The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Ya! You think I listened when they said I couldn't be southern Texas' prettiest Miss Corn Husker ever!?!? Ok, maybe that's a bad example. But Don had some good ones and he's right.

First off...man that was a great journal posting! I love it when the cadre is feeling passionate or emotional about something because get to see a side that we normally don't get to see. Love it!

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!!! Who the hell is he to decide what you are physically able to accomplish. In my experience, physical ability is rarely the culprit to failure. We beat ourselves. So if you want to get your Haz-Mat Certification...then get your damn Haz-Mat Certification. I know you have to work with the guy...buy use his negativity to fuel your fire. I have done a ton of things in my life that people have only read about in books. I have accomplished many things in the military and in my personal life that most would run away from. I may not be the man I used to be...but damn it...those are my experiences. Mr. The Duck...make your own damn experiences and tell the rest of the world to sod off. You think those guys who make it through BUDS training and become Navy SEALS listen to all the negativity that surrounded them? Absolutely not. You think the Special Forces guy in that green beret listen to all the negativity before he went to his training? Hell NO! You think those Air Force Combat Controllers (@HandleBarberDave ) listen to those that say that getting that downed pilot is futile? Nope. You think that Marine Corps Force Recon guy says that there is no way he can get back to the lines? That is a big HELL NO!!! Only you can determine if a training, job, certification, position is for you. The rest of the world can just GO AWAY!!!

Sorry for the rant about your rant. But these are the things I hate most in this world.

By the way...excellent shave! 🤪

Preach it brother Don!

Carry on Ben! Oh ... and nice shave

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Senator
  • Blade: I don't remember
  • Brush: Mozingo in pink, 50/50 badger/boar
  • Soap: Mystic Water Raspberry Lemon
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Soap Commander Gusto
  • Music: Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue
Happy Friday, Cadre! I've been a lot more active on here than I anticipated. It's been a busier day then the others, but I'm cool with it. I'm well rested. Chief sent me home yesterday to rest. I'm glad he did because I slept 6 hours when I got home from work. I then proceeded to sleep through the night without a stir until 545. In other news, I am officially a certified fireduck. I think that's all the news I have for today.

I'm starting to feel guilty that the Senator hasn't been used very much, so I'll be sending it home pretty soon, probably next week. I don't remember what blade I have in it, but I got a damn decent shave in. @Dave in KY, His Hydratedness, gracefully provided me with this sample. I had a hell of a time getting this stuff lathered up. I'll learn how to use samples eventually. I didn't get a decent lather until the third pass and the fifth or sixth dip back into the bowl. I ended up with a BBS-. Thayer's and Gusto did a damn good job of fixing me up.

No picture, I was lazy as hell this morning.

Knocked Loose is brutal, so don't listen to them unless you want to hear a bunch of perceived noise. This is their latest album, released at midnight. It's a banger in my books.

I'm gonna get back to typing up reports. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

• Razor: Gillette Senator
  • Blade: I don't remember
  • Brush: Mozingo in pink, 50/50 badger/boar
  • Soap: Mystic Water Raspberry Lemon
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Soap Commander Gusto
  • Music: Knocked Loose - A Different Shade of Blue
Happy Friday, Cadre! I've been a lot more active on here than I anticipated. It's been a busier day then the others, but I'm cool with it. I'm well rested. Chief sent me home yesterday to rest. I'm glad he did because I slept 6 hours when I got home from work. I then proceeded to sleep through the night without a stir until 545. In other news, I am officially a certified fireduck. I think that's all the news I have for today.

I'm starting to feel guilty that the Senator hasn't been used very much, so I'll be sending it home pretty soon, probably next week. I don't remember what blade I have in it, but I got a damn decent shave in. @Dave in KY, His Hydratedness, gracefully provided me with this sample. I had a hell of a time getting this stuff lathered up. I'll learn how to use samples eventually. I didn't get a decent lather until the third pass and the fifth or sixth dip back into the bowl. I ended up with a BBS-. Thayer's and Gusto did a damn good job of fixing me up.

No picture, I was lazy as hell this morning.

Knocked Loose is brutal, so don't listen to them unless you want to hear a bunch of perceived noise. This is their latest album, released at midnight. It's a banger in my books.

I'm gonna get back to typing up reports. Thanks for reading, Cadre.
Don’t worry about the Senator, politicians are used to being ignored.

Congrats on being an official fireduck...glad you got some quality shut eye!

Congrats official fireduck!
Don’t worry about the Senator, politicians are used to being ignored.

Congrats on being an official fireduck...glad you got some quality shut eye!
Thanks, gents! I'll be the best fireduck yet!

Always jealous of you guys with your cool uniforms and badges!
Why don't you come over to the light? I went to the academy with a handful of guys over the age of 40. They kicked more ass than us youngins.

Thanks, gents! I'll be the best fireduck yet!

Why don't you come over to the light? I went to the academy with a handful of guys over the age of 40. They kicked more ass than us youngins.
Congrats!

And don't ever discount us old guys. Especially the ones like some nubby idiot I know that's just too stupid to quit. We might be slightly (or severely) broken, but are old school bull headed. 😜

Congratulations on the new certification and officiality! (Yeah I know it isn't a word) Take a rest for a spell and then get back on your life's goals!

• Razor: Medical Weck Sextoblade
  • Blade: Personna Hair shaper, new
  • Brush: The Bioluminescent thingy
  • Soap: Mickey Lee Soapworks The Kraken
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Mickey Lee Soapworks The Kraken
  • Music: blink-182 - untitled

Alright, I'm back for real. I spent a few minutes catching up on a few journals when I got home. It feels good to read what everybody is up to without worrying about having to do something related to medicine. The grind is almost over. Work was work yesterday, but I got to take a good nap to recover from the day before. But during my time doing my pretend paramedic stuff, I was able to remind my paramedic instructor, who works for that particular department of the incredible jectahs. Long story short, he told me how much he loved using his jectah back in the day, and I'm PIFing one of mine, along with some blades, a synthetic brush and probably Coconut Oud. I was going to hook him up anyway because I love him to getting l death, and he was going to PIF me a tool bag as a congratulations gift on becoming a firefighter, so we agreed just to trade. I'm excited to hear how his first shave back feels.

I grabbed the WS-23 from my mailbox and grabbed for something that I felt would fit the stuff well. Kraken has such a beautiful scent and a unique take on a barbershop. I feel like I might grab this more often that a couple other barbershops that I have. The Sextoblade (I still hear you saying it, @dangerousdon) got the call and I kept the guard on because it scares me more than a straight without it. I think I used about the same amount of WS as @Dave in KY, and he was very right; a little goes a long way. This stuff is the real deal and I'm glad I bought some. I got a solid BBS in the areas that I can actually get BBS. A couple of weepers opened up when I went atg on my neck, but that's usually how that goes. I added two drops of some liquid WS-23 to the splash and that was a real treat. You guys gotta get some.

PSX_20190825_103551.jpg

You can't go wrong with the untitled album. I was watching a YouTube video on the significance of the bands career progression the other day. They really changed the game completely. They went from poop jokes to opening up about their personal issues in poetic ways.

I'm going to sleep. I recorded the shave, and I'll work on getting it uploaded when I wake up. Thanks for reading and watching my nonsense. Fair warning, I don't remember what I talked about, so I probably didn't say anything remotely coherent.

Great stuff today! And say it with me...Sex-TOE-blade! 🤪

I feel for you with the weepers and such.

Blink 182 is one of those groups that I really like, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. Not sure why I didn't get into them...just never did. But I did notice that they went from novelty to artists with something to say.

Good stuff Ben!
Thanks, Tim. I'm gonna pick your brain on stones in the next couple of days.

Great stuff today! And say it with me...Sex-TOE-blade! 🤪

I feel for you with the weepers and such.

Blink 182 is one of those groups that I really like, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. Not sure why I didn't get into them...just never did. But I did notice that they went from novelty to artists with something to say.
Sex-TOE-blade 🤣

This album in particular is my favorite of theirs, and there's lots of nostalgia in it for me. I love their earlier stuff too, but this was coming of age stuff.

I just can get used to calling it the Sextoblade...dunno why. It’ll always just be the Weck or the Med something.

Enjoy the day man!

Back