The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Rusting blade?! :sick: Never had one get more than a couple spots fortunately...was it bad?

Always nice when SWMBO likes a product you use!

Rusting blade?! :sick: Never had one get more than a couple spots fortunately...was it bad?

Always nice when SWMBO likes a product you use!
There was a spot on the top and a little corrosion around the middle hole. I've had worse. I'm still surprised that it made it this far. I could actually probably still use it, but I have 100 getting here on Monday, so it's not a bother.

Scott started that when he released the Icarus base. Something about letting your imagination determine what you think you smell. I'd prefer a list of notes, but whatever.

One comment was the soap was supposed to be a Sauvage clone.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4
  • Blade: Treet Silver (1)
  • Brush: Grizzly Bay 26mm something
  • Soap: Barrister and Mann 42
  • Aftershave: Barrister and Mann 42
  • Music: Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down
Happy Mother's Day to all your special ladies! I'm 370 miles from my mom, but she knows I love her. Unrelated to today's date, my blades came in 3 days early. Hooray!

We're going back to the last metal stuff setup because it has been the best setup I've had so far.

I think the Grizzly Bay brush might actually be 28mm, but I forgot. There's actually a lot that I forgot about this brush. I'm not super fond of the knot or the handle. A jellyfish had more backbone than this knot. The handle is a little awkward in my hand, but it might be because I have smaller hands.

It's almost Towel Day! I fell in love with the idea of this theme instantly, and my imagination did not fail me. Every note is perfect. InInindsight I could've used something more floral, but I'm always blind. Damn astigmatism to hell!

Today yielded a damn fine shave. Everything worked harmoniously to provide a shave every non-wet shaver wild be jealous of. I had a single weeper, not a big deal. No irritation. I even put on the matching EdT.

PSX_20190511_220607.jpg

Further Seems Forever is Chris Carrabba's first band if I remember correctly. This band packs more of a punch than Dashboard Confessional and really brings out Chris' intensity. They got a new singer after Chris left, but he has since returned to the band.

I hope everybody is having a great Sunday!

Mine could be better for sure but i am more of a nightowl naturally. If i could just work nights i'd probably be pretty happy for now.

• Blade: Treet Silver (2)
  • Brush: Brush: Rick Montalvo "Pea Soup" with Maggard 26mm 2 band SHD fan knot
  • Soap: Declaration Grooming Fourth & Pine
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Declaration Grooming Fourth & Pine
  • Music: Set Your Goals - This Will Be The Death Of Us
Alas, my work week has begun, and what a work week it will be. I work today, do paramedic school immediately after for 12 hours, work Friday, and another 12 hours of paramedic school stuff. I actually don't mind because I shot myself in the foot to get myself in this situation. It's going to be a great day.

Same metal stuff++

You guys already know that I love this knot. I get a great lather from it every single time and it's ridiculously soft. I highly recommend it if you're into fans and badger, or wanting to try it out.

I had originally planned on wearing something a little more seasonal because it's lawn day at my central station, but I have since been moved to station 2, where there is no lawn. Still, I smell good.

The shave was a little rushed because I had a hard time getting out of bed and everything was pushed back about 10 minutes. An uneventful damn fine shave ensued. The blade tugged a bit on the first pass, but I'm chalking that up to 3 days growth. The other passes went smoothly. I actually forgot to put Thayer's on in the rush to get out the door. Oh well, the aftershave is some of the finest I have in my den.

PSX_20190515_080723.jpg

Today's music was picked because it's fun. After Monday's union meeting I realized that I need to have more fun at work. It's stressful as hell dealing with all the changes that are happening, with a new city manager in place, and a new chief coming. I just need to go back to the basics: fun. This album in particular is what I needed to get going this morning. I haven't heard anything about Set Your Goals recently, as they've taken an indefinite hiatus that has lasted several years. Such is life.

Happy hump day, fine people of the cadre. Try to have as much fun as your superiors will allow, then a little more because they're not your moms! Thanks for reading.

Alas, my work week has begun, and what a work week it will be. I work today, do paramedic school immediately after for 12 hours, work Friday, and another 12 hours of paramedic school stuff.
And this is how Friday night Ben got the nickname "Shaky"

Eww Mondays...literally and figuratively.

Hope the work week kicks off well.
They're not that bad. Haha

And this is how Friday night Ben got the nickname "Shaky"
Hey now, I've been starting IVs for about 4 years. I got that nickname when I started! 🤣

Those sound like some long days Ben. Keep cranking the good tunes and you'll get through just fine! :cool:
Thanks, Steve. It's a necessary evil that isn't even really that evil. I enjoy this stuff, so it's not a chore.

• Blade: Polsilver (2)
  • Brush: West Coast Shaving Deranged Edition 24mm Ghost knot
  • Soap: Barrister and Mann Reserve Waves
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Barrister and Mann Reserve Waves
  • Music: Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! - Pardon My French
And so begins the Friday of my work week, with all kinds of nonsense happening before I even get to work. Oh well. I accomplished what I needed yesterday, so Saturday paramedic stuff isn't necessary. Hooray, I get to enjoy my 4 days off!

The last Treet started spotting on the edge, so I tossed it. Not a big deal. Polsilver comes in the relieve late in the game. I already know this combination works, so it's going to be good.

We're going back to the fianceé's anniversary gift brush because it's going to be used with a birthday gift. It works and it's cool, nothing much more to it than that.

My fiancee got Waves for me after I made her smell the sample that came with a Barrister and Mann order. She instantly loved it. I actually had her pick today's scent and I offered this first, and the result is in the pudding or whatever. She has enabled my addiction.

I accidentally almost got a bbs shave today. Frankly, it's always an accident when something cool happens for me because I really don't plan things at all. Irritation free, and my blood stayed where it's supposed to be. The combination of Thayer's, which I remembered to put on this time, and the splash was a really good idea; my face is stupid soft and supple.

PSX_20190516_230425.jpg

I'm going to finish the week off strong and fun. Chunk is a French "easycore" band. The premise of easycore is hardcore breakdowns, pop punky, and not nearly as much screaming as hardcore. There's a better way to structure the last sentence, but I'll leave it the way it is. They have a bunch of catchy tunes that fit with my fun theme of the week. This album in particular I feel is more fun than their others.

I guess today is also literally a Friday, and I apologise for forgetting. I have a GCS of 2 most days. (A rare medical joke!) Anyway, have a wonderful day, y'all. Sorry, my Texas slipped out. Let's get the weekend started right!

Back