The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Gillette NEW LC
  • Brush: That Darn Rob new boar brush that I'm breaking in, again, the green one, though, the other green one
  • Soap: Institut Karite Extra Gentle
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, the last of the Avon Tai Winds that I had in the 64 Mustang
  • Music: Royal Coda
Yesterday was a huge mess in terms of college football and for those participating in the Cadre fantasy pool. Today I'm tasked with assembling the last night stand because Venessa put it out in the living room for me to see, so I guess I'll take the hint. After that, a mandatory online class for traffic management. I forgot to mention that I applied for a part time job at an EMS department in the county that I work in that I have loose ties to. I'd prefer EMS, but I'm also interested in honing my firefighting skills, so I'm also looking at part time fire jobs. We'll see what the future holds.

I've had enough. I'm going to start 3017ing some stuff I hardly use, including this soap. There's nothing wrong with it other than it has been sitting in a drawer, buried for over a year. I'm hoping this will slow down my buying substantially. This soap provided a nice thick lather and was plenty slick. I hadn't used this razor in over a year because of how tarnished it is because I stupidly left it in Simple Green for a few days, so I had no recollection on how well it might shave. I was surprised at how comfortable it was for the first pass, then the aggressiveness showed up. It wasn't bad, but I prefer it to be a little easier on my face. That being said, I had a DFS++. As my aftershave preview suggested, I used up the last of what was in this decanter so I could put something else in it; there was only enough for one use, so I used it.

No picture because this was surprisingly spontaneous.

Royal Coda now has two former Dance Gavin Dance members, and they're two of my favorites. No screaming that I know of, and the music is great, if you're into a little heavier and experimental stuff (not overly, though). Check out the song above if that's up your alley.

I gotta finish this damn course and send out a couple of emails for part time jobs. Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful Sunday, Cadre.

Are these part time jobs in addition to a full time job?

I've had enough. I'm going to start 3017ing some stuff I hardly use, including this soap. There's nothing wrong with it other than it has been sitting in a drawer, buried for over a year. I'm hoping this will slow down my buying substantially.
I've had this thought and attempt. Fair warning..........it can have the reverse effect...................

I've had this thought and attempt. Fair warning..........it can have the reverse effect...................
I'm hoping I can resist. There are plenty of Cadre members that aren't buying every single release. I have plenty of stuff to hold me over. Thanks for the warning! (y)

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick Eversharp G-1
  • Blade: Schick B-20, new
  • Brush: WCS Deranged Edition
  • Soap: Institut Karite Extra Gentle
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Pinaud Clubman
  • Music: none
I have a guy feeling that today is going to be an awful day. It's just one of those gut feelings. To start, I woke up at 7, which is when my shift starts. This is the first time in my life that I haven't been at work on time without a valid excuse. It's a pretty crappy feeling. The really awful feeling is stemming from how long it's taking my school to conduct the investigation into my mistakes. I can only assume that it's worse than I initially thought.

Seeing as how I was already late, I grabbed the easy mode razor and did a quick one pass shave. I sprinkled some WS-23 on top last night, so that one pass was cool. I also took the liberty of putting 8 drops of liquid WS-23 in the 64 Mustang decanter that I filled with I forgot how many ounces of Pinaud Clubman. Yeah, I'm not happy that I didn't get my full routine done, but it's my fault.

No time for a picture.

No time for music.

I've been on edge since last night when I started looking into what I might've missed. I got nothing. They just need to rip the band-aid off already so I can move on with my life one way or another. I hope your day goes better than mine, Cadre. Thanks for reading.

It's a hazard of many jobs. You forget how someone else might really be effected until they get a response.

Back