The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

Tl;dr

Ben is going to look wild eyed like Nicholas Cage in Bring Out The Dead soon.

I'm starting to imagine that Mr Crate is in the witness protection program and it would be fun to try to guess why. I'm going to start off with assuming he was the accountant for the mob's mid-west mole weasel racing group. Which was really just a cover for sloth fights.

Congrats on the passing of the mandatory testing of memory there Ben. Though I'm not entirely sure you're excited about all this.

Tl;dr

Ben is going to look wild eyed like Nicholas Cage in Bring Out The Dead soon.
But I'm a better actor. I have everybody fooled into thinking that I know what I'm doing. 🤣

I'm starting to imagine that Mr Crate is in the witness protection program and it would be fun to try to guess why. I'm going to start off with assuming he was the accountant for the mob's mid-west mole weasel racing group. Which was really just a cover for sloth fights.

Congrats on the passing of the mandatory testing of memory there Ben. Though I'm not entirely sure you're excited about all this.
You could be right...or wrong. But I suggest that you sleep with a sharp object under your pillow now.
Honestly, I'm not super excited about it. It's part of my job, but chief understands that medicine is my forte. It's whatever.

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Gillette Sheraton?
  • Blade: Wizamet, new
  • Brush: The Easter boar one
  • Soap: B&M Reserve Classic
  • Aftershave: B&M Reserve Classic
  • Music: Calle 13 - Los De Atrás Ven Conmigo
My Monday has arrived again, it feels like it got here faster than usual. It's Sunday and a lazy day, I'm only required to do the ambulance stuff today. I have Tuesday off because I actually planned to have my anniversary off...unlike Venessa. That's pretty much it for life updates.

Today's razor is courtesy of the mysterious @MilkCrate who kinda forced me to take it. I picked it up, noticed that it wasn't opening, then I fixed it before I left. "Take it!" "Alright fine, stop twisting my arm!" That's pretty much how I ended up with it. And I have no regrets. I accidentally would've gotten a clean BBS if I had done my last half pass with no time restraints. On the topic of the Reserve base, I genuinely have no idea why people have a hard time building lathers with it. I have hard water, so it's slightly harder for me, but I still get it done. Anyway, whatever this razor is, I'll be getting one of my own because this is the best shave I've gotten to date, and of course it's only a few days after I get the Karve.

No picture today because aliens. Deal with it.

I'm channeling my inner Hispanicness with Calle 13, pronounced kai-yeh thres-eh. They're a Puerto Rican group that had a hit on the popular outlets back in the early 2000's and I've been listening to them on and off ever since. They're not the stereotypical reggaeton, and actually put thought and effort into the music and lyrics. Beyond the music, they try to empower the community with their music.

It's time to go back to sleep. Have a wonderful Sunday, Cadre. Thanks for reading my nonsense.

Wait a minute. Vanessa didn't take off for your anniversary and questions soap purchases...............Are we sure she's right for you ;) 😂 😂
You make a very good point. I should be able to buy whatever I want based on my forethought and her absentmindedness! She's even known that I had the day off since February!

I have Tuesday off because I actually planned to have my anniversary off...unlike Venessa.
Ok, that’s step one. Now you need to pout around the house while replying “nothing” when she asked what’s wrong. This should lead to you getting a dozen roses and a nice necklace for your anniversary.

Or at least that’s how it happens in the movies.

Ok, that’s step one. Now you need to pout around the house while replying “nothing” when she asked what’s wrong. This should lead to you getting a dozen roses and a nice necklace for your anniversary.

Or at least that’s how it happens in the movies.
I didn't even have to do anything, she offered to enable a little RAD. #winning

First of all, they don't even write their own music. Lol
Honestly that's a minor point for me. There are plenty of amazing artists that can do both and also a ton of writers that prefer writing to getting on the big stage, either from not liking the attention or that is just where their passion is.

Yup! I see you winning the battle. Save this one up for when you have that really big purchase!
I'm getting a brand new Dovo out of it. 😁

Honestly that's a minor point for me. There are plenty of amazing artists that can do both and also a ton of writers that prefer writing to getting on the big stage, either from not liking the attention or that is just where their passion is.
It's really whatever, but I really do appreciate it more when artists take that extra effort to compose their own music because of how difficult it is. Led Zeppelin are thieves, though.

It's really whatever, but I really do appreciate it more when artists take that extra effort to compose their own music because of how difficult it is. Led Zeppelin are thieves, though.
That is true.

there is a reason Queen is Queen after all

• Razor: Gillette Senator
  • Blade: Wizamet (1)
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb, finest badger
  • Soap: Abatte y la Mantia Don Jose
  • Aftershave: Abatte y la Mantia Don Jose
  • Music: Bad Astronaut - Acrophobe
Good morning, y'all. (Reference to a video my coworker tagged me in on Facebook). Well it's actually after noon, now. I showered and shaved in preparation for today's special occasion. No, I don't only shower on special occasions. It's my 2 year anniversary and that's kind of a big deal for us. I went out and got a haircut, washed and cleaned out my truck, and got the cats some food. I'll have to squeeze in some studying today and tomorrow when I'm pretending to be a paramedic.

I decided to go with this week's theme of chilled out or chill out, whatever. Don Jose is one of I think 3 mentholated soaps in my den and it kinda fit the weather. The performance in pretty mediocre, but it's a pleasant scent. The Honeycomb brush did a little better than I expected, but it's finest badger, so I don't know what I was expecting. I love this Senator and I MUST get one of my own. Despite the mediocre software I walked away with actually BBS-, which was not what I said in the video, but I'm okay with being wrong.

PSX_20190813_123006.jpg

Bad Astronaut. I don't know what to talk about when it comes to them. It's side project of the singer's who is in a couple of other bands, most notably Lagwagon. BA is a lot more toned down on the fast punk rock.

The video is uploading and I'll share it in the appropriate location when I get back from my lunch date with Venessa. Side note, it might be fun game to count how many times I say, "it is what it is," in my videos until I stop saying it so often. It actually kind of annoys me when I watching back. Haha. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre. I wish you all the best day possible.

• Razor: Gillette Senator
  • Blade: Wizamet (1)
  • Brush: WCS Honeycomb, finest badger
  • Soap: Abatte y la Mantia Don Jose
  • Aftershave: Abatte y la Mantia Don Jose
  • Music: Bad Astronaut - Acrophobe
Good morning, y'all. (Reference to a video my coworker tagged me in on Facebook). Well it's actually after noon, now. I showered and shaved in preparation for today's special occasion. No, I don't only shower on special occasions. It's my 2 year anniversary and that's kind of a big deal for us. I went out and got a haircut, washed and cleaned out my truck, and got the cats some food. I'll have to squeeze in some studying today and tomorrow when I'm pretending to be a paramedic.

I decided to go with this week's theme of chilled out or chill out, whatever. Don Jose is one of I think 3 mentholated soaps in my den and it kinda fit the weather. The performance in pretty mediocre, but it's a pleasant scent. The Honeycomb brush did a little better than I expected, but it's finest badger, so I don't know what I was expecting. I love this Senator and I MUST get one of my own. Despite the mediocre software I walked away with actually BBS-, which was not what I said in the video, but I'm okay with being wrong.

View attachment 7412

Bad Astronaut. I don't know what to talk about when it comes to them. It's side project of the singer's who is in a couple of other bands, most notably Lagwagon. BA is a lot more toned down on the fast punk rock.

The video is uploading and I'll share it in the appropriate location when I get back from my lunch date with Venessa. Side note, it might be fun game to count how many times I say, "it is what it is," in my videos until I stop saying it so often. It actually kind of annoys me when I watching back. Haha. Thanks for reading and watching, Cadre. I wish you all the best day possible.
Have a great lunch date and anniversary! Hope the day goes well!

Back