The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Quick check in.

I shaved today. I used a really cool razor from the passaround box, and the usual 3017 stuff. Nothing crazy happened.

I've been screwing up one of my straights with the 400 Super Stone for fun/trying to get it fixed. It's actually kinda getting fixed with all this grinding and destruction. It's not pretty anymore...for the moment, but I'll get it back to normal soon enough.

Still no phone call from the damn principal. At least I've got this razor and stone keeping me from being on edge.

I think that's about it. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick EverSharp G-8
  • Blade: Supply, new
  • Brush: Pea Soup
  • Soap: Institut Karite Extra Gentle
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Skin Bracer
  • EdP: None today
  • Music: One Fell Swoop - Last Minute Living EP
I figured that I would do a proper entry today as I sit by the damn phone waiting for my fate. In the mean time, I'm washing clothes and keeping myself busy with the new stones. I already took out some major imperfections that I had in one of my pocket knives that got there after I used a commercial carbine sharpener. I guess the sharpener isn't too bad, but it left a jagged mess along the sides of the edge; they're gone now. And now that I have a 1000 grit stone I can get to setting the bevel on that. As I type this I am also rendering a new video that is being exported by a new piece of software. There's nothing super wrong with Windows Movie Maker, but it kept crashing for a little bit, forcing me to look for something else. This new thing is pretty cool, but has a lot more than I need, and I think it might take longer too.

Nothing really special about the shave. It was nice to use a badger again. The jectah did its thang. That's pretty much it. I think the soap might last about another 2 months, so I guess aside from trying to 3017 the damn thing, it's a decent value.

IMG_20191003_122219.jpg

Another dead band, but it's a good one...for younger kids. I love the frequent tempo changes and the chaos. The band changed their name after this and still remained chaotic until the end.

I'll have the video uploaded as soon as possible. It's also being rendered in 4k, which is a new thing, assuming that the rendering is successful and nothing is altered in the process. You'll also notice that there are a lot of white balance issues. My bad. I'm gonna look into getting that fixed in future videos. I tried fixing it with this new software, but it didn't really help aside from darkening the video so it doesn't hurt the eyes as much. Again, sorry. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre. Have a wonderful day!

Good shave!

iMovie FTW! Simple n easy.
iNohaveApplestuff 🤣 the closest thing I have is a flavor of Linux. That being said, this new thing is pretty easy, but it's also easy to get lost in all the options and effects. It's clearly meant for filmmakers, not so much shave videos. Lol

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
  • Razor: Schick EverSharp G-8
  • Blade: Supply (1)
  • Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts, 30mm boar
  • Soap: Institut Karite Extra Gentle
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Skin Bracer
  • EdP: D.S. & Durga Burning Barbershop
  • Music: Big Boi - Boomiverse
What a morning. I brought Flat Spider with me to work, and boy have we worked. We inherited a disaster this morning. Medic 2 had a flat tire and the generator on my truck kept turning off. Naturally we spent all morning troubleshooting the problems and fixing them. Things are running a lot better now. I also finally got clarity on my school station l situation. Turns out my case got lost in the director's weeds. I have to go back and do the three reports that I didn't do. That's it. Not even a big deal. I'm getting a counseling notice for my failure to do something that I didn't know I had to do, but I'm okay with that. Easy fix. Once I get that taken care of, I get cleared to take my final final exam. Once I pass that, I'm free. I'm pumped.

Usual shave performance. I went with the ease and speed of the jectah due to yesterday's experience. I cut out 5 minutes of my routine. I'm not sure what the difference is, though. I chased and was rewarded with BBS. Thayer's, Skin Bracer, and Burning Barbershop to finish. I smell good.

No picture. It's pretty much the same as yesterday's.

Fair warning, there are a couple of n bombs in the song I posted above. If that offends you, I'm sorry. It's one hell of a catchy melody, and you'll probably recognize it from a few TV commercials. I used to listen to quite a few lesser known rappers found on DatPiff, but I got away from that a few years ago. I might go back because despite the stark contrast in culture, I actually appreciate the different perspective and ways of life. We all have the same end destination, but the journey is always different, and that's beautiful.

It's lunchtime and I need a nap; it's Friday, so I can nap for the rest of the day if I so chose. I'll probably take an hour nap then study the rest of the day until bedtime. Thanks for reading my nonsense, Cadre. I wish you all a wonderful beginning of the weekend.

I have to go back and do the three reports that I didn't do. That's it. Not even a big deal. I'm getting a counseling notice for my failure to do something that I didn't know I had to do, but I'm okay with that. Easy fix. Once I get that taken care of, I get cleared to take my final final exam. Once I pass that, I'm free. I'm pumped.
Flat Spider brought you good luck!

Back