The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Great job cleaning up the edge Ben! Pop in when you can, how else will we get our random music selections for the day?

Thanks, Shawn. I have small hands too. My dimensions don't really add up. 🤣

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick I1
  • Blade: probably a Supply on its nth use
  • Brush: The Grizzly Bay one I think, I already forgot.
  • Soap: K Shave Worx Key Lime Barbershop
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, K Shave Worx Key Lime Barbershop
  • Music: Off With Their Heads - Be Good
The long stretch has arrived. I've been decently productive today, I'm getting my speeding ticket taken care of. Be careful if you go visit @MilkCrate, the troopers will get you.

I hadn't used the jectah in more than a few days and it was overdue. The soap. Alright, here's the thing, it smells like lemon wafers to my nose. It's not unpleasant by any means, but not exactly what I had in mind for a barbershop. Scent aside, the performance is great. Software and hardware worked together to get me BBS. I did pay a little for that BBS with some irritation. The alcohol content in the splash is quite high, my face was stinging before my hands hit my face.

No picture, I'll admit to being lazy today.

Off With Their Heads is a punk rock outfit with some more personal lyrics. This is their first single off their most recent album. It's a great listen.

I'm off to continue doing whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing. Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful week, Cadre.

Come on man, it’s not like you had to run the gauntlet to get here ... ok well ... maybe.

Anyway, I thought everyone had heard about Texas Troopers.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick I1
  • Blade: probably a Supply on its nth use
  • Brush: The Grizzly Bay one I think, I already forgot.
  • Soap: K Shave Worx Key Lime Barbershop
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, K Shave Worx Key Lime Barbershop
  • Music: Off With Their Heads - Be Good
The long stretch has arrived. I've been decently productive today, I'm getting my speeding ticket taken care of. Be careful if you go visit @MilkCrate, the troopers will get you.

I hadn't used the jectah in more than a few days and it was overdue. The soap. Alright, here's the thing, it smells like lemon wafers to my nose. It's not unpleasant by any means, but not exactly what I had in mind for a barbershop. Scent aside, the performance is great. Software and hardware worked together to get me BBS. I did pay a little for that BBS with some irritation. The alcohol content in the splash is quite high, my face was stinging before my hands hit my face.

No picture, I'll admit to being lazy today.

Off With Their Heads is a punk rock outfit with some more personal lyrics. This is their first single off their most recent album. It's a great listen.

I'm off to continue doing whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing. Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful week, Cadre.

Speeding ticket?! I missed that part of the story earlier! I’m pretty sure there was a fire/medical emergency that you were on your way to assist with. The judge will understand. ;)

Anyway, I thought everyone had heard about Texas Troopers.
One of my best friends is a trooper 🤣

Speeding ticket?! I missed that part of the story earlier! I’m pretty sure there was a fire/medical emergency that you were on your way to assist with. The judge will understand. ;)
I wish it were that easy. I slyly dropped in that I was a firefighter, but he didn't take the bait. It is what it is. 🤣

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Gillette Skim Adjustable L4
  • Blade: Didn't bother checking, probably an Astra
  • Brush: Ever Ready 100 I think
  • Soap: B&M Seville
  • Aftershave: B&M Seville
  • Music: Finch - What It Is To Burn
A wild bentheduck has a appeared! I thought I'd pop in to document this new work setup because I don't think I've used this yet. Yesterday went well, only two calls, one substantially more critical, but I handled it well and my preceptor agreed. Today started with a lot of busy work. It's open enrollment time for city insurance and we got a lecture that in my own words translated to don't get sick or injured because healthcare in this country sucks. I'm generally very healthy so it's not too big a deal for me, but it screws with people who aren't nearly as healthy as I am.

I'm pretty sure there's an Astra SP in there and I cranked that puppy up to 11! Alright, it was 9, but you get the idea, I maxed out the aggressiveness. It was not at all an uncomfortable shave like I remember from earlier shaves when I first got this razor. I'm just gonna assume that my technique has improved vastly. My partner walked in to talk in the middle of my shave and called me a hipster for whatever reason. I guess he doesn't appreciate a good shave like we do. I'll call it DFS-, I didn't put a lot of effort into reducing whiskers beyond what I need for work. A quick splash of Seville sent me on my way feeling refreshed.

IMG_20190820_081307.jpg

I maintain that the album that follows this one is Finch's best work and it continues to fall on deaf ears because this album was substantially more commercially successful. Still, I enjoy the album.

Nap time is over for now. Gotta go back to studying or whatever. Thanks for reading my nonsense and the kind words of encouragement.

Stay hydrated @GearNoir and @Dave in KY. I'm still reading along when I can.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower
  • Razor: Gillette Skim Adjustable L4
  • Blade: Didn't bother checking, probably an Astra
  • Brush: Ever Ready 100 I think
  • Soap: B&M Seville
  • Aftershave: B&M Seville
  • Music: Finch - What It Is To Burn
A wild bentheduck has a appeared! I thought I'd pop in to document this new work setup because I don't think I've used this yet. Yesterday went well, only two calls, one substantially more critical, but I handled it well and my preceptor agreed. Today started with a lot of busy work. It's open enrollment time for city insurance and we got a lecture that in my own words translated to don't get sick or injured because healthcare in this country sucks. I'm generally very healthy so it's not too big a deal for me, but it screws with people who aren't nearly as healthy as I am.

I'm pretty sure there's an Astra SP in there and I cranked that puppy up to 11! Alright, it was 9, but you get the idea, I maxed out the aggressiveness. It was not at all an uncomfortable shave like I remember from earlier shaves when I first got this razor. I'm just gonna assume that my technique has improved vastly. My partner walked in to talk in the middle of my shave and called me a hipster for whatever reason. I guess he doesn't appreciate a good shave like we do. I'll call it DFS-, I didn't put a lot of effort into reducing whiskers beyond what I need for work. A quick splash of Seville sent me on my way feeling refreshed.

View attachment 7729

I maintain that the album that follows this one is Finch's best work and it continues to fall on deaf ears because this album was substantially more commercially successful. Still, I enjoy the album.

Nap time is over for now. Gotta go back to studying or whatever. Thanks for reading my nonsense and the kind words of encouragement.

Stay hydrated @GearNoir and @Dave in KY. I'm still reading along when I can.
Given your occupation, your guys’ health insurance should be at least as good as if you were hospital workers...

With my new half gallon water jug, it’ll be pretty hard not to stay hydrated!

I heard from several people at work that traditional shaving is quite popular with the hipsters. I may have to look into that.

Back