The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Karve, SB C plate
  • Blade: Treet Silver, new
  • Brush: Stirling 24mm boar
  • Soap: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender
  • Music: A Lot Like Birds - Conversation Piece
Happy whatever day it is. I started the day being called to an accident that I didn't need to go to because nobody bothered asking if anybody was injured. Surprise! Nobody was injured. And I'm off my soapbox. I'm waiting for an email to notify me of my fate in school. Fingers crossed that I just get a slap on the wrist, but I doubt it'll be that easy.

It's Modern Monday. The Karve got tapped because reasons and science. I learned from yesterday and installed a fresh Treet Silver. Unconditional Surrender did its thang. I keep forgetting how great this knot broke in. The tips are so soft. Came away with a reminder that this plate isn't aggressive enough for me, and a DFS. The subtle menthol touch from the splash hit me just right.

PSX_20190909_071458.jpg

A Lot Like Birds has screaming, fair warning. They're quite poetic in their lyrics too, and the music can get a little complicated.

I gotta go back to work now. It's been a day so far. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a stupid great day!

Last edited:
Happy whatever day it is. I started the day being called to an accident that I didn't need to go to because nobody bothered asking if anybody was injured. Surprise! Nobody was injured. And I'm off my soapbox.
What the?? How is a guy supposed to get a nap on the clock with that kinda stuff going on???

I'm not trying to nap, I'm trying to do my station duties so I don't have to do them tonight!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Ball Tip Tech
  • Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, new
  • Brush: Stirling 24mm boar
  • Soap: Barrister and Man Reserve Classic
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Barrister and Mann Reserve Classic
  • Music: The Human Abstract - Digital Veil
It appears that I slept the day away again. Oh well. I finally got a letter back about the ticket I got when I went to visit Tim; I got the go ahead to take a stupid driver's safety class. I'll get that taken care of on my next 4 days off so I don't have to worry about it. Work was a little busier than usual for my side of the city, but no complaints. I don't enjoy when my patients are sick, but I love when I can cheer them up and make them laugh.

It's Tech Tuesday. I ordered my tech last week when I found out that there's a theme week, and it got here just in time. It's in great condition and a perfect candidate for replating. I decided to show this boar some more love because of how often I neglect it. It's really broken in nicely over three past couple of years. I had a little trouble building the lather which is atypical in my experience with the Reserve base. Three passes got me DFS. I'm pretty sure I could've gone for a full atg pass, but my face is still healing from the last time I tried that.

PSX_20190910_091805.jpg

This Human Abstract album is easily my favorite of theirs. They broke up over some differences...and the singer left the band to do electronic music, which is a damn shame. The musicianship is off the charts. The song above is about how the singer feels about being in a very professional band that he perceived had a fan base that would resent him for not being a better musician. I can understand the stress of being in a very different situation, but he killed it. There was a lot of criticism over how the lyrics don't match the music very well, but I don't get that at all.

Venessa is on her way home with food and I have to pretend like I was awake all day. Thanks for reading, Cadre. I hope you all had a wonderful day.

WooHoo ... driver safety class for the win!

I mean ... nice shave!
Dude, that's better than paying $200 because. I'll take it. Haha

Nice shave and read, Ben. Tech's are one of the most solid and dependable DE's, and I love mine.
Thanks, Eric. I have a good feeling about my tech. I'm thinking about maybe thinning my stable and the tech is a contender to stay.

Lady friend with food...that’s the life! :ROFLMAO:
Lol. If I call her a lady friend I will end up sleeping on the couch.

nice shave Ben and I'm digging that song. It's nice to have a song actually take a journey musically along with the lyrics like that.

I miss being able to "accidentally" sleep all day after a shift lol

It's Tech Tuesday. I ordered my tech last week when I found out that there's a theme week, and it got here just in time. It's in great condition and a perfect candidate for replating.
I've replated my favorites and am glad I did. I highly recommend Sportshaving and Back road Gold as replaters. Both are excellent and swift.

Oh well. I finally got a letter back about the ticket I got when I went to visit Tim; I got the go ahead to take a stupid driver's safety class.
Wait a second? Did you tell the officer/deputy/trooper that you are a first responder? If you didn't you should. And if you did...that cop was the biggest jerk-off that there is. It may not be a law...but it's an unwritten rule that you don't give tickets to cops, firemen, and paramedics/EMTs....unless the offense is so egregious. Keep your credential close to your driver's license and give him both next time! That being said...I find it a bit amusing that a Whambulance Driver has to take driver's ed! 🤪

Wait a second? Did you tell the officer/deputy/trooper that you are a first responder? If you didn't you should. And if you did...that cop was the biggest jerk-off that there is. It may not be a law...but it's an unwritten rule that you don't give tickets to cops, firemen, and paramedics/EMTs....unless the offense is so egregious. Keep your credential close to your driver's license and give him both next time! That being said...I find it a bit amusing that a Whambulance Driver has to take driver's ed! 🤪
I subtly dropped that I was a firefighter but he didn't take the hint. It's my fault for speeding, though. I'll own up to it.

I subtly dropped that I was a firefighter but he didn't take the hint. It's my fault for speeding, though. I'll own up to it.
Still...that dude must really hate his job! Firefighters make less than cops do...and just imagine if you showed up to his house because of a fire or a medical emergency...I bet he would feel like a turd. I am not saying that you would hold back...but I know if I was a cop and gave you a ticket and then the next day you showed up at my house because a loved one needed medical treatment...I would feel like an ass!

Back