The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Still...that dude must really hate his job! Firefighters make less than cops do...and just imagine if you showed up to his house because of a fire or a medical emergency...I bet he would feel like a turd. I am not saying that you would hold back...but I know if I was a cop and gave you a ticket and then the next day you showed up at my house because a loved one needed medical treatment...I would feel like an ass!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ my revenge is living well

My understanding is, it would have only been a warning if Ben had actually been wearing pants.
#facts

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick Eversharp G-8
  • Blade: Schick B-20, new
  • Brush: The Prometheus Handcrafts Cloud one that I have
  • Soap: CBL Grassroots Lavender
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Sebum Purple
  • Music: Better Off - Reap What You Sow
I'm present at work. I think. We were supposed to observe a moment of silence in rememberance of 9/11, but got a call, so that went out the window. But to remember. I was in Mrs. Johnson's 6th grade English class, or 2nd Period for me, when I found out. If I remember correctly neither of the towers hadn't collapsed just yet. 18 years later I'm a firefighter and the significance is overwhelming. I now fully understand the radio traffic and corresponding events, and the significance of each transmission from each unit. It's more heartbreaking now.

Alright, enough of the somber stuff. It's Wild Wednesday, so I grabbed my remaining jectah. I wanted to use this combination earlier in the week, but the theme didn't really allow it. These blades came in from Japan and were relatively highly regarded. Grassroots Lavender also came in and I needed to try it out. First off, the scent is quite subtle to my nose. It's very pleasant, but light. As the notes suggest, it's not a straightforward lavender scent. That's all I got for you on the scent. The performance on these blades was garbage. I even flipped it to see if I had it in upside down, no improvement. Swing and a miss! I'll give another couple of the pack a go for scientific reasons, but I'm not hopeful. I grabbed the tech to do a clean up pass. DFS-. Sebum is a bit of a gimmicky product to me, but my face feels nice and it kinda matches Grassroots Lavender.

No picture, I'm lazy today.

Well, I'm aggravated because I was called out to an accident and dispatch proceeded to not answer my requests for further information for the duration of the response. We found out that the accident was in another city...from the department that showed up with us...in their city. This is going to be a nasty email from me. Anyway. I hope everybody has a more pleasant day than I am. Have a great day, Cadre.

Someone needs to be reminded to find joy in getting to drive with the lights and sirens and running red lights.

Unresponsive dispatch? Ew! I guess 2 units showing up is better than none lol.
7 vehicles responded in total. That is better than none, but that had our only engine responding to where they weren't needed, wasting resources.

Someone needs to be reminded to find joy in getting to drive with the lights and sirens and running red lights.
I don't even drive anymore! 🤣

You can blame my partner. He complains when I don't let him drive.

Dude...take it easy on the dispatch...they make less than even you do! 🤪

By the way...is today's music selection wishful thinking on that cop you got a ticket from? :sneaky:

• Razor: Gillette Red Tip, C1
  • Blade: Treet Silver (1)
  • Brush: Rubberset N139, 22mm synthetic badger looking thing
  • Soap: Stone Cottage Vanilla and Vetiver
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Florida Water
  • Music: From First To Last randomly released singles
The work week is over finally. It felt like forever. Not a whole lot to report from the job. I mentioned a couple of things in the video I made that I'll get around to uploading in a few minutes. I actually don't remember what I said anymore. I'm not surprised.

It's Vintage Day so I grabbed my trusty Red Tip because my Slim is at work. I could've grabbed a couple of straights, but I'm just trying to have an easy shave today. The cream is a PIF from @MilkCrate. Thanks again, Tim. My first impression off the tub was that it reminded me of a nursing home, which is what I told Tim. I think it's the vanilla that gave me that impression. I enjoy the scent off the tub, but it smells like a nursing home to me for some reason. But boy did it open up when I loaded up. The vetiver really came out and showed its dirty face and I loved it. The combination of clean and dirty felt a little more dynamic and complex than I expected. That'll show me! The performance was top notch, too. This is easily the best cream I've used to date, although it's only the third one. I finished up DFS+ and threw on some Florida Water. I'm very happy with this shave.

PSX_20190912_152556.jpg

From First To Last is kinda back. I actually forgot about their last two singles until yesterday at work. You know the singer better by his other stage name of Skrillex. Sonny was in the band and left to do electronic music and give his voice a rest. They haven't released anything since, but I can only assume that they have to keep things secretive due to label stuff. Pardon the expletives. You can hear the refinement in production and that is likely due to experience gathered over the years from the bands members and Sonny.

I'm off to upload the video. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre. I hope you're all ready for the weekend, and I'm sure you are.

• Razor: Torrey 4ish/8 and the Cornell that I know nothing about
  • Brush: That Darn Rob new boar brush that I'm breaking in
  • Soap: Central Texas Soaps Mr. Pepper
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Central Texas Soaps Mr. Pepper
  • Music: the sound of some haunting show Venessa was watching while I shaved
I have accomplished nothing today and I'm okay with that. Still no word back on my fate in paramedic school. I'm really liking this having time to watch football again. There are a couple of upsets already, and I'm sure there are going to be a few more.

It's Single Edge Saturday so I figured that I would grab a straight so I could fling it around and give everybody a stroke again. 🤪 I grabbed Mr. Pepper because I never use it and I wanted a fun scent today. Never mind that I always get a little reaction every time I use it. This knot is still shedding quite a bit and I don't remember if this happened to the other TDR boar I have. I'm not worried about it. I lathered up and went to work only to find that the edge wasn't even slightly smooth. The first pass missed a lot and it was tuggy. I grabbed the Cornell to start over and finish, with remarkably positive results. I'm sitting at BBS-. When applying the splash I added three drops of WS-23, and I failed to recognize that the splash already had copious amounts of menthol. My face was burning and freezing at the same time and my eyes watered out of confusion.

PSX_20190914_114749.jpg

Pick up a guitar and make some good music.

Back to watching football. Best of luck to your teams. Thanks for reading. Have a good one, Cadre.

Back