The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Life On the Wee Woo Box

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Karve, C plate
  • Blade: GSB (2)
  • Brush: That Darn Rob something with a fancy big badger knot
  • Soap: LNHC Coconut Oud
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original, Sapone Di Paolo Creamoso balm
  • Music: The punk rock playlist that Google Music has blessed me with
Well I started the day with my partner telling me that he had a rough shift in my absence. It seems my coworkers like giving him trouble over the things he doesn't know instead of helping him understand the things he doesn't know so he doesn't make the mistakes again. That pisses me off. He's brand spanking new to this business, he doesn't know nearly as much as we do. To make things worse the main culprit has now shown up late twice in two weeks. But I digest.

I'm giving the C plate another go and it's working great until I get to the area under my chin. It keeps missing the mark on that one trouble spot, slightly disappointing, but it makes it up by making everything else damn near BBS. Coconut Oud did its beautiful job and smelled great as usual. I waltzed into work with a BBS-.

PSX_20190804_100535.jpg

I pressed the "I'm feeling lucky" button in Google Music on my way home from home and I hit the jackpot with some awesome punk rock that reminds me of younger days.

I'll be playing the role of competent leader today and showing my partner how to be better at his job. I owe it to him to show him the ropes like my very first partner did for me so that he can be just as good, if not better than me someday and pass this knowledge and experience onto his rookie. I'm not interested in hanging him out to dry like everybody else.

Thanks for reading my nonsense. Have a wonderful and restful Sunday, Cadre.

Be careful waltzing into work, you could impact the house safety record.
The house is anything but safe when I'm inside! 🤣

Eating the young is a crappy attitude to have.

I hope that was on porpoise and not a typo cause it struck me as funny.
Agreed. I'm trying my hardest to change the culture. We have so many good inexperienced people and it would be a shame if we scared them off or taught them all the wrong things because we think it's funny.

I'm not even sure where I am, so it could have been a joke or a typo. We'll likely never know.

Yup.. dump on the FNG. It’s too bad when that happens too much. A little bit maybe, but they gotta know when to quit.

Yup.. dump on the FNG. It’s too bad when that happens too much. A little bit maybe, but they gotta know when to quit.
Exactly. I pick on him too, but I know when to draw the line. I'm not interested in making him feel like he's worthless, he needs to be confident in the face of uncertainty and danger. He has a strong foundation as a good man, I don't need to break him down at all, so I'm just building him up to be knowledgeable and competent.

So I shaved, but I'm not going to document it other than saying I used a SR, only went with the grain, and focused on blade angle, no pressure, and technique. I also used DG Taum Sauk which I forgot that I forgot I had. That's pretty much it. I just needed a shave for fun to forget the stress of work and school.

I hope we're all having an acceptable Monday, Cadre. I'm off to day drink with one of my former coworkers. Thanks for reading.

Edit: Judging by how close Emma is sitting (read: on my face) she really approves of Taum Sauk. She's being really annoying.

Hope the drinks were good and the fellowship was enlightening!
Check and check! Her parents live in the city that I work in, and she likes to keep up with the nonsense that I have to deal with. So I vent, she vents, and we drink!

• Pre-shave: Warm shower and apricot scrub
  • Razor: Schick Eversharp G-8
  • Blade: Personna 74, (3)
  • Brush: The Prometheus Handcrafts Cloud one that I have
  • Soap: Oleo Wayoh
  • Aftershave: Thayer's Original
  • Music: Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave
My Friday is kinda here, at least it is for work. It's been a busy day. We started the day with the usual counting things and talking about what I expect of my partner in some situations. We went over to the other station to talk to chief. He wasn't there and we were really supposed to go to his office, but there was a little miscommunication. While we were in the wrong spot the old man and I discussed what we thought would be best for my partner due to his lack of experience. I think they're taking his inexperience a little too seriously, he's really doing fine and he's progressing quite well. For the time being he's going to stay with me and I'll show him the ropes the best I can. We finally made it back to talk to chief about the future of the department and my honest feelings about how things are currently. We have a great rapport from my last job where I was stationed within the department he was last with. We're on the same page and I'm feeling good about my role within the department.

Get on with the shaving already!!!

Today's gear was really just thrown together because I was running behind. I squeaked out a DFS++ with Wayoh and the jectah. I had a weeper on my neck, but the shave was otherwise lacking in drama. Because of the improvised nature of the shave I forgot to throw on the matching splash. I did however have a spare couple of seconds to spritz on some Spicebomb. Oh goodness I love that stuff so much.

No picture because I can't tell time or read or do math. I don't know how I've made it this far in life.

I randomly felt like listening to FOB a few days ago and I really love their old stuff, the less genetic pop punk stuff. I wish they'd return to their roots, but I understand that they wanted to move forward with their sound.

It's been a good day, but I need a nap in the worst way. I'm a little nervous about my hazmat stuff on Thursday but I'll study up a little bit to make sure I'm prepared.

Thanks for reading my nonsense. Carry on, Cadre.

*I'm not good at math today

This is what I get for picking on your typo. 🤣

Back