The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

What the......paramedic can't read an EKG? I'll just take Lyft to the hospital please.

Fortunately, he no longer has to do patient care. Unfortunately, he's in charge of EMS for the department.

Institut Karite
Oh. I don't think it's new, just not popular by any stretch. There's really nothing flashy about it, except maybe that it has a lot of shea butter, but that's not really special. It has a nice powdery scent, and performs decently enough. You can get tons better for the price of about $15 on Amazon. It gets the job done.

Pre-shave: Warm shower and coconut and coffee scrub
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (yellow packaging), new
Brush: That Darn Rob, rosewood thingy with Whipped Dog 24mm pure badger
Soap: Institut Karite Extra Gentle
Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Pinaud Clubman
EdT: Penhaligon's Sartorial
Music: Sugarcult - Start Static

The formatting stuff doesn't seem to be working today. Oh well. Day two of learning how to fix my ambulance, but it's going to be a short day. I bought a subscription for cool fire department shirts and my shirt is supposed to be delivered today, and it miraculously is in Jacksonville, Arkansas, so I'm not sure what the heck is going on. Still nothing back from school. I'm getting impatient, but I've been reminded several times over the period of being enrolled that they don't take kindly to being told that they suck and like it even less when you tell them to do better. My hands are tied.

A new brush to the kit today. My knots are finally here, and this was the one that I was most excited to try. This is absolutely not what I expected from a pure badger knot. It is easily the most floppy knot I've ever day, and I'm not sure what to make of it; it's also easily the softest. This knot might be relegated to bowl lathering or I don't even know because of how little backbone it has. During the course of my shave I had to reload after every pass because it was barely picking up soap. Maybe if I use a softer soap? I dunno. A couple of nicks going atg on my neck, but they're slowly not becoming prevalent anymore. I'm sitting DFS- today, maybe because of the lack of proper lather, which I could've worked on if I had more time. Some Thayer's and Clubman to soothe my face. And a couple dozen spritzes of Sartorial because this smells just as incredible as Burning Barbershop.

PSX_20190926_080153.jpg

A little 2000's mainstream pop punk to get me going today.

I think that's it. I'm stopping myself here because if I don't I'll keep going and going and going and going. You get the idea. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a strong day.

Shame about that knot being floppy. Sometimes you can choke up on the knot with your fingertips to firm it up, maybe that will help you get more soap loaded.

So frustrating! I’m frustrated for ya man!

Are the shirts coming stuff you can wear on station? Or just casual stuff?

Back