The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

I should add HI to Venessa and when is she going to start using DEs?

Don't makes me go all Adam 12 on ya !! Looking forward to the video 👍
There's an old joke in here somewhere... 🤣

You’re totally right. Sometimes you just have to let people think they’re right. ;)
It's hardly worth the effort when the other person doesn't care enough to keep up with progressive medicine.

I should add HI to Venessa and when is she going to start using DEs?
She has a Lady Gillette that she uses from time to time. She has a Stirling shortie synthetic as her daily driver brush, and a bubblegum pink That Darn Rob with a 26mm Fanchurian. She has a few Stirling samples, A&E Little Things set, and K Shave Worx Watermelon and Lemonade (I think).

I like how this guy thinks!
I'm going to learn one way or another, brother.

She has a Lady Gillette that she uses from time to time. She has a Stirling shortie synthetic as her daily driver brush, and a bubblegum pink That Darn Rob with a 26mm Fanchurian. She has a few Stirling samples, A&E Little Things set, and K Shave Worx Watermelon and Lemonade (I think).
Awesome!

My wife started with a lady gillette. It's now all she uses when she has time. Electric only if she's in a hurry. She even comments on how much better and longer the shave lasts with the Gillette. 👍

Last edited:
  • Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Merkur 37C
  • Blade: Probably a Polsilver, whatever was in the 6S
  • Brush: WCS Deranged Edition, 24mm ghost
  • Soap: Oleo Wayoh
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Oleo Wayoh
  • Music: Delta Sleep - Twin Galaxies
Another day, another dollar. Just finished making sure my truck is adequately stocked, and we're off to pick up my partner's gear. I got an aggravating email from my paramedic school yesterday wanting an explanation for not documenting a run. I was honest in my reply and I'm hoping that'll keep me from getting in too much trouble. Aside from that, nothing much going on. Life is pretty good.

I forgot that I had this razor because it was tucked under my sink in my dopp. This is an experiment because I forgot how aggressive this razor is...because I forgot I had it. I keep forgetting that I have razors, so maybe it's time to unload some? Nah! Anyway. I felt like I needed a little Spicebomb in my life, so Wayoh got tapped. I got DFS++. Not quite as good as I had hoped, but I can't complaint because I smell amazing.

PSX_20190906_234115.jpg

I discovered Delta Sleep last night. They make some good damn decent math rock. No, they don't sing about derivatives. The math refers to complex time changes at seemingly wrong times.

We've had two calls since I started typing this up, and I think that's a sign. Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a wonderful whatever day it is.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and I forgot the apricot scrub today
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S, R6
  • Blade: I don't even know anymore
  • Brush: Rick Montalvo Pea Soup
  • Soap: Purely Skinful Handmade Essentials Barbearshop
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Purely Skinful Handmade Essentials Barbearshop balm
  • Music: the sound of the cats running around
I just woke up from my nap and I'm still exhausted. I was doing plenty of stuff yesterday to keep myself and my partner busy, so no naps happened at all. There was a little excitement at the landfill again, but it turned out to be a permitted burn in a neighboring city.

@Lbkindy had an idea for a themed week of razors, and today is Sunday's best. I grabbed the 6S because once I put the R6 plate on, the world was right again. There's @MilkCrate's Gillette Senator, but it's not mine so I didn't use it. New to the den and it's first use is Barbearshop. It certainly is a barbershop scent, but there's a unique note off the tub that I can only assume is the advertised bear tallow. It's not bad, just unexpected. I did have a little trouble getting a slick and fluffy lather, but I'll blame being tired. Once I did get it better dialed in I got plenty more slickness, but nothing to write home about. Now that I think about it, I owed myself a better shave by using a fresh blade, but it's a little late for that. I got BBS- on the day, just the usual trouble spots on the jawline. What stood out was the scent on the balm, which was the same scent, sans the presumed bear tallow scent, but stronger. Venessa walked in when I applied it and commented on how good it smells and pointed out that I have a little breakout going on. Jerk.

PSX_20190908_145523.jpg

No music today, just needed to shower, shave, and go to sleep without loud noises that are customary to my bathroom.

I have a narrative that I need to finish up, then my day belongs to Venessa. Hopefully she takes mercy on my poor soul. Bolt up! I hope your college and NFL teams are doing/did well this weekend. That sentiment does not extend to @dangerousdon because you know why, Don. Just kidding. Haha. Geaux Tigers for the rest of the season! Have a wonderful Sunday, Cadre. Thanks for reading.

Crazy time sigs drive me crazy. almost as bad as writing in a b#
I kind of enjoy them if they're done tastefully. I listen to a few bands that make it sound like complete randomness, which is hardly ever sounds good.

Back