The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Well, very accurate, the answer is Kung Poa Chicken!
Why are you poaing the chicken?!

So you putting up another door then when you go home ?

For rain shedding without getting sweaty, I got 2 words for you = Frogg Toggs
I can almost guarantee that I'll end up doing that because nobody else "can."

Unfortunately I'm limited to what the department gives me. BUT I can wear that while I'm installing doors at the in-laws house! 🤣

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Karve, OC C plate
  • Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, new
  • Brush: The green TDR boar
  • Soap: Institut Karite Extra Gentle
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Pinaud Clubman, Stirling City Slicker balm
  • Music: Save Face - Merci
Y'all, there's a tropical storm. It's pretty bad out north of my area. The city I work in wasn't too bad the last I heard. But the other parts of SETX are devastated, and I hear that also extends into SWLA. I don't think anybody anticipated this event. This is turning out to be a little more like Harvey than I'd like to admit, but Harris County and the counties immediately surrounding Harris are a lot better prepared this time. It's good to see that something positive came from the tragedy that was Harvey. It's going to be a long night, but I think the worst is over. Of course this all obliterated my plans to go home for my sister's birthday, but I can go see her in a couple of weeks.

My OC C plate came in. I lathered up and went to work. This plate is noticably more aggressive than the solid bar version. My wtg pass was uneventful and smooth, but I started getting some problems over I started the other passes. A handful of weepers opened up with each of the subsequent passes and I could feel the irritation piling up with each stroke. I did chase despite the abnormally excessive irritation, but I figured my face was already inflamed and couldn't get any worse. I tossed on two helpings of Thayer's for the anti-inflammatory properties. A large helping of Clubman resulted a gnarly alcohol burning sensation. For good measure I grabbed City Slicker to help calm my face. I grabbed this balm in particular because it has a notoriously weak scent. The proof is in the pudding, as I can still smell Clubman pretty strong. Oh yeah, proper BBS for the first time ever. I went full atg on my neck to get that awkward direction of growth.

Pretend I reposted yesterday's picture and Photoshopped the Karve in there.

I found Save Face yesterday while I was browsing the randomness that is YouTube. I get a Weezer vibe mixed with early 2000's commercial pop punk. I can dig it.

I think that's about it. I'm watching The Weather Channel to keep up with the devastation that Imelda is leaving behind. These next couple of weeks are going to suck for the area, but we always bounce back. Have a great evening, Cadre. Thanks for reading.

Thanks, Don. Hopefully this storm stays away from your side of Louisiana.
I know the people over by Lake Charles are receiving a serious amount of rain right now. A lot of flooding going on. Interstate on I-10 is closed in that area as the water is coming over the road. We are expected to get some rain bands from it...but nothing serious in the Baton Rouge area. I think the Cajun Navy is headed that way to help out in the Lake Charles area and in Texas. I HATE flooding. It's so destructive. Be safe my brother!

Ben, Don't you know Imelda HATES music because of what it did to her family? Why are you listening to it on the YouTubes? lol

All kidding aside Stay safe and hopefully you can at least kinda enjoy a weekend at home.

Quick entry without the usual format.

I just did a one pass shave. Started with the Weck Sextoblade and got really crumby tugging for some reason so I grabbed the Cornell to finish up. Some Clubman with more WS-23 added did the trick. It's definitely a little cooler now, but could still use a bit more.

This was meant to be a utility shave and I got it. Just something to take the fuzz off for the night.

We're going over to the West side of town to have Thai food with Venessa's sister and brother-in-law because we haven't seen them in a while. That's about it. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a great night.

Back