The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Rockwell 6S
  • Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium, new
  • Brush: Rick Montalvo "Pea Soup," 26mm SHD badger
  • Soap: CBL Soap Cut Tobacco
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Music: The Suicide Machines - Destruction By Definition
Not a lot to do today except take Matilda to the vet. She's pretty healthy, but we need to get her gingivitis under control before it becomes a bigger issue. I hung out with my preceptor yesterday and drank by the pool for a few hours. For being a medical professional, I'm not very smart. Neither of us wore sunscreen, and we're both paying the price today. My legs got the worst of it, which is a very new experience. I got a couple of flashlights in for work so I can see what I'm doing in the dark, should I actually need to do stuff.

I totally forgot that I had the Rockwell. I've been using everything except that thing and I'm not sure why. I guess I got caught up in trying the Karve, Weck, and straight razors. Oops? Top Shelf week had me grab for Cut Tobacco. Man that stuff smells incredible and it performs like a dream, truly top shelf...if I had a shelf to put things on. Seeing as how I've been on an aggressive kick, I used the R5 to see what I can get out of it. The result was a DFS++. No matching splash so I added a drop of WS-23 to Thayer's to finish off the great shave.

No picture because reasons.

The Suicide Machines take me back to high school. There aren't a whole lot of punk rock bands with more talent, youthfulness, and energy

The video is uploading as I type. I'll post it when it's finished. I'm tired of typing now. Have a great even, Cadre. Thanks for reading and watching.

Top Shelf week had me grab for Cut Tobacco. Man that stuff smells incredible and it performs like a dream, truly top shelf...if I had a shelf to put things on.
And sir...why are you not posting in the August Theme Thread if you are doing August Themes! ;)

• Razor: Rockwell 6S, R5, R6
  • Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb
  • Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Stirling Gentleman
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Soap Co. Stirling Gentleman
  • Music: Mighty Mighty Bosstones - A Jackknife To A Swan
The day is here. And I got here literally two minutes late and missed a call. It doesn't sit right with me, but I can't go back in time. Such is life. One of my classmates is here and he's a numbskull. This jack wagon is telling me things that I already know, like I don't still have connections to this department and the company I used to work for. Whatever. It's going to be a great day.

I started with the R5 then switched to the R6 after the first stroke because why not. Stirling is by no means an elite soap, but the scent puts the combination over the top for me. The solid, consistent performance coupled with an incredible scent resulted in a BBS-; I somehow missed a spot on my left cheek. I added a drop of WS-23 to the splash and off I went in a hurry.

PSX_20190828_065114.jpg

This is such an underrated ska album. MMBT will always be known for their 90's hits, but they've put out plenty of good music in the 2000's. Give their newer stuff a listen when you get a second.

I'm off to save the world or whatever. I hope your days started better than mine, Cadre. Thanks for reading.

• Razor: Rockwell 6S, R5, R6
  • Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb
  • Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Stirling Gentleman
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Stirling Soap Co. Stirling Gentleman
  • Music: Mighty Mighty Bosstones - A Jackknife To A Swan
The day is here. And I got here literally two minutes late and missed a call. It doesn't sit right with me, but I can't go back in time. Such is life. One of my classmates is here and he's a numbskull. This jack wagon is telling me things that I already know, like I don't still have connections to this department and the company I used to work for. Whatever. It's going to be a great day.

I started with the R5 then switched to the R6 after the first stroke because why not. Stirling is by no means an elite soap, but the scent puts the combination over the top for me. The solid, consistent performance coupled with an incredible scent resulted in a BBS-; I somehow missed a spot on my left cheek. I added a drop of WS-23 to the splash and off I went in a hurry.

View attachment 8017

This is such an underrated ska album. MMBT will always be known for their 90's hits, but they've put out plenty of good music in the 2000's. Give their newer stuff a listen when you get a second.

I'm off to save the world or whatever. I hope your days started better than mine, Cadre. Thanks for reading.
Ignore the jack wagon! Go get em Ben!
And I got here literally two minutes late and missed a call.
OOOOOOoooooooooooooo! Nope
30453C9B-077B-41B8-BB27-6AC034AD336A.gif

Last edited:
  • Razor: Schick Dial Injector
  • Blade: Supply, new
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts, "Easter" 24mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: WSP Blackbeard
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, WSP Blackbeard
  • Music: Bayside - Vacancy
I am unofficially done well clinicals. I have 3 reports to write tomorrow, and paperwork to submit on Tuesday. Assuming everything is good, and there's no reason for it not to be, I just have a summative exam, and then national testing. It's all downhill from here, the hardest part is over. Tomorrow Matilda goes to get spayed. I'm a little nervous about it, but she's a tough Safety Cat.

The Dial came in yesterday and it only makes perfect sense to use it today. I maxed out the aggressiveness for the first three passes and there were weepers involved. I toned it back to a 5 for the atg pass. I came away BBS for the most part. My jawline will always be a problem, but I got most of that down. A little on Blackbeard. This is a little less holiday-y than Santa's Pipe, but very similar to my nose. To hell with the people who claim that vegan is inferior to tallow. Although there's a bit to be desired in post shave, this is a very solid performer. Two drops of WS-23 in the splash made it all come together.

PSX_20190829_134434.jpg

Another high school band that's still around. I feel like they've had a roller coaster of a career. Their original drummer died in an accident on the way to a show and there was a very obvious change in music afterwards. Some of their albums are just there, but Vacancy feels more complete.

I spent the day looking for Matilda's rabies paperwork and ended up doing some.......spring.......cleaning in the process. I feel less cluttered, I have what I need for tomorrow, and @Dave in KY and @GearNoir are hydrated. I actually don't know that they are, but I kinda figure that they've grown tired of the reminders and actually start hydrated without reminder now.

Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a wonderful evening.

• Razor: Schick Dial Injector
  • Blade: Supply, new
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts, "Easter" 24mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: WSP Blackbeard
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, WSP Blackbeard
  • Music: Bayside - Vacancy
I am unofficially done well clinicals. I have 3 reports to write tomorrow, and paperwork to submit on Tuesday. Assuming everything is good, and there's no reason for it not to be, I just have a summative exam, and then national testing. It's all downhill from here, the hardest part is over. Tomorrow Matilda goes to get spayed. I'm a little nervous about it, but she's a tough Safety Cat.

The Dial came in yesterday and it only makes perfect sense to use it today. I maxed out the aggressiveness for the first three passes and there were weepers involved. I toned it back to a 5 for the atg pass. I came away BBS for the most part. My jawline will always be a problem, but I got most of that down. A little on Blackbeard. This is a little less holiday-y than Santa's Pipe, but very similar to my nose. To hell with the people who claim that vegan is inferior to tallow. Although there's a bit to be desired in post shave, this is a very solid performer. Two drops of WS-23 in the splash made it all come together.

View attachment 8060

Another high school band that's still around. I feel like they've had a roller coaster of a career. Their original drummer died in an accident on the way to a show and there was a very obvious change in music afterwards. Some of their albums are just there, but Vacancy feels more complete.

I spent the day looking for Matilda's rabies paperwork and ended up doing some.......spring.......cleaning in the process. I feel less cluttered, I have what I need for tomorrow, and @Dave in KY and @GearNoir are hydrated. I actually don't know that they are, but I kinda figure that they've grown tired of the reminders and actually start hydrated without reminder now.

Thanks for reading, Cadre. Have a wonderful evening.
Weepers with the Schick Adjustable?! Congratulations on doing the near-impossible! :p

Congratulations on being headed downhill...just remember to take your foot off the gas once in a while, let it coast!

• Razor: The Cornell one that I restored
  • Brush: Prometheus Handcrafts Easter, 24mm Whipped Dog boar
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Lime
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Bootleggers Arctic Lime
  • Music: Have Nots - Proud
Yesterday was a little rough, relatively busy, and plenty stressful. There's nothing like running a chest pain call with my hands tied behind my back because of horrible, archaic protocols. Everything turned out alright, but it was stressful; I have a great working relationship with the doc so he gave me a few points to look for in the future when my hands aren't tied. Then there was a call about some stuff that doesn't need to be aired out. But the final run was where things got kinda fun. I got to wear both of my hats at a rollover. I climbed in to do medical stuff, then do more medical stuff in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Again, everything turned out alright. It feels good to be able to don my gear to do my job safer while...doing my job. My old man was nowhere near my favorite person, but I think he'd be proud of how I handle myself as a professional. This is indeed my calling.

I need a refreshing shave after being in the sun and sweating for a couple of hours, then doing other stuff my job requires. Cold lime and cold lime. @CBLindsay did a damn fine job with this particular selection of lime essential oil, it smells incredible. This brush is quickly climbing the ladder to be my favorite. It was a rough start when I first got this knot, but it's a lather champ and had a phenomenal face feel. I made my own balsa strop and loaded it with chromium oxide on one end and iron oxide on the other. I did about 40 laps on both and got one hell of a keen edge. The proof was in the smoothness of the shave. I didn't even feel the urge to apply pressure and cause irritation. I'm sitting at relative BBS. The continued problem areas are my chin and each end of my mandible, but everything else is pretty easy. A splash of Thayer's followed with a splash of Arctic Lime sorted me out. 40 laps on linen and leather each to finish the experience.

PSX_20190901_123128.jpg

Have Nots are a recent discovery. Ska punk is still alive in my world, and they're proving it.

I don't have a damn thing to do today except finish my reports and take care of my lady. She's been putting up with my nonsense and I'm going to show a little appreciation by taking her out for dinner. It's time for a little nap. Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful Sunday, Cadre.

Last edited:
Watch out folks! Saving lives here!
55B1DFEF-FAA4-455B-9BF5-DF92AAB7EC44.gif

What do you mean restricted treatments? Like just nitro, asa and fluids?

Watch out folks! Saving lives here!
View attachment 8117

What do you mean restricted treatments? Like just nitro, asa and fluids?
My ACS protocol currently only allows me to administer ASA and assist in nitro administration because I'm not a paramedic. Thing is I don't always have a paramedic with me or available to me in a timely manner. I'd like to be and to do a 12 Lead and transmit to receiving for interpretation and orders, but I can't. The patient had pretty widespread ST depression, but the doc said it was old damage. And she had crap veins, otherwise I would've gotten a line on her.

Back