The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Gillette ball-end tech
  • Blade: ???
  • Brush: DS Cosmetic, 26mm boar
  • Soap: 3017
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chilly Clubman
  • Music: Issues - Beautiful Oblivion
So I got in trouble yesterday because I beat my EMS captain's timeline for enabling technology for accessibility of necessary forms. He really doesn't like it when I do things before he's ready, or when I have better idea, or when I have ideas period. Whatever. I played nice and apologized for doing his job for him. After that I caught up with my preceptor to get the information that I missed; I got most of it, but I'll have to ask nicely for some help from the company. That's pretty much all I did yesterday. Today I'm doing the usual stuff, but also going over our protocols for stuff that I know is outdated and missing.

Same 3017 soap. The jectah is running a little ragged so I grabbed the tech. It wasn't as efficient as I thought so I finished up with the Rockwell. There's a noticable amount of the soap missing from use. Much progress, I give it another month. I'm BBS- today and I smell great. Burning Barbershop to finish.

No picture, at this point I think you've all seem what I'm working with. Use your imagination.

This album is dope.

I'm off to do my job. It's going to be a great day. I wish you all a wonderful whatever day it is. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

3 razors in one shave hm? :ROFLMAO:

So I got in trouble yesterday because I beat my EMS captain's timeline for enabling technology for accessibility of necessary forms. He really doesn't like it when I do things before he's ready, or when I have better idea, or when I have ideas period.
:rolleyes:

Quit being so dang adaptable and efficient! :ROFLMAO:

I feel the same way about the Beatles
I also feel the same way about the Beatles. I recognize their importance in music history, but the music doesn't wow me. Same with Metallica and Pantera and probably a few other iconic bands.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Karve, OC C plate
  • Blade: Treet Silver, new
  • Brush: TDR rosewood thing with Whipped Dog 24mm pure badger
  • Soap: Black Ship Grooming Two Bits
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Chilly Clubman
  • Music: Citizen - Open Your Heart single
It's Friday and I'm finally back on and catching up with what I missed during my work week and whatever I missed before that. I feel like I missed a lot, including @GearNoir's trip to the South, which is oddly nowhere close to being as South as where I'm from. After getting told to stay in my lane, I am indeed staying in my lane; the shift as a whole has decided to not do anything productive to help the cause. We're gonna let the leadership carry the burden of all the problems exactly how they want. Anyway. Last shift also brought us a grass fire in a neighboring city, which went reasonably well.

I'm getting a much needed haircut today, so I decided to go with the theme and abandon the 3017 for today. I grabbed Two Bits from the passaround box and I have no regrets. This smells great. I had some serious issues with the WD knot; it's just too floppy to be any good for me. I'm gonna try to take it out and reuse the handle. I used the blue Wild West Brushworks to finish the shave. It was night and day difference. I think I talked about it a little more in the video. I'm at BBS- for today. Finished with some Thayer's and chilly Clubman.

PSX_20191011_092029.jpg

I felt like listening to Citizen today, a departure from the previous shaves soundtracks of Save Face and Issues. It's a nice change of pace that I feel just about everybody can listen to.

Gotta finish cleaning up the apartment, wash, grab some wet food for the cades. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre. I wish you all a great beginning of the weekend.

Have a good shift Ben!

Really? Where’s that?
I'm going to work today?! JK. I'm off until Sunday.

Where the lowest star is, approximately. I think that particular star is in Pharr, but it's just a few miles away from my mom's house. It's a literal thing for me. The South will always be the South because it was the South before Texas joined the United States.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191011-114917~2.png
    Screenshot_20191011-114917~2.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 3
Back