The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: the adjustable jectah that I have
  • Blade: Schick B-20 (1), Supply (I don't know anymore)
  • Brush: The new TDR boar brush
  • Soap: Institut Karite Extra Gentle
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Pinaud Clubman
  • Music: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3
Yesterday wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. No harm was done in my tardiness, but my future is still uncertain. I really shouldn't worry about it like @HMan suggests because it's out of my control. The past should be a pretty good indicator because it usually takes this lady weeks to get back to people for whatever reason. Oh. Apparently there's a tropical storm hitting me right now, which is news to me.

Now that I'm not late for work I have time for science! I decided to crank the aggressiveness all the way up with the Proline blade to see if that would help. Nope. Nothing has helped this poor blade. I did a wtg pass and it left behind the vast majority of my growth. I even tried flipping it just in case it was upside down again. Nope. So I gave up and slipped the Supply back in. Night and day difference. I don't know what the problem could be. Anyway, my usual shave yielded BBS-, it wouldn't have taken much effort to get closer, but I opted to take it easy. This soap is stupid hard, so I'll probably start blooming it to soften it up so I'm not using it for the next 28 years.

No picture because I don't know, I was in need of a nap.

News in the 3017 department, I think I'm going to give myself a break on Sundays to break the monotony of using one soap. I think that's a fair compromise with my other 37 personalities who don't want to only use this soap until it's done.

Thank you all for the support yesterday and today. You guys really did help quite a bit. @MilkCrate, do you offer a monthly rate? 🤣

I gotta get back to distracting myself with my celebrity crush Tina Fey in 30 Rock. Don't judge me. But seriously, thank you all again. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a wonderful rest of the day.

Last edited:
Yea...once I started trying other soaps than the ones I started with, I found it really hard to stick to just one.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick Dial
  • Blade: Supply (n+1)
  • Brush: Easter
  • Soap: Institut Karite Extra Gentle
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Pinaud Clubman
  • Music: Stick To Your Guns - True View
I got to work on time today! It's still raining and it's expected to continue all week. I don't think anybody expected anything to come of the low pressure system that was hanging out off the coast that magically decided it was going to turn into a tropical storm and dump rain on us. PD has graciously parked one of their high water rescue vehicles at my station for whatever reason. Anyway. I'm going home this weekend for my sister's birthday and I'm taking Venessa with me so she can take care of some family business. Hopefully she doesn't drive me insane.

The only thing that changed from yesterday's shave is the brush. I've been on a boar kick, so I'm going to ride the wave. The lather wasn't spectacular today, but I'll attribute that to carelessly not hydrating it enough. Overall, a very nice shave. I did somehow forget to go atg under my jaw, but whatever. DFS+. A splash of Clubman to get me smelling clean. It seems the WS-23 isn't nearly as potent anymore so I'll be adding a few more drops in the morning.

PSX_20190918_102645.jpg

I listen to Stick To Your Guns when I'm feeling less than tip-top. They do a good job of reminding me that I'm human and it's okay to have good days and bad. They did a great job of providing some supplemental positivity this morning.

Back to work I go. I'm try to stay dry, but I hate wearing my rain coat because of how suffocating it is. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I wish you all a stupid good and dry day.

Back