The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Happy Anniversary !!
Thanks, Dave!

Everyone raise a glass of water to Ben and what has to be his better half.
Definitely my better half. The other half doesn't know when bingo starts or how to read.

After his video I think he needs the custom title "It is what it is" I use that expression but he fits it in a LOT more to a conversation with himself than I could @Cvargo
But I'm a shave enthusiast!

Happy anniversary!
Thank you, Shawn!

Happy anniversary Ben & Mrs. Duck!
Thank you, Bruce!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Karve, C plate
  • Blade: GSB (3)
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb, 26mm finest badger
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Dragon's Blood
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Music: Hands Like Houses - -Anon.
So here I am pretending to be a paramedic for one of the last 5 times before I test out and actually become one. I'm not as nervous as I normally would be because I used to work with these people. Actually, my preceptor was my partner for 6 months before he was reassigned. My preceptor's partner is one of my paramedic school classmates. Beyond that, I used to work in this station alongside the same firefighters, and some of the firefighters used to work for the department that I currently work for, so I'm pretty much home. I'm comfortable enough to do what I need to do; I have incredibly capable hands here to help me succeed and it's a wonderful feeling. I was just talking to the shift Lt. and he had nothing but incredibly nice things to say about me, my character, and my work ethic and it made me proud. I've worked so hard to make a name for myself apart from my last name back home, where I'm known as somebody's son, not as who I am. This is where I was meant to be.

I decided to keep with this week's theme and go with the clutch Ghost Dragon's Blood. Despite the incredible experience with the Senator, I felt that I needed to take a break from it and it was a good opportunity to go back and use the C plate on my Karve, just to really give it a good comparison against the Senator. The C plate definitely seemed to perform better today and really got close to the Senator's results; BBS-. Based on that evaluation I might be picking up the OC C plate this coming paycheck, which might give the Karve that last little push that I need from it to be better than the Senator. The Honeycomb did a great job of whipping up a damn good lather. It doesn't have a whole lot of backbone, which normally bothers me, but it's actually not really throwing me off. No complaints.

No picture today. I needed to get my head in the game a bit, so I focused on pretending on knowing what I'm doing.

I haven't really paid too much attention to HLH recently. I knew they released this album a year ago, but nothing really caught my attention. It's a good album, but it doesn't come close to comparing to their first album which set the standard for me. -Anon. is still a good listen and not too wild for those who don't want to pull their hair out listening to my crazy music.

I'm gonna take a break from the monotony of doing nothing to study for my state fire exam on Friday. I wish you all the best day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.

What are these people doing to you Ben? All this positive reinforcement and your helmet isn't going to fit soon! Hope you have a fun few days there.

What are these people doing to you Ben? All this positive reinforcement and your helmet isn't going to fit soon! Hope you have a fun few days there.
It already doesn't fit, that's why I stay on the ambulance! :cool:🤣 It's going to be good time for sure.

• Razor: Karve, C plate
  • Blade: GSB (3)
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb, 26mm finest badger
  • Soap: CBL Ghost Dragon's Blood
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Music: Hands Like Houses - -Anon.
So here I am pretending to be a paramedic for one of the last 5 times before I test out and actually become one. I'm not as nervous as I normally would be because I used to work with these people. Actually, my preceptor was my partner for 6 months before he was reassigned. My preceptor's partner is one of my paramedic school classmates. Beyond that, I used to work in this station alongside the same firefighters, and some of the firefighters used to work for the department that I currently work for, so I'm pretty much home. I'm comfortable enough to do what I need to do; I have incredibly capable hands here to help me succeed and it's a wonderful feeling. I was just talking to the shift Lt. and he had nothing but incredibly nice things to say about me, my character, and my work ethic and it made me proud. I've worked so hard to make a name for myself apart from my last name back home, where I'm known as somebody's son, not as who I am. This is where I was meant to be.

I decided to keep with this week's theme and go with the clutch Ghost Dragon's Blood. Despite the incredible experience with the Senator, I felt that I needed to take a break from it and it was a good opportunity to go back and use the C plate on my Karve, just to really give it a good comparison against the Senator. The C plate definitely seemed to perform better today and really got close to the Senator's results; BBS-. Based on that evaluation I might be picking up the OC C plate this coming paycheck, which might give the Karve that last little push that I need from it to be better than the Senator. The Honeycomb did a great job of whipping up a damn good lather. It doesn't have a whole lot of backbone, which normally bothers me, but it's actually not really throwing me off. No complaints.

No picture today. I needed to get my head in the game a bit, so I focused on pretending on knowing what I'm doing.

I haven't really paid too much attention to HLH recently. I knew they released this album a year ago, but nothing really caught my attention. It's a good album, but it doesn't come close to comparing to their first album which set the standard for me. -Anon. is still a good listen and not too wild for those who don't want to pull their hair out listening to my crazy music.

I'm gonna take a break from the monotony of doing nothing to study for my state fire exam on Friday. I wish you all the best day. Thanks for reading, Cadre.
Great report Ben! I’m glad you’ve found your purpose where you are at! It’s definitely nice to feel appreciated and be supported by a strong community!

Good stuff Ben. Hard work seeing results and recognition is good. NOW, go drink some water !
Thanks, Dave! I'm on it!

Great report Ben! I’m glad you’ve found your purpose where you are at! It’s definitely nice to feel appreciated and be supported by a strong community!
Thanks, Chris. It's definitely nice to be welcomed back to my old stomping grounds.

Good to hear you are getting the recognition that you deserve.

What?! You gotta buy another piece of kit to complete with a vintage razor?

• Razor: Cornell 5/8 something tip
  • Brush: the pea soup one
  • Soap: CBL Iron Throne
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Derby City Winter Reserve
  • Music: Bad Rabbits - Mimi
I'm back again! For today. I'll probably be MIA for the rest of the week because I'll be bouncing back and forth between work and where I'm pretending to be a paramedic. For those of you who don't know the good news, I passed that stupid exam. All that's left is to have my fingerprints scanned and application submitted.

I finished cleaning up this straight last night and it's a whole lot better than it was before. And lapping film did the trick for honing. I'm not sure why I waited so long to get done chromium oxide and iron oxide, but I'll be applying that to some balsa when it gets here to really make it a treat to use. It was freshly honed last night, but I did take it to the leather for about a minute. Iron Throne provided the necessary slickness and cooling to finish off the Chill Out week. WTG, ATG, and ATG on under the jaw was uneventful. I got a DFS+. I missed a couple spots, but I'll figure it out before long.

PSX_20190818_094732.jpg

Bad Rabbits is a good time. A little modern funk to get the funk out.

I came to work to get my "ears," but I'll be off back home in a couple to start packing for my week away from home. Thanks for catching up and reading, Cadre. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Back