takes a big man to ask for help.

I hope you get a t-shirt from Vegas.
I'm pretty cool with a couple of days of me time.

Nice simple shave! I preach maintenance to my son, and he ran my Camry out of oil. Some folks just don’t soak up the importance.

Nice simple shave! I preach maintenance to my son, and he ran my Camry out of oil. Some folks just don’t soak up the importance.
"That's not my problem" culture runs rampant here, and it's nobody's problem until it breaks and somebody has to answer for it. If it were up to me, we'd fix everything ourselves and on a schedule.

It is when it's easy to fix these problems. I want to fix things, this is a fire department, it's what we do.

"That's not my problem" culture runs rampant here, and it's nobody's problem until it breaks and somebody has to answer for it. If it were up to me, we'd fix everything ourselves and on a schedule.
Good thing you don't have any of those dumb lazy maintenance guys. They never get anything done.

I used my work kit this morning. Gillette adjustable, setting 8, 7 o'clock SharpEdge, Ever Ready 100 I think it is. Decent shave. It was kinda relaxing doing my morning routine at work.

All of that because of my skills testing for the potential part time gig. I think I surprised the tester by knowing the registry skills sheet for intubation. It went very well. The written exam looked freakishly familiar...because I've taken it before; it was my protocol test for my department, because both departments have the same medical director. I also have people in good places speaking very well of me. I have an interview on the 29th.

Back